Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Unless Oz wants to talk to North Dakota first...
    If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      Wow Hakstol leaving UND, I'm surprised. The Flyers could have done us all a favor and hired Eaves.

Oz could reunite w/ the Schmaltz brothers.
      Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
      Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
      Originally posted by UWisco
      It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

I would imagine this week brings some clarity to the assistant coaches search. Oz is free to talk with Rockford eliminated and Fred Harbinson at Penticton finished up at the RBC Cup this past weekend also.

Comment

It might be foolish of me to think this, but do you think Boeser thinks about going elsewhere with Hakstol leaving UND? I know he already signed his NLI.
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

No

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              If OZ goes to nodak there should be hell to pay for one Barry "I'm not a hockey guy" Alvarez. Oz>eaves any day of the week.

Also, my head will explode scanners-style if oz goes to nodak
              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
                It might be foolish of me to think this, but do you think Boeser thinks about going elsewhere with Hakstol leaving UND? I know he already signed his NLI.
                I'm at least sure every UND recruit's phone will be ringing but I suspect UND will probably hold their class together. It would be really interesting though if Eaves suddenly calls Dan Boesser about that assistant job now...
                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                Originally posted by Timothy A
                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                  If OZ goes to nodak
                  You can keep your head for another day at least. Brad Berry has been named UND HC.
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Birdman will have to build a staff in Philly, maybe he should give Mike a call.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
                      You can keep your head for another day at least. Brad Berry has been named UND HC.
                      Heh,...now that I think of it OZ as coach at UND would likely have been enough to motivate the alumni to take slap shots at cement-head Barry
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Thought I would pass along some information that others might be curious about.

Season ticket renewal packages should be shipping by the end of this week.

Online renewal should be live at 8:30AM on Friday the 22nd. Season ticket renewers should also be able to order tickets to the Blake Geoffrion Hockey Classic and reserve your spot for the meet-and-greet session afterwards at this time.

BGHC tickets go on sale to the general public on Monday the 25th.

I would encourage everyone to pick up some tickets, and get them early. Last year's event was a lot of fun and looks to be even better this year. Show them that there is support for this event and that there is justification for moving this to a larger venue (perhaps the Kohl).

Pavelski and Stepan as team captains, John Buccigross will be the host, full rosters available here

Comment

Nice to see Robbie Earl in the lineup. He had one of the best games I ever saw at the Kohl Center with his hat trick over UND.
                          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

As Wojo said, this week is very important. Guessing we won't hear of a hiring this week, but it's possible and I'm guessing something happens in the next 10-12 days before USHL camps start. I believe when it was reported that Eaves went up to Penticton for that recruiting trip, it was to recruit Fred Harbinson, and not Jost and Fabbro. Source I talked to said when Eaves was in town there were no games going on and the boys weren't even there. Maybe he did end up seeing them, but everything I've heard is that it was a sales job on Harbinson. Now that Penticton's season is over, we may hear more on that front.

In terms of Osiecki, just because I've heard that he told Wisconsin no, doesn't mean that's a final answer. As others pointed out, they technically haven't even been able to talk to him yet. There are so many second, third and fourth parties with channels of communication on these things that sometimes it's hard to separate facts. Coaches like Eaves will call agents, former players, anyone they trust to get ideas and information on potential coaching hires. You'd be shocked who gets called for information.... With Wisconsin's wide net of alums in the game there are lots of rumors and speculation that can get intertwined with the facts.

I still think Luke Strand from the Madison Capitols would be a slam dunk hire if Oz and/or Harbinson don't work out. I'm biased because I've known him my entire life but he's got some traits that would make him a logical choice. One, he has a ton of experience in relevant jobs. He's a Wisconsin guy, has coached and been a GM in the USHL and knows the up and coming players. He's also an outstanding coach that has spent time at the professional level in the AHL. And more importantly, he's the life of the party wherever he goes. I've never met anyone that didn't like him. He's hilarious, down to earth, and would be an elite college hockey recruiter. If Eaves ends up going with Strand, I'd bet my unborn son that Shuey gets the Caps job given his ties with Sagissor.

I've heard of at least three names that haven't been talked about publicly that either Eaves has reached out to, or they have reached out to Eaves. Unfortunately I was not given permission to pass those names on publicly. Two of the names will probably not excite the fans. The other was a pretty well respected assistant coach that has a national championship under his belt. I think he'd be a solid hire, but he has no ties to Wisconsin or the program.

Also, Don Granato said no. Can't remember if I said that or not. I could see him making a move to the NHL if Tony gets a shot at a head job (San Jose?)
                            Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 05-18-2015, 09:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              but he has no ties to Wisconsin or the program.
                              That isn't as important as it normally would be for me. Although I suppose some local flavor on the staff might help give us better results from our own backyard.
                              If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Badgers men's hockey: Don Granato not a candidate for staff opening; Mark Osiecki unlikely as well

Read more: http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...#ixzz3aYHhvN3d
                                Wisconsin Badgers

National Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90 & 2006

Comment

Working...
                                X