PDA

View Full Version : Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 [33] 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51

Wisko McBadgerton
06-03-2015, 10:37 AM
Very pleased with the Luke Strand hiring. I do think it is the best case scenario after Harbinson.

With the other assistant I'd still dearly love to see someone with Canadian connections. Eaves has some of course, but I wonder if it's enough to continue to get some quality Canadian kids in. I still don't think Wisconsin players and a couple of MN kids is enough of a base to be at the top consistently. Have to add a half dozen or more top players to that from outside.

In any case, nice to finally hear some positive news.

Chuck Schwartz
06-03-2015, 11:44 AM
Things are moving quick on the other assistant job and the Caps job. I've heard both positions are filled but wasn't given permission to go public yet. I will when I can. New caps coach should raise an eyebrow or two.

WiscTJK
06-03-2015, 11:56 AM
Things are moving quick on the other assistant job and the Caps job. I've heard both positions are filled but wasn't given permission to go public yet. I will when I can. New caps coach should raise an eyebrow or two.

Mike Eaves? just kidding of course.

Chuck Schwartz
06-03-2015, 12:03 PM

Since Baggot just tweeted the first portion, I guess it's safe now. JB Bittner will be the second assistant as I had speculated last night.

WiscTJK
06-03-2015, 12:07 PM
Since Baggot just tweeted the first portion, I guess it's safe now. JB Bittner will be the second assistant as I had speculated last night.

Bittner was a forward. Who is coaching the D then, Bittner? Is that normal not to have a dedicated D man teaching defense?

Chuck Schwartz
06-03-2015, 12:11 PM
Bittner was a forward. Who is coaching the D then, Bittner? Is that normal not to have a dedicated D man teaching defense?

Strand can coach defense.

WiscTJK
06-03-2015, 12:12 PM
Strand can coach defense.

He was a forward too, correct? Seems odd to me, but I don't know how other teams do it.

WiscTJK
06-03-2015, 12:24 PM
I still think it is concerning not having either coach with Division 1 experience. You would think at least the top assistant would have that. They do have USHL experience, so that is better than the experience level of the last two assistants. I am open to Strand based on Chuck's enthusiasm for the kind of recruiter he can be.

Stillwell speaks very highly of him in article on NBC 15. http://www.nbc15.com/sports/headlines/UW-COMMIT-STILLWELL-AWAITS-MORE-PERMANENT-MADISON-STAY-305500621.html

Chuck Schwartz
06-03-2015, 12:39 PM
I still think it is concerning not having either coach with Division 1 experience. You would think at least the top assistant would have that. They do have USHL experience, so that is better than the experience level of the last two assistants. I am open to Strand based on Chuck's enthusiasm for the kind of recruiter he can be.

Stillwell speaks very highly of him in article on NBC 15. http://www.nbc15.com/sports/headlines/UW-COMMIT-STILLWELL-AWAITS-MORE-PERMANENT-MADISON-STAY-305500621.html

Bittner has D1 experience and Strand has coached at almost every level except D1, including professionals. I'm not concerned at all. Both have major USHL experience, know the recruiting landscape and are considered solid coaches.

IndianaBadger1995
06-03-2015, 12:53 PM

So I take it it's not Shuchuk?

markwojo
06-03-2015, 01:31 PM
I'll guess Oz on Cap's new GM/coach. That would be a swift kick in the sack.

Gurtholfin
06-03-2015, 01:35 PM

Garret Suter?

KaMiGo
06-03-2015, 01:39 PM

I'll toss out Steve Miller as my guess. I think the timeline of being there (but not really), then leaving for the east coast, and now coming back would raise a few eyebrows.

WiscTJK
06-03-2015, 01:47 PM
I'll toss out Steve Miller as my guess. I think the timeline of being there (but not really), then leaving for the east coast, and now coming back would raise a few eyebrows.

And the fact he would have been a great #1 assistant.

IndianaBadger1995
06-03-2015, 02:00 PM
I'll guess Oz on Cap's new GM/coach. That would be a swift kick in the sack.

Oof, that'd be painful.

Wisko McBadgerton
06-03-2015, 02:30 PM

I do wonder what Steve Miller will be up to since he left Providence for "family reasons" to return to Denver (the city) about 10 days ago. He's said that he doesn't have any plans to take any job at this point.

Troy Ward is my eyebrow raiser.

WiscTJK
06-03-2015, 02:43 PM
Strand press release on uwbadgers.com http://www.uwbadgers.com/sports/m-hockey/spec-rel/060315aad.html

IndianaBadger1995
06-03-2015, 05:55 PM
Is assistant coach normally announced as associate head coach?

Chuck Schwartz
06-03-2015, 06:29 PM
Is assistant coach normally announced as associate head coach?

When you hire the person to be the associate head coach.

Chuck Schwartz
06-03-2015, 08:20 PM

Just heard the Caps job is still being negotiated. Guess it's not quite a done deal yet. Probably why I was told not to go public with the names.