• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2015-2016

Shayne Gostisbehere got his 1st pro goal tonight:

http://bit.ly/1O8KZac

Comment

Former ‪Union‬ defenseman Shawn Stuart reflects on his recently-ended pro hockey career:

http://bit.ly/1keJdrb

Comment

The young season has brought a position change for ‪‎Union‬ sophomore Spencer Foo:

http://bit.ly/1Ob2DKC

Comment

Less than 12 hours to go to get your picks in. 7PM tonight is the deadline.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.ph...test-2015-2016
          Fan of CLARKSON: 2014, 2017 & 2018 NC$$ WOMEN'S DIV 1 HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********
          And of 3 Patty Kaz recepients: Jamie Lee Rattray, Loren Gabel and Elizabeth Giguere
          WHOOOOOOOOO WHOOOOOOOOO
          If Union Can Do It So Can CCT (One of These Years) *******https://fanforum.uscho.com/core/images/smilies/smile.gi*********

Comment

Ready for another UNION vs RPI hockey weekend?
            https://youtu.be/LJkHm2WtSsk
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
              Ready for another UNION vs RPI hockey weekend?
              https://youtu.be/LJkHm2WtSsk
              I'm ready...but I still think it's too early in the season for this. I know the Mayor's Cup seems to be taking precedence these days, but the intensity of these two games would be magnified 100 times if it was in mid or late-January.
              Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Tonight's lines.... no reason yet for Vecchione's absence.

Comment

I thought Vecchione was hurt (hip pointer) since the second Maine game ....
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Rick Bennett postgame reaction:

http://yourlisten.com/GarnetHockeyRe...ostgame-103015

Of note, he said Vecchione is on the physically unable to perform list. That's about it on that.
                    Last edited by rdf8585; 10-31-2015, 01:27 AM.

Comment

Blocked Shots
                      SHU We blocked 10 - They blocked 23
                      BU We blocked 14 - They blocked 8 WIN
                      Maine (1) We blocked 3 and they blocked 13
                      Maine (2) We blocked 22 and they blocked 8 WIN
                      Michigan We blocked 14 and they blocked 14
                      UNH We blocked 6 and they blocked 17 LOST
                      RPI We blocked 6 and they blocked 29 LOST

I know that correlation does not mean causation but where we have blocked more shots we have won and where our opponent has blocked more shots they have won. I would suggest we try and block some shots tonight. Only blocking 6 shots is pretty pitiful.
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

The best team won last night. They killed us in the first period when nobody on our team was playing : no offense, no D and no goalie. They had speed and good passing.
                        Second period wasn't much better, I just feel bad for Kupsky. The SH is beautiful. Third period, last 5 minutes were the best 5 minutes of the game for us (with or without the goal). Lichtenwald was useless last night, glad he won't be playing tonight. 2 of his terrible passes lead to 2 goals. He is just big, that's it. For me, we have better players, including freshmen, that can easily take his place, and at least put out a decent effort.
                        We need to learn to pass. That's what it comes down to. We also need to learn to shoot when there is nobody there to block your shot. Blocked shots mean poor shots to begin with. And just as predicted by Rick in the pre-game interview : you can score on Kasdorf when he is screened.
                        One more thought, why do we have 2 Ds at the BLUE LINE on a 5 on 3 ? I fail to understand why they are not much closer to the net. When you shoot from that far out, there is a lot of time for the goalie to see the puck. The defense is all bunched up around the net, so our guys could be 10 feet closer to the net and still have a lot of passing/shooting space. Provided they could actually pass the puck.
                        A lot of what I saw really surprised me. 11 shots on goal in 2 periods ?? Most of our team seemed to understand what to do during our first few games, and yesterday they just forgot all of it...
                        Hope they get their act together tonight, it can be tough to play in the RPI warehouse.

PS : don't bother posting on the Union vs RPI thread, most of the RPI fans are just immature idiots who have no interest in talking about hockey with anyone who doesn't share their perspective.
                        Let's go Union !
                        ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                        ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                        NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Originally posted by UFan View Post
                          We need to learn to pass.
                          We seemed to be doing well in that category before yesterday ... just thinking about BU. The lines seemed to be scrambled before the RPI game. I was wondering if the lines were not used to playing with each other, added to the terrible passing. Credit to RPI, they were not giving us much time and space. I feel bad for Kupsky. To stop shot blocking, fake the shot, get the defender to commit and them move to an open lane.

We made a total of 68 shot attempts
                          RPI made a total of 49 shot attempts

We had 29 of our shots blocked by RPI
                          RPI had 6 of their shots blocked by us

We shot wide of the net 16 times.
                          RPI shot wide of the net 11 times.
                          Last edited by Dutchman; 10-31-2015, 01:30 PM.
                          DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                          DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Originally posted by UFan View Post
                            PS : don't bother posting on the Union vs RPI thread, most of the RPI fans are just immature idiots who have no interest in talking about hockey with anyone who doesn't share their perspective.
                            Thanks for the laugh. I start these weekly threads precisely to have interraction with fans of the teams which RPI plays. I thought that last week's Michigan thread was one of the best in recent years in that regard. Also believe me, the RPI contingent on USCHO argues more among itself than with fans of other teams including Union.
                            sigpic

Let's Go 'Tute!

Maxed out at 2,147,483,647 at 10:00 AM EDT 9/17/07.

2012 Poser Of The Year

Comment

The lineup for today

Theo Di Pauli von Treuheim/Brendan Taylor/Tyler Hynes
                              Matt Wilkins/Spencer Foo/Cole Maier
                              Roman Ammirato/Ryan Scarfo/Michael Pontarelli
                              Sebastian Vidmar/Eli Lichtenwald/Mark Dufor

First game for Senior Di Pauli. (Did he get a Rhodes Scholarship of something?) One of the smallest and toughest and definately the smartest kid on the team (4.0 premed?).
                              Lots of confidence in Freshmen Brendan Taylor, to center the first line.
                              That last line is 6'3", 6'6" and 6'3" and Dufor looks very good.

We will be ready to rumble
                              Last edited by Dutchman; 10-31-2015, 05:46 PM.
                              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Don't think we will be seeing Union Ranked (USCHO Top 20) again anytime soon. A tough trip to the north country coming up.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X