Union College: 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2015-2016

Nice win .... not sure how we did it ..... please don't change the lineup for Brown. Keep those seven freshmen. I am very superstitious Apparently a big Union crowd. Last year Alex also had a great win in New Haven. Brown will be very tough. One of the best lines in College Hockey. Put up the first three goals against RPI.
    Last edited by Dutchman; 01-30-2016, 10:20 AM.
    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
      Nice win .... not sure how we did it ..... please don't change the lineup for Brown. Keep those seven freshmen. I am very superstitious Apparently a big Union crowd. Last year Alex also had a great win in New Haven. Brown will be very tough. One of the best lines in College Hockey. Put up three against RPI in the first period.
      And then Brown blew the lead in losing to RPI....they'll either be completely deflated or quite ornery and difficult to play against.

It sounded like Sak played well, but it also seemed like they just took advantage of Yale's mistakes. I'll take it, regardless.
      Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Last night we played, not including the goalie,

2 seniors
        3 juniors
        6 sophomores
        7 freshmen

I would keep the "Magnificent Seven" freshmen ....

Vidmar
        Dufour
        Maier
        Supinski
        Walker
        Cambell
        Taylor (Brendan)

on the ice the rest of the way. Sure, they are going to make mistakes but the upperclassmen have not been delivering so what do we have to lose? If we can give them enough playing time, maybe they will come together by tournament time? Most of our jrs and seniors are just not hungry enough.
        Last edited by Dutchman; 01-30-2016, 02:20 PM.
        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          Nice win .... not sure how we did it ..... please don't change the lineup for Brown. Keep those seven freshmen. I am very superstitious Apparently a big Union crowd. Last year Alex also had a great win in New Haven. Brown will be very tough. One of the best lines in College Hockey. Put up the first three goals against RPI.
          Brown's goalie and/or defense seemed weak to me.
          sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
            Brown's goalie and/or defense seemed weak to me.
            Ralph thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, you can probably say the same thing about us. We have been giving up almost 4 per game recently. Brown always plays us tough ... always. Even going back to our championship teams, it was always a physical battle and close, except maybe last year in Providence. They beat Providence which IMO means they can beat anyone. Of course, that is true for all the teams in the ECAC this year. Their goalie and defense were not weak when they beat us in Schenectady earlier this year. I don't expect that to change tonight.
            Last edited by Dutchman; 01-30-2016, 02:27 PM.
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

• Brown is big and physical. If you can get the game more up tempo, you will win. Union can play physical and win that way as well, but it will look look like NYR-PHL from the late 70's. Good luck.
              Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              Ralph thanks for the heads up. Unfortunately, you can probably say the same thing about us. We have been giving up almost 4 per game recently. Brown always plays us tough ... always. Even going back to our championship teams, it was always a physical battle and close, except maybe last year in Providence. They beat Providence which IMO means they can beat anyone. Of course, that is true for all the teams in the ECAC this year. Their goalie and defense were not weak when they beat us in Schenectady earlier this year. I don't expect that to change tonight.

Comment

Same lineup as last night .... YES !!!!!

We are still going with those seven freshmen.

Vidmar
                Dufour
                Maier
                Supinski
                Walker
                Cambell
                Taylor (Brendan)

IMO looking at next year, right now there is a much bigger upside for us playing these 13 freshmen and sophomores, win, lose or draw. We are only losing two starters next year and if the coaches can attract another excellent class ....
                Last edited by Dutchman; 01-30-2016, 04:40 PM.
                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Finally watched the Yale game. I'm so glad he is keeping the freshmen and sophomores for Brown !!!! This is FINALLY a result of the team's performance(or lack thereof). If you're a senior or a Junior and you don't make the required effort, there are plenty of others just waiting for their chance. I'm very glad we got the win, a well deserved win !

Go Union !!!
                  Let's go Union !
                  ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                  ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                  NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Only three, 2-minute penalties the last two games ...... nice work !!! Stay out of the box and win.
                    The underclassmen (Freshmen and Sophomores) lineup is 1-0-1
                    Jeff Taylor is a -9, worst on the team. His stats are 2 goals, 6 assists and 8 points. He is shooting percentage is .038. Last year he was +5, points 4-27-31 and shooting .061. Is he or has he been hurt?
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Watched the Brown game last night. Finally seeing some people trying ! I hope it's a trend that continues. I even saw Alex making some good stops and looking solid
                      The game could have gone either way, even if Union had a couple more really good chances than Brown. Brown also had a few very nice breakaways that could have turned the tide. The D needs to work on that a bit this week. I don't think it's speed or skill; looked like poor positioning.
                      I'd take another 3 points week end any time !

Go Union !
                      Let's go Union !
                      ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                      ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                      NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Union’s Taylor receives ECAC hockey weekly honor
                        http://blog.timesunion.com/hockey/un...y-honor/20543/
                        Union forward Brendan Taylor, a freshman from Nanaimo, British Columbia, has been selected as ECAC hockey’s Player of the Week.

The second freshmen to win this award .....
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Latest recruit, 6'3" defenseman ... from Minnesota.
                          6-foot-3 and 197 pounds.
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Same lineup as last week ..... 13 freshmen and sophomores ... excellent move coach !!! Even if we lose, we win because we are getting this highly talented class ready for next year. This is also a chance for them to play together and we all get to see a Union College line that averages 6'4" The underclassmen are hungry, some of the upperclassmen are not.

Remember .... take the shot !!!!
                            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lKEihcQaa_g
                            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Postgame reaction after a 4-1 loss to Clarkson... though the bigger story is Bennett announced that defenseman Noah Henry has left the team because of an unspecified "family decision."

Bennett audio: https://t.co/tgqdihwNbT

Vecchione/Sak audio: http://bit.ly/1Pq69wv
                              Last edited by rdf8585; 02-06-2016, 01:36 AM.

Comment

Last night brought me back to the late 90s and early 2000s teams....and not because it was "90s Night".

The boys did everything right, except score. Lewis was excellent, but started to give up rebounds later in the game that Union just couldn't control. Great job by him and Clarkson's defense.

Whatever These guys are doing, keep doing it. Good things will come if they keep playing like this.
                                Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X