Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2015-2016

Originally posted by aweise View Post
    Whatever These guys are doing, keep doing it. Good things will come if they keep playing like this.
    I am with you 110%. Keep it going !!! While it does not show it yet in the win/loss column, these past three games are some of the best Dutchman hockey I have seen all year !!!
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

We controlled play for roughly 60 minutes and have nothing to show for it. I've long stopped expecting a win each night and am happy when they're competitive. Say what you will but Sak didn't give us a chance to win. 3 goals against with 20 odd shots...not even mediocre. He makes playing goal look difficult. I will say that if Kupsky hasn't stepped up yet I'm worried about our immediate future in goal.

Secondly we played a high effort game. It was frustrating that with all the shots on goal we didn't have many grade A's. Credit Clarkson's D. I know it's blasphemy but even with the penalty shot goal I feel that Vech has not developed much since last year. He's still EASILY our best player however he doesn't seem to have elevated the team around him. His goals coming into the year were to elevate his game to the level of Vesey at Harvard but I'm afraid I haven't seen it yet.

At this point outside of Vech we don't have a consistent offensive threat. No one that can create and be counted on to generate offense night in and night out. Let's be happy with the development and hope this coaching staff can continue to squeeze as much out of this squad as they can for future years.

To rebuild this team into a champion we need 4-5 outstanding talents and about 15 guys that hate losing more than anything. Let's hope this freshman group and the next can begin to fill in and lay the foundation for a resurgence.

Go U

Comment

Sorry to learn of Noah Henry's departure.

Wish Union had a beat writer in Ken Schott's position who was closer to the team - turns out the Henry news is not new. Ken's probably a nice guy, but his questions (ex. "How important was your goal in that 1-0 game?") coupled with his lack of hockey knowledge, appears to result in the program disregarding him. He either gets information late or wrong too often. While he's been at it for decades, I'm convinced a 10-year-old could learn more about the game in a few sittings than Ken will ever know.
        Last edited by Vaportrail; 02-06-2016, 10:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Vaportrail View Post
          Wish Union had a beat writer in Ken Schott's position who was closer to the team.
          Ken Schott is a complete AS*HOLE.
          Last edited by Dutchman; 02-06-2016, 12:49 PM.
          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
            Ken Schott is a complete AS*HOLE.
            Amen
            Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
            And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
            WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
            If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Originally posted by GameOn View Post
              We controlled play for roughly 60 minutes and have nothing to show for it. I've long stopped expecting a win each night and am happy when they're competitive. Say what you will but Sak didn't give us a chance to win. 3 goals against with 20 odd shots...not even mediocre. He makes playing goal look difficult. I will say that if Kupsky hasn't stepped up yet I'm worried about our immediate future in goal.
              Go U
              What about Joe Young? - I thought that he earned another shot after his shift against Cornell but we haven't seen him aside from Bennett playing with the Mayor's Cup lineup sheet.
              Let's Go Union!!

Comment

At the end of the day I'm all for either Young or Kupsky taking the reins. The biggest concern I have is that Sak is our best option. This year will be all about small gains and developing players. Not sure playing Sak right now is the best way to prepare for the future seeing as how we have no other goalie recruits at this time.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Very pleased with what I saw:
                    IMO:
                    - Overcame adversity - first two shots by St. Lawrence were goals.
                    - Overcame adversity - 5 on 3's.
                    - Fourth straight game of playing 60 minutes of hockey !!!! never quit
                    - The Saints are very skilled and very fast with a great "D" and goalie and we played them even.
                    - Freshmen B. Taylor, Maier, Walker, Cambell, Dufour, Supinski winning 1 on 1 battles
                    - Leadership steps up - 6 of 9 points came from "As" and "Cs"

We keep playing like this and very good things will start to happen !!! In the last 4 games, this is a different Dutchmen team.

P.S. - DeSimone needs to be flogged for that second penalty.
                    P.S. - We are leading all of College Hockey with games ending in a tie. We are third in all-time ECAC. The ECAC record is 11 set by Harvard back in 2011.
                    Last edited by Dutchman; 02-07-2016, 04:09 PM.
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

It looks like Union's season is becoming a metaphor for the student who is behind in his studies and must cram for his finals (ECAC Tournament). It's a tough way to do business. Sometimes it works...sometimes not.

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
                        Is it Union policy to get players with names no one can spell?!

Comment

Here's a little more on Union's newest commit, Zachary Emelifeonwu: https://t.co/o8deL8HTOI

Comment

Messa upgrades. Subscribers can get full story.

http://www.dailygazette.com/news/201...207_unionrink/

Comment

Long overdue and sorely needed, but likely wont happen for several years as raising that kind of money, especially at a place like Union takes time, unless they have a sugar daddy in their back pocket.

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
                                Is it Union policy to get players with names no one can spell?!
                                How do you even get that on the back of a sweater? I'd go with Eme...nwu
                                Not a real doctor, nor do I play one on TV!
                                Clarkson 1990

Comment

Working...
                                X