Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
    Good for the Hawks to win their third cup in six years. Now they can bow down to major cap hell. Please?

Not likely. We'll be back sooner than many think.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      Not likely. We'll be back sooner than many think.
      Idk, Kane and Toews taking up $20m or 2/7 of the team's total cap may hinder the Blackhawks a lot in the future. They're so lucky to have Keith for such a steal of a contract.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
        Idk, Kane and Toews taking up $20m or 2/7 of the team's total cap may hinder the Blackhawks a lot in the future. They're so lucky to have Keith for such a steal of a contract.
        This Cap hell will be more like after 2013 then 2010 for a couple reasons. they don't have to shed THAT much cap and their prospect pool is much deeper with many NHL ready options to plug holes. 2013, they moved a couple pieces in Bolland & Frolik in trade and let Stalberg & Emery leave as free agents. This year I expect 2 out of the trio of Sharp/Bickell/Versteeg to be traded and UFA's Oduya, Vermette, & Rozival to go elsewhere. The Hawks signed one of the top young scorers in the KHL as a free agent Panarin who some dub the Russian Kane. Not sure I buy that or that he can replace Sharp as a top 6 LW, but he may be an option there and should at the least provide some depth scoring as a bottom 6 guy. Mike Reilly from the Rodents is pulling a Justin Schultz and using 4 years out of high school to be a UFA and many think he will sign with the Hawks. Teravainen is ready to emerge as a player. Saad is a blossoming star (and already replaced Sharp as the top line LW when Sharp went down). Hawks have multiple forward prospects who've already gotten a taste or are knocking on the door (Nordstrom, Hartman, Danault, Ross, McNeil) and lots of dmen that are ready or close(TVR earned a spot out of camp and fought all the way back from multiple injuries to finish in the lineup for the Cup, Johns, Paliotta, & Pokka.

Move Sharp and Bickell for futures. Resign Saad & Kruger for something around 6-7 million per (depending on term...they could end up even lower if they get Saad on a 1 or 2 year bridge deal). Resign Richards for a similar 2 million (Rangers are still paying big money in a buyout and winning is addictive for guys that don't necessarily need the money). Plug Panarin and one kid forward into the lineup. Plug 2 of TVR, Johns, or Reilly into trio of Keith/Hjalmarson/Seabrook and you still have 2-3 million to plug a solid d man into the roster.

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
          This Cap hell will be more like after 2013 then 2010 for a couple reasons. they don't have to shed THAT much cap and their prospect pool is much deeper with many NHL ready options to plug holes. 2013, they moved a couple pieces in Bolland & Frolik in trade and let Stalberg & Emery leave as free agents. This year I expect 2 out of the trio of Sharp/Bickell/Versteeg to be traded and UFA's Oduya, Vermette, & Rozival to go elsewhere. The Hawks signed one of the top young scorers in the KHL as a free agent Panarin who some dub the Russian Kane. Not sure I buy that or that he can replace Sharp as a top 6 LW, but he may be an option there and should at the least provide some depth scoring as a bottom 6 guy. Mike Reilly from the Rodents is pulling a Justin Schultz and using 4 years out of high school to be a UFA and many think he will sign with the Hawks. Teravainen is ready to emerge as a player. Saad is a blossoming star (and already replaced Sharp as the top line LW when Sharp went down). Hawks have multiple forward prospects who've already gotten a taste or are knocking on the door (Nordstrom, Hartman, Danault, Ross, McNeil) and lots of dmen that are ready or close(TVR earned a spot out of camp and fought all the way back from multiple injuries to finish in the lineup for the Cup, Johns, Paliotta, & Pokka.

Move Sharp and Bickell for futures. Resign Saad & Kruger for something around 6-7 million per (depending on term...they could end up even lower if they get Saad on a 1 or 2 year bridge deal). Resign Richards for a similar 2 million (Rangers are still paying big money in a buyout and winning is addictive for guys that don't necessarily need the money). Plug Panarin and one kid forward into the lineup. Plug 2 of TVR, Johns, or Reilly into trio of Keith/Hjalmarson/Seabrook and you still have 2-3 million to plug a solid d man into the roster.

Well laid out.

I wasn't gonna get into it in a Badger thread, but the Hawks aren't going anywhere anytime soon.

