Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

reading up about Fuher, he and Harbinson would be a great 1 - 2 punch.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
      I am for sure
      I'm at defcon 0, I've moved on to basically not caring because the whole program is a giant pile of bombed out wreckage already, just waiting for the fallout to disapate before reconstruction can actually begin.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by Almington View Post
        I'm at defcon 0, I've moved on to basically not caring because the whole program is a giant pile of bombed out wreckage already, just waiting for the fallout to disapate before reconstruction can actually begin.
        Taking a few pointers from MM, eh?
        Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
        ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
        Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
        "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
        Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

The longer this drags on the more I believe Luke Strand will get one of the jobs. No inside info, it just makes too much sense. It would be a solid hire.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            The longer this drags on the more I believe Luke Strand will get one of the jobs. No inside info, it just makes too much sense. It would be a solid hire.
            I hope they go after him then, and will assume he would be a good hire based on your knowledge and how you described him. Like in business, personable people can make great recruiters / sales people. And if he can back that up with solid coaching he might be just what UW needs.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Hope this source is wrong.........I was told Harbinson turned down a MONSTER offer from Wisconsin. I don't have contract details for every assistant in the country, but I'm pretty positive it would have made him the highest paid from the number I was told. Again, just one source and it wasn't a Wisconsin person, so hopefully it's bad info.
              I'm not surprised, if it's true. I wanted to chime in earlier in the week; Why would a western Canadian, who now is a very successful western Canadian HEAD COACH and GENERAL MANAGER, come to the upper midwest US to be a ****ing assistant coach? Unless there is something promised for the immediate future, he's not coming here.

In addition, why would you leave a league with names like, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, the Spruce Kings, the Silverbacks, the Smoke Eaters, and the Vipers?
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                This is a disaster........
                Fixed your post.
                "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                  I'm not surprised, if it's true. I wanted to chime in earlier in the week; Why would a western Canadian, who now is a very successful western Canadian HEAD COACH and GENERAL MANAGER, come to the upper midwest US to be a ****ing assistant coach? Unless there is something promised for the immediate future, he's not coming here.

In addition, why would you leave a league with names like, Chilliwack, Coquitlam, the Spruce Kings, the Silverbacks, the Smoke Eaters, and the Vipers?
                  Same reason guys that are in the USHL as coach/GM take assistant gigs in D1...it's the next step up the ladder. If the program were in a healthy state....maybe when Oz left or when Butters found God....this might be more realistic. Now with the vultures circling over dead man walking...not so much.

Comment

What a **** shame.

Comment

Interesting digital catalog made by the athletic department to entice season ticket sales. I'm not sure if it will work, but I applaud the effort

http://catalog.e-digitaleditions.com...atalog-2015-16

Also confirms what I've tweeted and posted here before, that Matt Berkovitz is going to be held back and will spend another year in the USHL. Correct move for Wisconsin, and Berkovitz. I hate using this word, but he needs to get his swagger back.

Comment

Interesting digital catalog made by the athletic department to entice season ticket sales. I'm not sure if it will work, but I applaud the effort

http://catalog.e-digitaleditions.com...atalog-2015-16

Also confirms what I've tweeted and posted here before, that Matt Berkovitz is going to be held back and will spend another year in the USHL. Correct move for Wisconsin, and Berkovitz. I hate using this word, but he needs to get his swagger back.
                        That's kind of similar to what they've had before with Wisconsinhockey2014.com (it's not up anymore, but it and equivalent sites were up for various sports in the past few years). They haven't made it as visible before, though, and this seems a bit more focused on attracting interest rather than just being a source for ticket details.

I like that they're showing us a bit about some of the recruits. While I know it was a very small number of clips, the Tischke video made me a little more excited to see what he can do.

Comment

one month since the listing with the state ended and no coaches yet.

I have to believe that Eaves and Barry are struggling to find someone.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

This can not be remotely as planned/hoped. Oz/Granato/Harbison have all indicated no thanks through media reports. At best, we are either begging one of those guys with insane contractual offers (which makes you wonder if Eaves buyout would not have been not all that expensive relative to having to overpay to land assistants) or onto our 4th option. Ugh.....a Barry Bungle that digs the hole the program is in even deeper.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post

Denouement. Now if only Barry "I'm not a hockey guy" Alvarez would get that revelation. "Oops! I ****ed up, shoulda cleaned house instead of putting the hc and team in an now untenable/unwinnable situation"
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                                Denouement. Now if only Barry "I'm not a hockey guy" Alvarez would get that revelation. "Oops! I ****ed up, shoulda cleaned house instead of putting the hc and team in an now untenable/unwinnable situation"
                                I hope you (and I) are proven wrong for the sake of the program....but it sure looks like after 2 months of looking for assistants, needing to add 3ish players to the roster by fall, and generally changing the momentum/perception of the program around, we seem to be sinking further and further away from turning things around.

Comment

Working...
                                X