Union College: 2015-2016

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Union College: 2015-2016

Does anyone know if there's a way to watch a video replay of the game if you can't watch it live online? Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by GameOn View Post
      Does anyone know if there's a way to watch a video replay of the game if you can't watch it live online? Thanks in advance.
      Yes, if you subscribe to the http://www.unionathletics.tv/ and become an All-Access subscriber

The UnionAthletics.TV All-Access Pass, available for $79.95, gives fans the opportunity to watch not only all the live coverage of various Union home athletic events, but also an in-depth archive section of all video produced for the site. All-Access subcribers can view every event that airs live on UnionAthletics.TV as well as all the recordings of the events. Single-event subscriptions for all live events will be available throughout the season for $7.95.

See the action again in the archives
      Did you miss a game, or do you want to see an event again? Only All-Access subscribers can view the UnionAthletics.TV video archives. Below will be the latest archived events:
      • Athletics: Bruce Allison Memorial Dedication (10/9/15): WATCH ARCHIVE
      • Football vs. St. Lawrence (9/26/15): WATCH ARCHIVE

It usually takes a few days to get a hockey event into the archive. This year's video is much improved over last year. They now have instant replay and multiple camera shots. Not at the level of RPI-TV but still improved over what it was and without raising the price.
      Last edited by Dutchman; 10-10-2015, 01:04 PM.
      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

I don't know about all of you, but Saturday night felt like a playoff atmosphere. SRO, both goalies playing well, good back & forth action...felt more like March than October.

Go U!!
        Union Hockey

2014 National Champions!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Dutchman View Post
          Here is Tripadvisor for "Best Restaurants in Schenectady, NY"

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Restauran...Y_OVERVIEW_BOX

Other Dutchmen fans will be more knowledgable but (#31) is Katie OByrnes which is a favorite as the owner is a big fan. Good for sandwichs. The Stockade Inn (#30) and the Van Dyck Lounge (#34) are more formal sit down, table cloth, china servings types of places.

Coming from Boston I try and leave early, find a parking spot and then walk to an eatery. Tends to be a bottleneck/queue at the front entrace around the time the puck is dropped but if you have your ticket in hand, you can enter in one of the side doors.
          thanks for this. i opened the linky and found memphis king. awesome.
          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

From Ken Schott:
            "This was one of the best games I’ve seen at Messa in my 25 years covering the Dutchmen. It was fast-paced, there were plenty of scoring chances, the goalies were spectacular — Union’s Alex Sakellaropoulos made 31 saves and BU’s Sean Maguire stopped 30." ... "In particular, the second period was just played at a break-neck pace. It was just incredible."

I am glad we faced them early in the season .... there is a ton of young talent on BU. I would not be surprised if they end up leading the nation in scoring this year.

Next Stop - Maine ... they tied North Dakota
            DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
            DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Some random thoughts:
              - Sacred Heart blocked 23 of our shots and 22 of our shot attempts went wide.
              - I know it's way too early to make determinations, but thus far HE is 9-2-3 non-conference and rolling over everyone. Two years ago we (ECAC) were .500 against them.
              - Lichtenwald and Pontarelli scored. If they return to the form they had as Freshmen, it will be huge for us and a possibility of again developing four lines that can score.
              - The intensity of the play and of the leadership of Vech, Wilkins, Scarfo, Taylor .... bodes very well.
              - Maine (2) will be very tough.

"When Red first told me I was playing, I got a little nervous," Maine freshman goalie Rob McGovern said. "But once the game started, I felt confident and ready to go. Once I go to warmups, I was really focused and didn't notice the crowd very much." Rob McGovern came into the night as an unknown and left as a Maine hero. He had 44 saves on 45 shots in front of a jam-packed Maine partisan crowd against one of the best teams in the country. Not a bad debut.
              Last edited by Dutchman; 10-11-2015, 06:46 PM.
              DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
              DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Some thoughts about the week end :

- Friday: a close game, a few miscommunication errors, good skating from everyone on the team, good goaltending. Some errors, but it's the first game of the year.

- Saturday : first 10-15 minutes were just the continuation of the friday game. Then, something happened and the rest of the game was crazy good and fun to watch, and we walk away with a W and a 2 goal difference against BU A few players still looked a bit young in their play but never so young as to look bad. Quite pleased with the overall skating abilities of the teams, decent passing (not exceptional compared to BU's), decent speed. I wish more players would take shots, we seemed to not be sure of what to do sometimes, although this got better as the game went by. Pontarelli and Lichtenwald scored, good for them. I hope it's the beginning of good things for them. BU was outworking us in the corners a lot, their technique was pretty good. Hope we learned something there.

Overall, quite pleased and pleasantly surprised. The freshmen seem to have blended in well. A few more week ends should tell us more.

GO U!!
                Let's go Union !
                ECAC Regular season champion : 2010-11, 2011-12, 2013-14, 2016-17
                ECAC Tournament champion : 2012, 2013, 2014
                NCAA champion : 2014

Comment

Great interview with Bennett !!!!
                  ESPN Radio 104.5
                  WTMM 104.5 The Team - ESPN Radio
                  Union Hockey Coach Hits Milestone in Big Win
                  http://1045theteam.com/union-hockey-...ne-in-big-win/
                  https://youtu.be/uGceBJU2KA4

Talks about BU win, the Capital District, congrats RPI, Bodie & Ghost, Maine, ECAC, his 100th win, more
                  DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                  DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Great win against BU!!!!

I have secured tickets to the one game I believe I'll be able to attend this year, Nov. 28 at Merrimack
                    National Champions 2014!
                    Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
                    Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
                    Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Nice write-up
                      College Magazine picks Union College as
                      Top 10 Hockey Schools to Fulfill Your Puck Obsession !!!
                      http://www.collegemagazine.com/top-1...uck-obsession/
                      DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                      DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Misc:
                        All six freshmen forwards have seen plenty of playing time
                        Alex is .923 1.9231 after two
                        We are 28th oldest, tied with Yale
                        DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                        DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

A reader asks: Which teams haven't visited Messa Rink during Union's D1 era?

http://bit.ly/1hHeUrF

Comment

Postgame audio from Friday's 1-1 tie vs Maine....

Bennett: http://yourlisten.com/GarnetHockeyRe...ostgame-101615

B.Taylor / Hynes / Lichtnewald: http://yourlisten.com/GarnetHockeyRe...ostgame-101615

Comment

A round-up of Union's 1-1 tie vs Maine on Friday:

http://bit.ly/1VYn4hZ

Comment

The Good - Alex is now 1.58 .941
                                The Bad - We only got 5 PP shots
                                The Ugly - We only blocked 3 shots ..... 3 shots. That might be a school record.

All the non-conference matchups we have remaining are against teams that could end up ranked in the top 20.
                                Last edited by Dutchman; 10-17-2015, 09:53 AM.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X