Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    If only one of us would have took Chuck's job, we'd have the list already.
    I can barely put together a coherent board post, so I felt that I wasn't fit to apply for Chuck's job.
    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
      Yep. Open records request will have to tell you all of the people that applied for the job. There were a some interesting applications (Bronco Mendenhall) when the Badgers opened up the position the last time for football (even though they had the candidate picked already.)
      I'm pretty sure that in a case like this they would only release the information after the positions have been offered and accepted.

Comment

• Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
        I'm pretty sure that in a case like this they would only release the information after the positions have been offered and accepted.
        An open records request would require a Wisconsin state school to release the full list of applicant names. A school can charge a bit for copies, time spent to compile, whatever, but would have to disclose it. Often a simple email to the SID will take care of it, especially if you're on familiar terms with the SID and/or mention you'll file a FOIA request if you must.
        I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Wisconsin won't release the names until after the coaches are hired. At least the way it's always been handled in the past. I'm sure Baggot has already submitted a request.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
            Wisconsin won't release the names until after the coaches are hired. At least the way it's always been handled in the past. I'm sure Baggot has already submitted a request.
            Andy did respond to me and he did indeed file an application last week. He said he was still waiting.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

We may very well be disappointed in the end but despite the negativity surrounding the program at the moment, I'm not sure the assistant's job isn't a pretty good opportunity for a lot of candidates. First, there aren't a lot of $130k-$150k coaching jobs in hockey. Which alone is a big thing. Second, if successful in contributing to a turn around, the assistants will receive a good deal of the credit. And if unsuccessful and the whole staff gets axed, the blame isn't going to fall on the assistants at all.
              UW seems willing to offer a multi-year contract that would come with a buyout should things go awry. Hard to pocket a year or two of salary all at once for most guys even at the top assistant level. For someone ambitious and confident in their abilities, it seems to me it can be a pretty good opportunity when the worst case is a pretty good payout with little/no risk to reputation, and the best case is you look like a saviour/genius and everybody throws offers at you.

It will be interesting to see who applied. I gotta believe a decision will be coming down pretty soon. At least I hope so. Eaves is in a real bind with needing to fill scholarships and having no staff to sell.
              Originally posted by WiscTJK
              I'm with Wisko and Tim.
              Originally posted by Timothy A
              Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Mike's "recruiting" trip to Canada a few weeks ago may not have been for players.

Comment

That report of him attending a game with Butters gets more ominous by the day...
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                    Mike's "recruiting" trip to Canada a few weeks ago may not have been for players.
                    I'll take Mario Lemieux and Ray Borque as assistant coaches, with Cujo volunteering as goalie coach. All 3 are bored just sitting around doing nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                      That report of him attending a game with Butters gets more ominous by the day...
                      Man, don't even joke about that. I'd rather they keep an open vacancy for the year.

Comment

Per Baggot "Badgers men's hockey: Mike Eaves to speak to Mark Osiecki about open assistant job"

Read more: http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...#ixzz3ZPcvkYNU

"It remains to be seen if those amenities are enough to sway Osiecki, who sought to return to the staff in 2013 — only to see Eaves hire Walsh."

Eaves hired Walsh over bringing Osiecki back??
                        Last edited by GoBucky!; 05-06-2015, 08:39 PM.
                        Wisconsin Badgers

National Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90 & 2006

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky! View Post

"It remains to be seen if those amenities are enough to sway Osiecki, who sought to return to the staff in 2013 — only to see Eaves hire Walsh."

If this is true, this is just shows what a crazy idiot Eaves is. Did he not give Oz any credit for the recruiting that paid big dividends to his team? Did he actually think Schuey was recruiting at the level Oz was? OMG this is just ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by GoBucky! View Post
                            Per Baggot "Badgers men's hockey: Mike Eaves to speak to Mark Osiecki about open assistant job"

Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              If this is true, this is just shows what a crazy idiot Eaves is. Did he not give Oz any credit for the recruiting that paid big dividends to his team? Did he actually think Schuey was recruiting at the level Oz was? OMG this is just ridiculous.
                              I don't know what's worse, eaves hiring Walsh over Oz, or the good ole boys in the athletic department that knew this and didn't fire the clown this year. A guy doing coaching seminars or a great recruiter with head coaching experience. Tough call there (rolling eyes).

I just want to scream.....
                              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

It just keeps getting better...

Comment

Working...
                                X