Why teams can’t win the NCAA championship

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why teams can’t win the NCAA championship

Some of you may have missed in the Harvard thread that their fans claim Harvard would win the national championship, but their admission requirements limit the Crimson from having the best players.

It’s hard to argue with that logic, so it got me thinking, why can’t other teams win?

Wisconsin – If Minnesota didn’t have a hockey team, we’d be champions.
    Boston University – If the only team we had to play was Boston College, we’d be champions.
    Boston College – If we didn’t have to play Boston University or Harvard …. or Minnesota, or Wisconsin, …. Or any other top teams, we’d be champions.
    UND – If they’d let us fly to a quarter final game, we’d be champions.
    UMD – if they’d let us take a DeLorean to the NCAA tournament, so we could go back in time 15 years, we’d be champions.
    Bemidji – If the only team we had to play was Minnesota, we’d be champions.

Re: Why teams can’t win the NCAA championship

Originally posted by pokechecker View Post
    Some of you may have missed in the Harvard thread that their fans claim Harvard would win the national championship, but their admission requirements limit the Crimson from having the best players.

It’s hard to argue with that logic, so it got me thinking, why can’t other teams win?

Boston University – If the only team we had to play was Boston College, we’d be champions.
    Boston College – If we didn’t have to play Boston University or Harvard …. or Minnesota, or Wisconsin, …. Or any other top teams, we’d be champions.
    UMD – if they’d let us take a DeLorean to the NCAA tournament, so we could go back in time 15 years, we’d be champions.
    LOL.......I can't judge UW's admission standards vs Harvard's, but UW's are also high (UW loses players from all sports to this issue), and the FB coach left because the guys he wanted could not get into school. What about cost of going to Harvard vs UW/UM?

Bottom line is Harvard people should be happy they got to the final. They just could not complete the deal.
    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Wow it must be so hard for them. Oh wait they still recruit a lot of great players that I would be excited about if they choose RIT.
      Last edited by ritBLKnORGsuit; 03-30-2015, 08:54 AM.

Comment

Some of you may have missed in the Harvard thread that their fans claim Harvard would win the national championship, but their admission requirements limit the Crimson from having the best players...
        Very funny post.

Maybe if Harvard recruited more Minnesotans. Just sayin.'

Comment

Originally posted by AggiesHockey View Post
          Very funny post.

Maybe if Harvard recruited more Minnesotans. Just sayin.'
          Minnesotans going to Massachusetts? Are you serious? Did you see the weather this winter? I'd rather stay in Minnesota!
          Steve
          Penn State Class of '95
          Plattsburgh State Class of '99

If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?

Comment

As an Ohio State fan, this is easy an easy question for me. Our athletic department treats hockey as an afterthought, and has been doing so for a long time. Potential solution ... hire a championship coach, and build a new arena instead of having our women's program playing in an outdated venue that was built in 1961 and is unequivocally the worst facility in the WCHA (Minnesota State's women will now play in the Verizon Wireless Center instead of All Seasons Arena, so that debate is over). I realize Ohio State excels in other sports, so I am sure I will come across as spoiled to some, but to us Ohio State Hockey fans (men's and women's), we are very frustrated with the athletic department's support (or obvious lack thereof) of our hockey programs. The problem with part one of my solution is the fact that the athletic department ****s on our hockey programs, so we can't get a legitimate championship coach to come here.

Comment

Pokechecker, you visit my threads from time to time. What's your take on Ohio State not being able to win it all? Does it differ from my assessment?

Comment

Originally posted by ritBLKnORGsuit View Post
                Wow it must be so hard for them. Oh wait they still recruit a lot of great players that I would be excited about if they choose RIT.
                RIT - If we were still Division 3, we'd be champions

Comment

Originally posted by osualum86 View Post
                  Pokechecker, you visit my threads from time to time. What's your take on Ohio State not being able to win it all? Does it differ from my assessment?
                  OSU - If our coach wasn't a lounge lizard, we'd be champions

Comment

Other teams have won...two that you list have won multiple times.

The only team that you seem to have forgotten to include in your list is UM for all the years in which it didn't win, like as recently as last year.

Comment

I think one of the reasons Minnesota can't win is Clarkson.

Comment

RIT - If we were still Division 3, we'd be champions
                        ....as long as Plattsburgh, Elmira, Middlebury, and Norwich fold their programs.

Comment

Clarkson - we would have won it this year if our seniors hadn't graduated last year

Comment

MSU Mankato - we would have been national champs if we had scored more goals than everybody we played

Comment

MSU Mankato - we would have been national champs if we had scored more goals than everybody we played
                              This applies to every team now. The key to winning an NCAA D1 championship is...Don't lose your last game...😃
                              ...and whadaya know, it's another freshman...

Comment

Working...
                              X