Union College: 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2015-2016

Maybe Harvard will underestimate us? It's happened to the best of teams.
    Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Originally posted by Goaliefan View Post
      Maybe Harvard will underestimate us? It's happened to the best of teams.
      For what it's worth, Union has actually done better against teams ranked at the time they played them. Against those teams, Union is 3-2-1. Against all others, the Dutchmen are 1-4-2.

Comment

sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

Originally posted by Ralph Baer View Post
          Its more than a rumor.. looks like a nice get. U now has the (tied for) leading scorer and 4th leading scorer in OJHL.
          http://ojhl.pointstreaksites.com/vie...21/news_362222

A good win this past Saturday against a team that had been playing very well. Time will tell how good Mack really is, as their league schedule gets tougher (next weekend they get a visit from Nate). Very happy that Sak finally got a shutout, he's come close a couple times this season and is nice to see him rewarded. IMO he's been better than last season and except for a couple clunkers has given U a chance every time he's played.

Harvard is very very talented and my expectations are low.. but hopefully the boys move their feet and don't get in a track meet with them. Dartmouth is a big game and one that U needs to get points.
          UNIONNY HOCKEY - Not in Kentucky anymore..

Comment

Originally posted by ADK11 View Post
            Time will tell how good Mack really is
            They got off to a good start last year but lost 10 of their final 13. They returned everyone this year. Also, they are extremely hard to beat at Lawler. They were 9-4-2 at Lawler last year. I see them a HE top 5 with BC, UML, PC, & BU.
            We will see them again at the Dartmouth tournament. What worries me about Harvard is their defense. I did not think they could come up with a replacement superstar goalie to replace Micalyck. They didn't come up with one ... they came up with two.
            Last edited by Dutchman; 12-01-2015, 11:20 AM.
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Here's a little more on Kosack's commitment, with some thoughts from his coach: http://bit.ly/1NjvdTT

Comment

Does Union offer a Webcast (ie, video) of its home hockey games? I'd like to watch online tonight if possible.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                  Does Union offer a Webcast (ie, video) of its home hockey games? I'd like to watch online tonight if possible.
                  Have to pay for it, and it isn't that good at all.

Comment

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                    Yes, much improved over last year. Better cameras (HD), greater bandwidth to servers in Atlanta, multiple camera shots, interviews. They now have instant replay and multiple camera angles. Better buffering so you can scroll back in real time. Better rink lighting but still could be improved further. The play by play is terrible. IMO the video is at least as good as the Ivy League Network. I was in Bright for the Yale game and I think you were shooting with a single camera.

http://unionathletics.tv/

Men's Hockey vs. Harvard
                    The men's hockey team will host Harvard on Friday, December 4 at 7:30 p.m.
                    • WATCH LIVE | PURCHASE
                    http://www.unionathletics.tv/amember/signup.php
                    Last edited by Dutchman; 12-04-2015, 12:01 PM.
                    DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                    DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Gingras (yes, Gingras) in up front for Maier tonight.

Comment

It took Vessey 10 seconds to score !!!
                        Foo decided to make it a game.
                        Dartmouth has a hot Freshman goaltender, Buffalo. Only gave up one against Michigan and one against RPI.
                        Time for Vecchione (C) and Wilkins (C) to step up.
                        Did not look like a sellout.
                        - Last six games, we played 5 against ranked teams, 2-2-1
                        - Last two against very tough D's - averaged 4
                        Cannot let up on defense
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I'll give Union credit for not letting the game slip away after falling down 1-0 just 10 secs in and then 2-0 later in the period. They responded great, scoring the next three go up 3-2 after two. That being said, it's tough to settle for a tie after leading 3-2 and 4-3 on home ice in the third.

Postgame audio -

Bennett

Scarfo/Foo

Harvard coach Donato

And a look back at the game.

Comment

Looking forward to the game tonight. Thought the Big Green played their best game of the year last night at RPI. We always seem to play well this time of year while on break. Hopefully no let up tonight. Looks like the Dutchman are playing great against really good teams the last few weeks as well. Any suggestions for a pre-game beverage near the rink?

Comment

After a so-so start, a good second period, and a lousy 3rd, 1 point is better than none...
                              It seems that we put 2 pucks in our net, that's bad luck. The other 2 Harvard goals, our D gets bullied out of the way... Credits to Harvard for having strong players who can do that (good moves too) ! Our D really should not get pushed out of the way like they did on those 2 goals.
                              First period was unfair !!!! We weren't really ready to start the game and they were !! Come on guys, wake up ! That's why they blow a whistle : to make sure everyone is up and ready to go !!!!
                              Very active second period, everyone contributing, Foo out of this world. A line with him, Maier and Pontarelli would be a killer line IMO...
                              Third period, we stopped playing. I see a pattern I really don't like here : good first 40 minutes, and not so good last 20. Do we run out steam ? Does Rick change the strategy... ? We should never let our foot off the gas with only a 1 goal lead !!! Harvard was way more consistent in that regard and it gives them a point.
                              OT : meh...

Other thought : hope the Harvard player that got hurt is OK, he seemed to be holding his wrist/lower arm when skating of... Did he get hurt before hitting the linesman or did the linesman accidentally hurt him when he fell on top of him ?
                              Last edited by UFan; 12-05-2015, 02:54 PM.
                              Let's go Union !
                              ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                              ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                              NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Originally posted by BigGreenFan View Post
                                Looking forward to the game tonight. Thought the Big Green played their best game of the year last night at RPI. We always seem to play well this time of year while on break. Hopefully no let up tonight. Looks like the Dutchman are playing great against really good teams the last few weeks as well. Any suggestions for a pre-game beverage near the rink?
                                Katie O'Byrnes Restaurant
                                Union Hockey Spot -

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ka...40081d750f70f4
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X