PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Almington
07-03-2015, 04:31 PM
4-4 is a pipe dream. 6-2 is hallucinating. I'm sorry to be harsh but 4to 6 wins would be about the best they can do by x-mas break and that's if they get a ton of breaks and some 3-4 guys take major strides froward. I actually feel they'll be lucky to achieve anything beyond 6 wins all season

I know you and others don't like the pessimism but reality has to set in at some point. Outside of Besse who will score? Who will tend goal? And how is there defense any better?

Also, are they going to continue to run terrible power plays to supplement that creative offense they showcase?

If UW doesn't sweep ASU, Eaves should be fired before the post game press conference.

Timothy A
07-04-2015, 07:02 AM
Besse, Malone, Freytag, and Johnson should be able to score. Hughes has to break out at sometime too.

Soleway can score too. The o will be better due to improved coaching and so will the d. More talent came in than left. The mega question is in goal. Special teams will be better due to coaching too. If they can hold opponents Sog to 25 ish and the goalie had a 90 sp, Which is not special they can win double digit games. It all rides on strand and bitter ' s effectiveness.

alnike
07-04-2015, 11:40 PM
So have any other 18-year old North American 2015 fifth round draft picks signed an NHL contract like Opilka has this early before an NHL training camp? I understand first rounders signing early on, but this appears like it was part of the package in order to get him to commit to Kitchener.

ExileOnDaytonStreet
07-05-2015, 08:07 AM
I get that but it wasn't about the program. It was what I previously explained along with his agent who is from St. Louis as well.

And fyi, Trent Frederic has the same advisor...

Does St Louis do this regularly, though?

bucky15
07-05-2015, 09:04 AM
Does St Louis do this regularly, though?

Niagara owns his rights in the OHL. If it was Kitchener/London, then I would say the odds would be high for a repeat.

solovsfett
07-05-2015, 09:53 AM
If UW doesn't sweep ASU, Eaves should be fired before the post game press conference.

totally agree...however I just have a terrible feeling that ASU won't be a gimme for Wisconsin.

WiscTJK
07-05-2015, 11:00 PM
Soleway can score too. The o will be better due to improved coaching and so will the d. More talent came in than left. The mega question is in goal. Special teams will be better due to coaching too. If they can hold opponents Sog to 25 ish and the goalie had a 90 sp, Which is not special they can win double digit games. It all rides on strand and bitter ' s effectiveness.

No offense but those are big if's. The head coach hasn't changed, so improvement on special teams, team defense and offense are not certain at all. Plus they will most certainly be worse in goal. Until they prove otherwise, I am half empty on this team.

4four4
07-08-2015, 04:50 PM
From what I know from friends the BADgers should not hire Oz as a head coach or they will run into the exact same problems OSU had. Bad idea, bad idea, bad idea.

[The Guy Who Negative Rep me] nope. UW already has good facilities[The Guy who Negative Rep me]

Where did I talk about the facilities? smh

EDIT: From what I have been told the OSU facilities are on par with the rest of the Big Ten. So I wouldn't assume the Buckeyes are behind the rest of the conference.

Timothy A
07-08-2015, 04:57 PM
No offense but those are big if's. The head coach hasn't changed, so improvement on special teams, team defense and offense are not certain at all. Plus they will most certainly be worse in goal. Until they prove otherwise, I am half empty on this team.

No offense taken. I'm a half full kinda guy, half full of what is the BIG question.

solovsfett
07-08-2015, 05:48 PM
[The Guy Who Negative Rep me] nope. UW already has good facilities[The Guy who Negative Rep me]

Where did I talk about the facilities? smh

EDIT: From what I have been told the OSU facilities are on par with the rest of the Big Ten. So I wouldn't assume the Buckeyes are behind the rest of the conference.

can you elaborate re: OZ, on this board or?

Timothy A
07-10-2015, 08:23 AM
My email to JK.....

You and Barry just should have fired Eaves, the last 2 players he brought in are nothing more than D3 5th line practice bodies and now Oplika has bailed. Strand and Bittner are good hires, but Eaves is still the main problem. I doubt Strand and Bittner asked Eaves to bring the last 2 guys in and none of the 3 did enough to make Opilka feel the love he needed to stay at “Goalie U”. It’s still hard to understand how Eaves botched the Boeser recruitment. As badly as I want to be positive, this is a train wreck that is hard to comprehend for a guy who as followed UW hockey for 25 years. The WI St. Journal even fired their hockey beat writer, so who really cares about uw hockey anymore? That breed is dying out and all the marketing tricks in the book and hugs and kisses press releases can’t fix the recruiting debacles and add wins to the win column.

