Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Frozen Four

Originally posted by Riz View Post
    Anybody care to explain why that's not 5 minutes and a game misconduct?? Looked much worse than LaLeggias.
    Nothing could have been worse than LaLeggia's...but this one was close. It definitely should have been 5 and a game.
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      Nothing could have been worse than LaLeggia's...but this one was close. It definitely should have been 5 and a game.
      This one looked like more an elbow and less of the skaters head down.

Comment

Rut ro
        YALE HOCKEY
        2013 National Champions

Comment

Is BU actively trying to play for overtime?
          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

• It's a game!

Comment

Oh dear...

Comment

Sadly, the 7th time is not the charm for Dave Hakstol.

Comment

Unbelievable effort in the 3rd there ND..
                  you weathered the storm Terriers.

Great college hockey gm.
                  GO NU HOCKEY
                  Always bullish on the future.
                  We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                    Sadly, the 7th time is not the charm for Dave Hakstol.
                    Dave Hakstol didn't have much to do with that one. I thought he had his team very well prepared. If the Sioux would have come out and looked the way Omaha did, I would have been much more disappointed.

Kudos to BU...they did a great job of limiting North Dakota, and were even nice enough to gift us a goal to get us back in it. Terriers did a great job of capitalizing on their chances, and are a very deserving team playing in the Championship game. Same should be said for Providence. PC and BU combined to knock out 5 of the 6 NCHC teams (with the other getting knocked out by an NCHC team).

Either way, good luck to both teams...hope that it's a classic title game. I'll be rooting for PC, solely because I like to see teams that have never won, win it all (I'm a Vikings fan...I figure rooting karma has to come back to me at some point right? ).
                    North Dakota

Comment

So much for cheap tickets for Saturday night. Since the Providence victory, half the 1000 tickets available on StubHub have sold, and the get-in price has doubled to $250. And the market will only tighten now that BU has won.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        I'll be rooting for PC, solely because I like to see teams that have never won, win it all..
                        this we can agree on.. :-)
                        GO NU HOCKEY
                        Always bullish on the future.
                        We don't always win Hockey East or the Beanpot (#trilogy).. but when we do.. we are the Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                          Yep. That should have been a 5 and Game Misconduct...stupid play.
                          The knee on knee hit was borderline too
                          Yes I am the former member known as Zlax45

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                            If the Sioux would have come out and looked the way Omaha did, I would have been much more disappointed.
                            That's very thinly veiled. But I am glad the UND is not disappointed.
                            Last edited by Golden Tuuk; 04-09-2015, 10:33 PM.

Comment

Hockey East national championship. Those in the league are not surprised. Says a lot for the league and very little for the validity of the pair wise selection process. The field of 16 would have been better served with UNH, Vermont and Lowell included. Those additional teams were much better than many of the teams selected.

Comment

Originally posted by The Zlax45 View Post
                                The knee on knee hit was borderline too
                                Yeah...within any game there are calls that could go different ways. The knee on knee could have been a 5. There were a few trips/hits that could have been called that weren't. Poolman's boarding minor at the end of the first that ultimately lead to BU's second goal was iffy. At the end of the day, it's college hockey with college officiating...that is going to happen in every game. Usually the team that either takes advantage of that (or keeps their head straight through the adversity) is the team that wins at the end of the day. Fortunately, at the end of the day, I don't think the officiating affected the ultimate result.

Originally posted by Golden Tuuk View Post
                                That's very thinly veiled. But I am glad the UND is not disappointed.
                                I'm sure the team is devastated. That being said, you may want to re-read my post...
                                North Dakota

Comment

Working...
                                X