Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

I figured he would say no. When eaves is fired in year, he will be on the short list for replacements. Plus he was snubbed in 2013.
    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

I have a picture in my head of Eaves on the bench shaking his head with two cardboard cut outs standing behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
        I have a picture in my head of Eaves on the bench shaking his head with two cardboard cut outs standing behind him.
        I figured it would be two people with brown paper bags not wanting to put this season on their resume.

Something like this, perhaps?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8V...ew?usp=sharing
        Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
          I figured it would be two people with brown paper bags not wanting to put this season on their resume.

Something like this, perhaps?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8V...ew?usp=sharing
          Hahahaha, that was great. That was how I pictured Eaves in my head with the cardboard cut outs behind him.

They should have a marketing campaign similar to the Zamboni ride promo. For one period, sit on the bench and be Eaves' ASST coach. You just need to go to your local Culver's and fill a form out and put it in a little blue box and hope it gets picked.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
            Hahahaha, that was great. That was how I pictured Eaves in my head with the cardboard cut outs behind him.

They should have a marketing campaign similar to the Zamboni ride promo. For one period, sit on the bench and be Eaves' ASST coach. You just need to go to your local Culver's and fill a form out and put it in a little blue box and hope it gets picked.
            Honestly, that might be the way to get me to come to a game next year.
            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
              Honestly, that might be the way to get me to come to a game next year.
              To offset declining attendance revenues I heard that after home losses next year they're considering selling tickets for a post game Mike Eaves Dunk Tank filled with:

Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

I was excited to read that Vetter and Knight will play in the BGHC. I'd love to see some more UW Women's Olympians get involved. Is the seating reserved?
                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  I was excited to read that Vetter and Knight will play in the BGHC. I'd love to see some more UW Women's Olympians get involved. Is the seating reserved?

I will be out of town at a lacrosse tourney (), so won't be able to attend.

LOVED it last year though and would recommend it to any who are on the fence. Was a fun time and Pavs will be there this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    I will be out of town at a lacrosse tourney (), so won't be able to attend.

LOVED it last year though and would recommend it to any who are on the fence. Was a fun time and Pavs will be there this time.
                    The impression I got is that pretty much everyone there absolutely loved it. Unfortunately, for some reason or another they weren't able to do it at the Kohl Center. (They wanted to bring prices down a little bit and open up the Kohl Center.) I'll have to remember to get a ticket ASAP when they go on sale!

Comment

Anyone hearing any rumors that a coach or two may be in the works? Seems crazy that the state posting ended 4/27 and yet we have not heard anything. Eaves still has recruits to sign for this year....
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

It does seem odd, but maybe they're doing second round interviews? I don't know, I'm fairly ignorant of the process.

Unless one of the coaches is still coaching a team elsewhere (as in: his team is in the playoffs somewhere) I would have a hard time believing that they've made a choice and not announced it.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          It does seem odd, but maybe they're doing second round interviews? I don't know, I'm fairly ignorant of the process.

Unless one of the coaches is still coaching a team elsewhere (as in: his team is in the playoffs somewhere) I would have a hard time believing that they've made a choice and not announced it.
                          I can confirm Oz was coaching last night and against Mark Zengerle none the less.

Comment

• Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                            I can confirm Oz was coaching last night and against Mark Zengerle none the less.
                            Oz turned down the job evidently. I wouldn't doubt eaves is having a tough time finding candidates as he and Alvarez have created a losing proposition.
                            Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                              Oz turned down the job evidently. I wouldn't doubt eaves is having a tough time finding candidates as he and Alvarez have created a losing proposition.
                              Quality qualified candidates at least. This is not a new issue for Eaves.

Comment

Ice Hogs were eliminated from the Calder Cup chase yesterday by Mark Zengerle's Griffins. Despite whatever the grapevine says, it's difficult to imagine a situation where there's not at least a conversation with Oz this week. UW went to the trouble of getting permission and haven't filled the position, and it's nothing but advantageous to Oz to listen to whatever UW has to say. Perhaps there will be some movement by the end of the week.
                                Originally posted by WiscTJK
                                I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                                Originally posted by Timothy A
                                Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Working...
                                X