Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
    But 0 national championships.
    This ****ed comment is why I'm cheering for UND at the F4.

UND has as many F4 trips as UW does NCAA appearance under Eaves.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by Almington View Post

If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

I'm cheering for UND at the F4.
        abandon thread animated GIF
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

The sue and the rodents will never see me pulling for them. To quote General Lee "I'd rather die 1000 deaths"
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            The sue and the rodents will never see me pulling for them. To quote General Lee "I'd rather die 1000 deaths"
            I'd rather be a UND fan than suffer through another season with Mike Eaves as head coach.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              "You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Wisko McBadgerton again."

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Comment

I'd rather be a UND fan than suffer through another season with Mike Eaves as head coach.
                Wow, You better go snort some paint thinner, and think about that one again.
                XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                  +1000.

I will admit, I'd rather see WI win a title before UND. Feel free to quote that whenever you want.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Look at the track records of Hakstol vs. Eaves. With 7 FF appearances in 11 years it's a matter of time before UND wins one under Hakstol and he's gotten the team in position to win multiple titles. Eaves has gone to the FF twice and has never gone more than 3 consecutive years to the tourney. His record is abyssmal for a Wisconsin hockey coach in terms of winning percentage and in terms of consistently getting to the NCAA's. 1 title? That's old news, almost a decade ago already.

As for this year's FF, I was cheering for MTU but now that it's down to Providence, BU, UNO and UND, I'll pull for the member of the triumvirate of hate!
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Generally I pull for west teams so I will pull for NO first and then UND. I have always had a little bit of admiration for Hakstol and UND. They play a style I like and under Hakstol they are winners. But I joined the Wisco fan club in the early 90's so I missed alot of the hate between the two teams.

As far as the goofs, I never, ever pull for them, ever.
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

My wife grew up in International Falls and became a UND fan because of Blais' connection to the Falls. She is also a Badger fan, since she is married to me, but cheers for UND whenever the two play (we have been on the screen for Boo!-YEAH! segment many times for those games in Madison.)

So, long story short, she'll be cheering for UND (and UNO,) but I'll be pulling for UNO since it is their first trip (and disliking UND is just in my blood.)
                        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                          Look at the track records of Hakstol vs. Eaves. With 7 FF appearances in 11 years it's a matter of time before UND wins one under Hakstol and he's gotten the team in position to win multiple titles. Eaves has gone to the FF twice and has never gone more than 3 consecutive years to the tourney. His record is abyssmal for a Wisconsin hockey coach in terms of winning percentage and in terms of consistently getting to the NCAA's. 1 title? That's old news, almost a decade ago already.

As for this year's FF, I was cheering for MTU but now that it's down to Providence, BU, UNO and UND, I'll pull for the member of the triumvirate of hate!
                          I don't want to diminish the 2 frozen four teams...but...they were as much an overwhelming collection of talent as anything coaching had to do with it. The title team is beyond ridiculous with how many guys moved on to play pro hockey and do it a real high level in the NHL (Pavelski /Elliott are star level players plus 9 others that played in the NHL) and the 2010 team is probably right on it's heels (Stepan/McDonagh/Schultz/Smith/Smith plus several others). Kudos to Eaves (or Oz) for recruiting that talent in, but even then....the '06 title team was a goalpost away multiple times from being knocked out in the regional final and goalpost away from being tied in the championship game....both essentially home games.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                            I don't want to diminish the 2 frozen four teams...but...they were as much an overwhelming collection of talent as anything coaching had to do with it. The title team is beyond ridiculous with how many guys moved on to play pro hockey and do it a real high level in the NHL (Pavelski /Elliott are star level players plus 9 others that played in the NHL) and the 2010 team is probably right on it's heels (Stepan/McDonagh/Schultz/Smith/Smith plus several others). Kudos to Eaves (or Oz) for recruiting that talent in, but even then....the '06 title team was a goalpost away multiple times from being knocked out in the regional final and goalpost away from being tied in the championship game....both essentially home games.
                            Meanwhile, I only recall the 09-10 team playing 3 NCAA tourney games, because I've blocked one from memory.

As great as the 05-06 and 09-10 teams were, I'd take UND's track record under Hakstol over our record under Eaves. In a heartbeat.

Comment

See Athletic Department, you can win with freshman. They don't have to be puppies crapping on the carpet. I bet UNO fans aren't idiots either.

"Omaha’s a big surprise story, too. The Mavericks were carrying 11 freshmen heading into this season and were picked to finish sixth in the NCHC, and I don’t think anyone saw coming back in October what Omaha has done thus far in this tournament."

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2015/03/31/tmq-...#ixzz3VzElO0VR

Just shows this year was a complete joke and the coaches should be fired.
                              Last edited by WiscTJK; 03-31-2015, 12:57 PM.
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                See Athletic Department, you can win with freshman. They don't have to be puppies crapping on the carpet. I bet UNO fans aren't idiots either.

"Omaha’s a big surprise story, too. The Mavericks were carrying 11 freshmen heading into this season and were picked to finish sixth in the NCHC, and I don’t think anyone saw coming back in October what Omaha has done thus far in this tournament."

Read more: http://www.uscho.com/2015/03/31/tmq-...#ixzz3VzElO0VR

Just shows this year was a complete joke and the coaches should be fired.
                                According to my quick look at the results for the US National Development team, you can even win more games games against D-1 teams than we did with "pre-freshmen"!

Comment

Working...
                                X