PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 [39] 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Chuck Schwartz
06-27-2015, 12:12 PM
Adam Parsells (San Jose Sharks) and Cameron Hughes (Boston Bruins) were selected in the sixth round.

Chuck Schwartz
06-27-2015, 12:42 PM
Jack Becker to the Boston Bruins in the 7th round.

Timothy A
06-27-2015, 03:28 PM
Thanks, a great idea Timothy A. I was associated with Andy's (Chuck's) Twitter account for than 5 years and had great exchanges with him. Beware though, as with what happened to me, Andy(Chuck) Blocked me). So be careful what you say. I never was told the reason when I asked him why he blocked me but he did.

I took it personally. I am a loyal Badger Hockey fan and did not deserve his arbitrary discrimination. Yes he has that right so, just beware and don't get cut off. Andy (Chuck) how many others?

I don't plan on "saying" anything, strictly reading.

Timothy A
06-27-2015, 09:34 PM
Interestingly at the game last night, Oz stood next to Mark Johnson on the white bench for all 3 periods. I think that speaks volumes.

NEWI Badger Fan
06-27-2015, 10:47 PM
Interestingly at the game last night, Oz stood next to Mark Johnson on the white bench for all 3 periods. I think that speaks volumes.

Any exchange between MM and Oz after the game either during or after the handshake?

Timothy A
06-28-2015, 06:11 AM
Any exchange between MM and Oz after the game either during or after the handshake?

Did not pay attention to that (maybe should have out of curiosity), I was taking pics of the players.

DoorCtyBadger
06-28-2015, 10:38 AM

Mike Eaves and Oz were pretty much talking the whole pregame and much of the 1st period

UCBadger
06-29-2015, 10:27 PM
Effect of upcoming changes in Wisconsin basketball on the future of the hockey coaching staff? (No changes for at least two more years?)

icebadger
06-30-2015, 12:37 AM
Effect of upcoming changes in Wisconsin basketball on the future of the hockey coaching staff? (No changes for at least two more years?)Does 'Bo know' hockey?

Timothy A
06-30-2015, 01:01 PM
The WI State Journal responded to me (read from the bottom up):

Tim,

Yes, it less than ideal to not go on the road all the time. On a certain game, if itís a big one or defining in some way, we certainly might go on a case by case. But we wonít go every time like we have been. Even so, weíll still cover those games by phone and do the best we can to report on them via other means.

Thanks. Ė John

Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:08 AM
To: John Smalley
Subject: RE: The Wisconsin State Journal Customer Contact

Iíll be honest, not going on the road sucks. Thatís where the coverage is needed the most since most road games are not televised.

Sent: Monday, June 29, 2015 4:07 PM
The Wisconsin State Journal Customer Contact

Timothy,

Thanks for your note, which was passed along to me. We definitely will still cover UW hockey, both men and women, though we probably wonít be going on the road with the menís team the way we have in years past. While we will no longer have a full-time hockey writer, weíll still cover both teams by spreading that work among several staff members.

Thanks for your interest in the State Journal.

John Smalley
Editor
Wisconsin State Journal

gwhinwi
06-30-2015, 09:26 PM
The WI State Journal responded to me (read from the bottom up):

Tim,

Yes, it less than ideal to not go on the road all the time. On a certain game, if it’s a big one or defining in some way, we certainly might go on a case by case. But we won’t go every time like we have been. Even so, we’ll still cover those games by phone and do the best we can to report on them via other means.

Thanks. – John

Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 7:08 AM
To: John Smalley
Subject: RE: The Wisconsin State Journal Customer Contact

I’ll be honest, not going on the road sucks. That’s where the coverage is needed the most since most road games are not televised.

Sent: Monday, June 29, 2015 4:07 PM
The Wisconsin State Journal Customer Contact

Timothy,

Thanks for your note, which was passed along to me. We definitely will still cover UW hockey, both men and women, though we probably won’t be going on the road with the men’s team the way we have in years past. While we will no longer have a full-time hockey writer, we’ll still cover both teams by spreading that work among several staff members.

Thanks for your interest in the State Journal.

John Smalley
Editor
Wisconsin State Journal

Translation? "We won't be doing squat other than parroting the AP wire reports in an effort to save as much money as possible."

At least he responded though.

gwhinwi
07-01-2015, 03:50 PM
I just posted this on the recruiting thread, but Posick is reporting that Opilka won't be playing for the Badgers.

http://board.uscho.com/showthread.php?113154-Wisconsin-Hockey-Recruiting-Vol-XXXIV-Go-pick-me-out-a-winner-Strand&p=6176043&viewfull=1#post6176043

Chuck Schwartz
07-01-2015, 05:24 PM
Wisconsin is so screwed. So, so screwed.

GBBadger14
07-01-2015, 05:36 PM

Seeing as how they can't find any decent forwards this time of year, I'm guessing its safe to assume Eaves won't be finding a semi-decent goalie this late?

Timothy A
07-01-2015, 07:34 PM

Boom goes the dynamite!

WiscDC
07-01-2015, 07:47 PM
If there are people out there who can stimulate a renaissance for this program, it'll still take a ton of scratching and clawing to get back to a so-so level by our standards. There's a lot of snowballing: decommitted potential stars --> worse performance --> less interest --> less coverage, conversation --> way less interest (and so on and so forth). As more seasons go by, fewer and fewer fans are there from the days when it was a huge [expletive] deal, so fewer fans who will be able to help out when the proper pieces eventually get put in place. Unlike college football, it's a lot easier to forget college hockey.

Chuck Schwartz
07-01-2015, 07:50 PM
Message I got today from a former player: "How in the hell has eaves kept his job through this mess? Theres not one happy alum and I witnessed that last weekend when everyone was back"

"First time ever Eaves did not show up on the UW sponsored hole at the KK golf outing. Over 100 alums there too. It's embarrassing"

IndianaBadger1995
07-01-2015, 09:00 PM
Just fire Eaves now and BEG Don Granato/Oz to come be head coach.

RedStripes
07-01-2015, 09:12 PM
Sorry if I should know this, but based on the current roster, who is the likely starting goalie this year?

Bonin21
07-01-2015, 09:20 PM
You can have Logan Halladay if you want him.