Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by GoBucky! View Post
    Badgers men's hockey: Don Granato not a candidate for staff opening; Mark Osiecki unlikely as well

Read more: http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...#ixzz3aYHhvN3d
    You're welcome, Bags.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Badgers men's hockey: Don Granato not a candidate for staff opening; Mark Osiecki unlikely as well

I was a little shocked to read that Eaves wanted the top assistant to help ID the 2nd assistant coach. Maybe that's a good idea? I'm a little surprised Donnie thinks of himself has a head coach candidate only. Definitely sounds like Oz is out, Eaves said he just couldn't wait, which is bull because he STILL hasn't hired anyone yet. It's almost Harbison or bust at this point.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Here's the OZ interview:

Hi OZ so u wanna mayB come back?

hiya. um... lol... IDK... prolly not
        Originally posted by WiscTJK
        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
        Originally posted by Timothy A
        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
          Here's the OZ interview:

Hi OZ so u wanna mayB come back?

hiya. um... lol... IDK... prolly not
          It is fun to think of Eaves soliciting future assistant coaches as if he were a 14 year old girl using a cell phone to text for the first time.

Actually, that doesn't seem that far from reality.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            I was a little shocked to read that Eaves wanted the top assistant to help ID the 2nd assistant coach. Maybe that's a good idea? I'm a little surprised Donnie thinks of himself has a head coach candidate only. Definitely sounds like Oz is out, Eaves said he just couldn't wait, which is bull because he STILL hasn't hired anyone yet. It's almost Harbison or bust at this point.
            I'd think it makes sense to want to get the top guy in place first. You obviously want chemistry, plus you want a second asst. to be strong coaching and recruiting in areas where perhaps the first isn't so much.

Donnie has been a HC for most of the last 20 years from juniors to the ECHL and AHL. And he has a pretty good job right now as far as jobs in hockey go. I'm not really surprised he looks at it that way. I think if he's not here, the best place for the him to be (as far as UW is concerned) is right where he is. While he's probably not really doing any steering, it's definitely a good thing that UW coaches have a good relationship at the NTDP.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I think its funny he couldn't wait for Oz (sounds like an excuse for him saying no), but he hasn't hired anyone in the three weeks since the posting ended. Sounds like another cluster to me, which isn't real shocking.
              Last edited by WiscTJK; 05-19-2015, 09:15 AM.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I second the motion that figuring out the top guy and having them have input on the #2 guy and having that #2 guy be a good compliment to the #1 makes total sense. If the first guy had great recruiting contacts in Minnesota and is an elite recruiter/developer of Dmen like say Oz....you are not trying to hire a guy with primarily Minnesota recruiting ties and strength is in coaching D. Who the top guy ends up being is critical in what you want in a second guy. I would assume Eaves has a dual track search going with a working list of lead and 2nd guys that he has been recruiting/interviewing/consulting with multiple options in each basket (but then again, I never would have guessed he would pass up an opportunity to bring back Oz over Schuchuk/Walsh so I should be careful assuming).

Granato out makes sense....he's been the head guy a while and if he stays head guy as USA hockey, he will be a good candidate for plum college head jobs (like say.....ummm....Wisconsin in a year) or maybe even in the AHL. I get wanting maybe Oz to be interested enough to reach out if you have made overtures through secondary channels and asked his employer for permission to talk to him. At some point you need Oz himself interested in the opportunity himself more then selling him on it...but on the other hand, Eaves should be desperate enough at this point that he should be begging the guys at the top of his list.

Harbison seems like the only remaining homerun hire option (if Oz is truly out as a viable option) but you have to wonder why he would. If Fabbro and Jost are going the college route, they are staying at Penticton and would be poised for another great season where Harbison can further build his resume and options going forward (where as going to Wisconsin to finish under .500 and potentially see the head guy launched doesn't seem as good of a career move).

Unfortunately, North Dakota has also now been brought into the fray of searching for a lead assistant which may shrink the pool for the Badgers. A brand new head coach at North Dakota is likely not going anywhere for a few years (no matter how bad they might struggle) and provides more stability. Their roster is way stronger then UW at this point making the likelihood of success out of the gate is greater and there is no mistaking what the main sport/emphasis is on the campus.

Comment

Schedule Released for the Non-Conference. Already knew the teams from Chuck.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...e/schedule.pdf

Comment

Originally posted by Badgers1 View Post
                    Schedule Released for the Non-Conference. Already knew the teams from Chuck.

http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/...e/schedule.pdf
                    And yes, the exhibition game against the school from Canada will be included in the season ticket package at full price.

Link to info.

Cue the outrage from fans about having to pay full price for an exhibition game...

Comment

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post

Cue the outrage from fans about having to pay full price for an exhibition game...

It never rose to the level of "outrage" for me, but it did eventually get to "annoyance."

Not a problem I have to worry about anymore.

EDIT: On New Year's Day, no less. LOLOLOLOLOL

EDIT 2: At a (now) football school... LOLOLOLOL Could they possibly be more out of touch?

EDIT 3: Wisconsin Hockey... LOLOLOLOLOL
                      Last edited by Gurtholfin; 05-19-2015, 04:50 PM.

Comment

And yes, the exhibition game against the school from Canada will be included in the season ticket package at full price.

Link to info.

I would agree "outrage" may be a tad to strong of an adjective. Sorry, but for the privilege of fronting money for an entire season in June, I should not only not have to pay at or above face value (when you add in Badger Fund required "donations" that is exactly how the math works out), I sure shouldn't be scammed into forced purchase of exhibition games against high school kids (although those high school kids had a better D1 record then the Eaves Puppies....errr...Badgers). Most sports organizations reward season ticketholders with a discount that has their net cost less then ticket face value....hell even old man Wirtz with the Blackhawks didn't screw over his "season reservationists" into paying more then ticket face value.

Comment

Link to info.

yes, it is a joke, and I am sick of having to pay for these useless games. Still debating giving up both nights. For sure I am giving up Friday, but love my Saturday seats enough, I might suffer through another year of MM and hope he is fired next year.
                          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                            I would agree "outrage" may be a tad to strong of an adjective. Sorry, but for the privilege of fronting money for an entire season in June, I should not only not have to pay at or above face value (when you add in Badger Fund required "donations" that is exactly how the math works out), I sure shouldn't be scammed into forced purchase of exhibition games against high school kids (although those high school kids had a better D1 record then the Eaves Puppies....errr...Badgers). Most sports organizations reward season ticketholders with a discount that has their net cost less then ticket face value....hell even old man Wirtz with the Blackhawks didn't screw over his "season reservationists" into paying more then ticket face value.
                            Amen brother. Luckily, my Saturday seats are in the corner and I don't have to pay the donation. I always did give a small donation until this year.....

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                              yes, it is a joke, and I am sick of having to pay for these useless games. Still debating giving up both nights. For sure I am giving up Friday, but love my Saturday seats enough, I might suffer through another year of MM and hope he is fired next year.
                              This is how I feel about my friday tix. My buddy decided not to renew on saturday last season and I didn't put up a fight, and I also didn't miss it. I love my location on friday, plus based on this last season that is the only night they stand a chance to win.

I just want tickets to the Blake Geoffrion thing. Already have my money set aside to bid on Hilary Knight's jersey.
                              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                              Originally posted by UWisco
                              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Hope this source is wrong.........I was told Harbinson turned down a MONSTER offer from Wisconsin. I don't have contract details for every assistant in the country, but I'm pretty positive it would have made him the highest paid from the number I was told. Again, just one source and it wasn't a Wisconsin person, so hopefully it's bad info.

Comment

Working...
                                X