Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Like an idiot, I accidentally deleted mine! Tried to rescue it from the trash folder and it disappeared. Apparently, someone didn't want me to return it!

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

I still think Schuchuk gets fired.

Btw, I love the thread title haha

Comment

I just finished filling out my email survey and I made them aware of my level of dissatisfaction of the current level of performance. I also let them know that my buddies and I will be evaluating our ticket renewal at the FF, with the only redeeming quality being our current seats.

But then, what does my opinion and dollars count for? I'm only an idiot.

Comment

I know it's the same survey every year, but given the current state of the program, the survey seemed strange. Sort of like asking Titanic survivors if they liked the color of the paint in the dining room.

Comment

Originally posted by RedStripes View Post
            Sort of like asking Titanic survivors if they liked the color of the paint in the dining room.
            Oh man, that's a good line.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Still trying to come up with more thread titles.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIV: Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?
              Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

I know it's the same survey every year, but given the current state of the program, the survey seemed strange. Sort of like asking Titanic survivors if they liked the color of the paint in the dining room.
                HOF post.

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  Still trying to come up with more thread titles.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIV: Other than that, how was the play Mrs. Lincoln?
                  Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIV: Rebuilding the Reload?

Comment

Where have you been all these years? Your talent is clearly one of the ages.

I looked at the survey, it's amazing how little of it has to do with the actual play of the team and no mention of the coaches at all. Plenty of chances to be pro-band and anti-canned music.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                      Unfortunately as fans, the only way the powers that be get the message is when it hurts the wallet. I would compare it to the Blackhawks when I finally gave up on them. In the late 90's, the Hawks were putrid and rotten from top to bottom. I finally gave up when the Kohl Center was opening and reallocated my hockey spending on Badger season tickets from catching 6-7 Hawks games from my cousins season tickets. Some point to old man Wirtz passing and the kid taking over, but the real impetus in my opinion was a 3/4ers empty arena and the powers that be there really having to have to start to listen (drafting Kane and Toews didn't hurt either). While it pains me to in essence give up and throw the towel in...it really needs to happen in mass for those that need a slap in the face to realize how bad things are.
                      This is what I'm doing next year, but in reverse! Season tix have been in the family for 30+ years. They were given to me, accepted and used. No more. The money I'm saving is going into a "fund" to attend more NHL games. I've already got feelers out for the playoffs next month. PLAYOFFS? Thousands of tickets will be available next year at the Kohl Center. Just walk up and buy them. No seat license required.

I cannot stress enough that I am NOT ****ed at the kids; they seem like great character young men. Just a horrible situation.
                      Last edited by MadCityRich; 03-25-2015, 01:37 PM.
                      "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

I've followed Badger Hockey since Chelios was new on campus, been a daily reader for about 10 years and a season ticket holder for 7 years. But I'm not connected to any inside information so I never felt I had much to add to the discussion. However, when I was filling out this survey full of questions about whether Badger Hockey would be better if the ticket takers were more polite or if there was a better mix of band vs. canned music, I got ticked enough to put in my 2 cents.

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Where have you been all these years? Your talent is clearly one of the ages.

I looked at the survey, it's amazing how little of it has to do with the actual play of the team and no mention of the coaches at all. Plenty of chances to be pro-band and anti-canned music.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                          Well...that makes sense. There are almost zero years out of all of them in which it would even make sense. Even this year, it wouldn't make sense to ask fans about the coaching staff outside of extra comments (so you can specifically say you're dropping your tickets without major overhaul). Things that the marketing people have power to change make sense for this kind of thing.

Comment

Mike Eaves (.551 win % over 13 yr. career) would need 138 consecutive wins going forward to catch Don Lucia's win % of .644 in last 13 years.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                              Well...that makes sense. There are almost zero years out of all of them in which it would even make sense. Even this year, it wouldn't make sense to ask fans about the coaching staff outside of extra comments (so you can specifically say you're dropping your tickets without major overhaul). Things that the marketing people have power to change make sense for this kind of thing.
                              I didn't know what it was about at all.....it was pretty generic, it's probably easily converted over to other sports. It's sad and irritating that life in general has come down to marketing, even in sports. It used to be if you liked hockey, you go watch some, if you like dirt track car racing you'd go find a local dirt track and watch it. Now the perifferal things are deemed almost more important that the event itself. Everyone is trying to sell their sports. Just make sure the product is very good and all else will fall into place.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

It's a down time for the program, but congrats to the 8 players who made Academic All Big-Ten for the Winter.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...cAllBigTen.pdf
                                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Working...
                                X