Hope you don't mind, but I copied this to the NHL thread in the Cafe.
          Last edited by Gurtholfin; 06-18-2015, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Yeah, I don't like any Chicago teams, including the Blackhawks. I don't care they are the closest NHL team to us. They are from Illinois and for that reason I despise them....
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Wisconsin State Journal axes veteran journalists - Including Andy Baggot

http://www.isthmus.com/news/news/wis...n-journalists/
              Wisconsin Badgers

National Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90 & 2006

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky! View Post
                Wow, that's tough. Seems like newspapers and other traditional media just can't figure out how to make money nowadays. And it always seems like the more experienced - and more expensive - writers are the ones to get the axe. Too bad, Baggot was with WSJ forever.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                  Yeah, I don't like any Chicago teams, including the Blackhawks. I don't care they are the closest NHL team to us. They are from Illinois and for that reason I despise them....
                  I'm with you. And, there's a hockey-specific reason to hate the Blackhawks: if it wasn't for them (old man Wirtz more specifically), I'm nearly certain we'd have an NHL team in Wisconsin.

Comment

Originally posted by Buck 'em View Post
                    I'm with you. And, there's a hockey-specific reason to hate the Blackhawks: if it wasn't for them (old man Wirtz more specifically), I'm nearly certain we'd have an NHL team in Wisconsin.
                    You can blame Anaheim, as Disney had no problem paying the expansion fee that the Pettits didn't want to pay. Of course, that didn't stop me from wanting Anaheim to beat Chicago in the Western Conference final. (That didn't come from distaste towards the Blackhawks, though. I just looked at the potential outcomes and preferred the other one.)

Comment

http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-ho...061715aaa.html
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky! View Post

http://www.isthmus.com/news/news/wis...n-journalists/
                        Those good writers are gone, but they keep inexperienced pieces of ****, who call themselves journalists, that don't do any research. Well done, State Urinal.
                        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                          Those good writers are gone, but they keep inexperienced pieces of ****, who call themselves journalists, that don't do any research. Well done, State Urinal.
                          As much as Baggot is an arrogant ***, he did a good job covering Badger hockey. Wasn't that long ago that we had 2 hockey writers in town when the Cap Times had great coverage too. Todd Milewski was outstanding.

I am afraid you are right MCR, experience is replaced w/ a cheap salary. Eaves is even bringing down the hockey writers.
                          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                          Originally posted by UWisco
                          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Losing Andy Baggot and Chuck Schwartz in the space of a couple months is pretty tough on Badger Hockey fans. We're down to sifting through some guy named Andy Johnson's twitter feed for a few scraps of info here and there.

Losing Baggot is also disappointing to me as I was really looking forward to the next presser. It seems to me that the strain on Eaves' and Baggot's somewhat rocky relationship was approaching an all time high. Eaves often has little patience with Baggot's sometimes awkwardly phrased questions, and I was wondering if Eaves would even acknowledge Baggot was in the room the next time. So we'll miss seeing that play out.

Hopefully Bucky's 5th Quarter can find an interested and hard working person to do some writing before long. Won't be Chuck quality I'm sure, but I'd guess Chuck could still be an "unnamed source" like in 'All the Presidents Men'... "Deep Schwartz".
                            Originally posted by WiscTJK
                            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                            Originally posted by Timothy A
                            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                              As much as Baggot is an arrogant ***, he did a good job covering Badger hockey. Wasn't that long ago that we had 2 hockey writers in town when the Cap Times had great coverage too. Todd Milewski was outstanding.

I am afraid you are right MCR, experience is replaced w/ a cheap salary. Eaves is even bringing down the hockey writers.
                              Chuck needs to get Andy hired @ Bucky's 5th Q. He could do both men's and women's hockey. Chuck was superior to Andy (and so is Nicole), but Nicole is very limited in frequency and Chuck has retired. I'll take Andy. Sounds like I'm going to have to give in and get into this twitter thing.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                                Chuck needs to get Andy hired @ Bucky's 5th Q. He could do both men's and women's hockey. Chuck was superior to Andy (and so is Nicole), but Nicole is very limited in frequency and Chuck has retired. I'll take Andy. Sounds like I'm going to have to give in and get into this twitter thing.
                                I'm not quite sure what you're saying here but I think it's a compliment so I'm going to take it.

Comment

Working...
                                X