Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by Innova View Post
    So this Friday will be my first BGHC (and first event a LaBahn). Is lot 91 the best place to park? Anyone else sign up their kids for the "youth tunnel"?
    I park at the francis / lake street city ramp and walk over the 3 blocks to the Kohl or Labahn. Nice if you are getting something to eat on or near state street.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

I did email the WSJ about who will be covering UW men's and women's hockey for them since Baggot is gone. They have not replied yet.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        I did email the WSJ about who will be covering UW men's and women's hockey for them since Baggot is gone. They have not replied yet.
        If I had to guess, the lack of an answer is probably the answer to that question. My bet would be that they don't have anyone or will be doing nothing more than an AP type synopsis for the events before or after they happen.
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          I was told there hasn't even been an internal announcement that the layoffs have happened yet.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Well, the TV side has been in decline for quite some time
            I get where your coming from and I get my experience doesn't really impact the local market because I'm 1600 miles away, but I believe I watched about 26 or 27 games this year from Florida. It's hard for me personally to complain too much about that.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Yeah, I suppose I'm going to have to adjust to the idea of watching a stream on my computer instead.
              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                Yeah, I suppose I'm going to have to adjust to the idea of watching a stream on my computer instead.
                I think I watched every game last season whether via web stream or TV. Maybe I've conceded, but I don't mind plugging the my computer into the TV and streaming a game if I have to. BTN2Go.com has actually made it easier to watch every game than ever before. The BTN2Go streams are HD quality.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  If I had to guess, the lack of an answer is probably the answer to that question. My bet would be that they don't have anyone or will be doing nothing more than an AP type synopsis for the events before or after they happen.
                  I wasn't really expecting an answer, I just wanted them to know that there is interest in the newspaper coverage. I'd encourage others to dot he same.

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                  I think I watched every game last season whether via web stream or TV. Maybe I've conceded, but I don't mind plugging the my computer into the TV and streaming a game if I have to. BTN2Go.com has actually made it easier to watch every game than ever before. The BTN2Go streams are HD quality.
                  I have tried that with a few women's games and it just doesn't work very well. I don't know if it's the feed from the host, Charter, my laptop, the cord or the TV are the culprit but the video on the tv screen is choppy. I usually get frustrated and end up just watching on the desktop. Is there a fee for BTN2Go?

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                    Is there a fee for BTN2Go?
                    Yes, and be careful. I signed up for the monthly pass to catch a few games, something like $10. It is a continuous subscription that keeps going. And it doesn't show up on your cc statement as "btn" or "btn2go" or anything remotely descriptive.
                    Once I connected the dots to figure out I was still paying a few months after the season ended I went to the website to try to cancel, looked in my account settings but didn't see a cancel option. There is an email link hidden at the bottom of the page. You have to email them and ask to cancel. It ended up being processed right away, but that is a sketchy way of doing business. And there isn't a phone support line either, it is either a chat window on the website or an email to a help account.
                    That whole situation just rubs me the wrong way from a customer service standpoint. I won't be purchasing any services through therm unless they clean up that process.

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
                      Yes, and be careful. ...
                      It is free if your provider already gets BTN.

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
                        It is free if your provider already gets BTN.
                        So then I get it free then as I have Charter and they have the BTN in their base package.

I broke down and subscribed to Twitter. I figured with Baggot out and not being able to count of any newspapers at all, and Bucky's 5th Q lacking a hockey reporter now, I am putting my trust in Chuck's limited involvement for the tidbits of gold. Thanks Chuck, we all do really appreciate whatever you contribute.

Comment

Who gets drafted this weekend? Hughes and Opilka are locks. Malone and Kunin maybe?
                          WISCONSIN BADGERS
                          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

• Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                            Who gets drafted this weekend? Hughes and Opilka are locks. Malone and Kunin maybe?
                            Kunin is too young. Parsells is a lock. Probably Opilka. Hughes deserves to be picked. Freytag may be a late selection. Stillwell is a sleeper. Anyone else would be a surprise. Malone should be picked but he's already been passed over in one draft.

Comment

Given the recruiting **** show I wonder...could MSOE beat UW consistently at this point? I'd wager in a 7 game series it would be 4-3
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                Given the recruiting **** show I wonder...could MSOE beat UW consistently at this point? I'd wager in a 7 game series it would be 4-3
                                Haha! MCR Jr, (an MSOE grad who I brag about frequently , ) jokingly asked me that same thing when I was visiting him a couple weeks ago!! I actually thought about it for a few seconds. Jeez.

Great minds think alike.
                                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Working...
                                X