Sad day indeed,

------------------
JK's response....

Tim, Sorry I have been out of town but wanted to thank you for your comments. Based on your comments I am not sure this email will matter but I wanted to respond. There is no doubt that Luke deciding to go pro early was difficult to swallow but I guess you can't fault the young man for following his dreams. I know his teammates here at Wisconsin that he had been training with will miss him. I have been actively checking up on our young men and they are training very hard this summer and you can already see a difference in their bodies. Last season was disappointing and we expect better from our men's hockey program. I know Coach Eaves and his new staff are working very diligently to get things turned around.

ON WISCONSIN!
JK

Jason King
Associate Athletic Director
University of Wisconsin Athletics
Office-608-262-7974
Cell-608-354-7112
JWK@athletics.wisc.edu

WiscTJK
07-10-2015, 08:58 AM
My email to JK.....

You and Barry just should have fired Eaves, the last 2 players he brought in are nothing more than D3 5th line practice bodies and now Oplika has bailed. Strand and Bittner are good hires, but Eaves is still the main problem. I doubt Strand and Bittner asked Eaves to bring the last 2 guys in and none of the 3 did enough to make Opilka feel the love he needed to stay at “Goalie U”. It’s still hard to understand how Eaves botched the Boeser recruitment. As badly as I want to be positive, this is a train wreck that is hard to comprehend for a guy who as followed UW hockey for 25 years. The WI St. Journal even fired their hockey beat writer, so who really cares about uw hockey anymore? That breed is dying out and all the marketing tricks in the book and hugs and kisses press releases can’t fix the recruiting debacles and add wins to the win column.

Sad day indeed,

------------------
JK's response....

Tim, Sorry I have been out of town but wanted to thank you for your comments. Based on your comments I am not sure this email will matter but I wanted to respond. There is no doubt that Luke deciding to go pro early was difficult to swallow but I guess you can't fault the young man for following his dreams. I know his teammates here at Wisconsin that he had been training with will miss him. I have been actively checking up on our young men and they are training very hard this summer and you can already see a difference in their bodies. Last season was disappointing and we expect better from our men's hockey program. I know Coach Eaves and his new staff are working very diligently to get things turned around.

ON WISCONSIN!
JK

Jason King
Office-608-262-7974
Cell-608-354-7112
JWK@athletics.wisc.edu

I got a similar response, but at least this time I got a response.

drop_the_puck
07-10-2015, 11:12 AM

Sending the emails in the first place was the key. We have to let them know the anger. The replies don't really matter. JK could never respond in a way that would satisfy us or risk it being posted to twitter, etc.

Gandalf the Red
07-10-2015, 11:35 AM

You guys are better than me by actually sending them an email. My message was not renewing my season tickets. Had them since 2005, which isn't nearly as long as many others, but was a tough choice.

Going next door for Women's games instead.

markwojo
07-10-2015, 12:10 PM
My email to JK.....

Sad day indeed,

------------------
JK's response....

ON WISCONSIN!
JK

Jason King
Office-608-262-7974
Cell-608-354-7112
JWK@athletics.wisc.edu

Did I miss something? Didn't Luke go Canadian MJ? Playing against 17/18/19 year olds and getting a weekly stipend for groceries is hardly "going pro". Nice spin though to try to sell it as such when in reality is at best a lateral move.

Timothy A
07-10-2015, 12:18 PM
Going next door for Women's games instead.

You won't regret it. Aside from the band not being there, it's a blast in the intimate atmosphere. We always sit in the row behind the opponent's bench.

I didn't expect any other response than what I got (ignoring specifics points besides Opillka). At least he did get back to me.

markwojo
07-10-2015, 03:01 PM
Empty seats will be a more powerful message.

solovsfett
07-10-2015, 03:24 PM
Empty seats will be a more powerful message.

Exactly. That's the only message the Athletic Department understands from us. They've had ample warning if they've been paying even scant attention to what we've been saying.

bucky15
07-10-2015, 03:25 PM
Did I miss something? Didn't Luke go Canadian MJ? Playing against 17/18/19 year olds and getting a weekly stipend for groceries is hardly "going pro". Nice spin though to try to sell it as such when in reality is at best a lateral move.

http://blues.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=773772

He has a signed contract with an NHL team. I would say he went pro.

IndianaBadger1995
07-14-2015, 03:21 AM
ON WISCONSIN!
JK

I couldn't help but laugh at this. So terrible...