Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
    When you hire the person to be the associate head coach.
    What's the difference between the two?

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
      What's the difference between the two?
      Money, title, prestige

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        Money, title, prestige
        ... presumptions regarding what would happen if/when the head coach gets canned...
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
          ... presumptions regarding what would happen if/when the head coach gets canned...
          I love Luke, but if Wisconsin is bad enough where Eaves gets canned I doubt he's the first choice to take over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            Bittner has D1 experience and Strand has coached at almost every level except D1, including professionals. I'm not concerned at all. Both have major USHL experience, know the recruiting landscape and are considered solid coaches.
            I'm just thrilled that both were actually coaching hockey last season at a level higher than a local youth team.

The simple joys of exceedingly low expectations.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
              I'm just thrilled that both were actually coaching hockey last season at a level higher than a local youth team.

Both these coached have NHL coaching experience.

Comment

Originally posted by DoorCtyBadger View Post
                Both these coached have NHL coaching experience.

Bittner has coached at Ohio St., South Carolina Stingrays, and Tri City. Strand has coached at St Norbert, GB Gamblers, UWEC, Houston Aeros, Sioux City Musketeers, Abbotsford Heat, and the Caps. As far as I can tell, none of those teams are in the NHL.
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Any comments on Hamre taking over as director of Hockey Operations? http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2015...e-eaves-hockey

He has been my kid's pre-calc teacher this year and I've chatted with him a bit both at school and hockey rinks. Really nice guy and very knowledgeable about hockey. He wrote several articles for "Lets' Play Hockey" this past season. He coached the son of a friend in high school and my friend thinks very highly of him as a person and as a coach. I feel sorry for him having to work with Eaves, but I'm glad he's gotten a job in hockey.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                    Any comments on Hamre taking over as director of Hockey Operations? http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2015...e-eaves-hockey

He has been my kid's pre-calc teacher this year and I've chatted with him a bit both at school and hockey rinks. Really nice guy and very knowledgeable about hockey. He wrote several articles for "Lets' Play Hockey" this past season. He coached the son of a friend in high school and my friend thinks very highly of him as a person and as a coach. I feel sorry for him having to work with Eaves, but I'm glad he's gotten a job in hockey.

Why would any of us read that pro-Minnesota propaganda rag disguised as a hockey publication?

Comment

To be honest, some of this has worked out better than I expected, but as Almington said, low expectations and all that...

Comment

The hires seem good. Will Eaves let them have the reins a bit is my question? I would imagine Eaves won't change the 5 on 5 system, but I'm hoping these guys will get to roll with the power play and penalty kill, because that was embarrassingly awful last year.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post

Well, Strand is way above that, Bittner not so much. I like the Strand move a lot, he's was a GM, so he should know how to look at talent. He's also coached young guys, so he should be in tune with them (whereas MM seems out of tune at times). Bittner is ho-hum, let's wait and see. At least I feel there is actually a good reason to he hopeful for next year. I just wonder how much control Eaves will give up to his Associate Head Coach partner.
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                            Well, Strand is way above that, Bittner not so much. I like the Strand move a lot, he's was a GM, so he should know how to look at talent. He's also coached young guys, so he should be in tune with them (whereas MM seems out of tune at times). Bittner is ho-hum, let's wait and see. At least I feel there is actually a good reason to he hopeful for next year. I just wonder how much control Eaves will give up to his Associate Head Coach partner.
                            With the the time that had elapsed, I was worried that Eaves was going to go outside the box.

All three of these hires seem to be quality hockey people who can hopefully compliment each other.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post

The thing that worries me about Hamre is that the published job description stated that "a bachelor's degree from an accredited school" was required.

Sure, he claims 3 degrees, including a PhD. But in reality, it turns out they are all from Minnesota.
                              Originally posted by WiscTJK
                              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                              Originally posted by Timothy A
                              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

...hmmm...

I'm curious about the new hires and this Johnson kid.
                                I hope they work out despite what that would mean for having to endure metaphor mike for the forseeable future.

I'm also quite worried about the perception of the program at this point.

EDIT: chuck, thanks for continuing to add your insight here, it's extremely valuable
                                Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X