Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

So...just filled out an email survey from the athletic department concerning my take on the program. In conjunction with an email I sent Jason King (associate AD), there should be no ambiguity as to why I am not renewing my season tickets. Hopefully someone cares.

Comment

Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
      So...just filled out an email survey from the athletic department concerning my take on the program. In conjunction with an email I sent Jason King (associate AD), there should be no ambiguity as to why I am not renewing my season tickets. Hopefully someone cares.
      Same here. Interesting they got the survey out in record time this year. Last year in came in May. I was clear, polite, but clearly listed my reasons I won't be back (unless there is a new staff).

And I have emailed Jason King twice and got no response. I did get an acknowledgement of my first email from Jason Doherty in January.
      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
        Same here. Interesting they got the survey out in record time this year. Last year in came in May. I was clear, polite, but clearly listed my reasons I won't be back (unless there is a new staff).

And I have emailed Jason King twice and got no response. I did get an acknowledgement of my first email from Jason Doherty in January.
        My reply from Jason King very well could have been a standard cookie cutter cut and paste....it was short, sweet, and very non-specific.

Comment

Same here, I let it be know that after 23 years I will not be renewing my 4 season tickets, or continuing to donate to the Badger Fund if Mike Eaves is not fired. The only thing that Barry seems to care about is $$, so it is incumbent upon the fans to make Barry aware that we are voting with our wallets. It may be the only way to get his attention!!!

Comment

Originally posted by oldtyme25 View Post
            Same here, I let it be know that after 23 years I will not be renewing my 4 season tickets, or continuing to donate to the Badger Fund if Mike Eaves is not fired. The only thing that Barry seems to care about is $$, so it is incumbent upon the fans to make Barry aware that we are voting with our wallets. It may be the only way to get his attention!!!
            Unfortunately as fans, the only way the powers that be get the message is when it hurts the wallet. I would compare it to the Blackhawks when I finally gave up on them. In the late 90's, the Hawks were putrid and rotten from top to bottom. I finally gave up when the Kohl Center was opening and reallocated my hockey spending on Badger season tickets from catching 6-7 Hawks games from my cousins season tickets. Some point to old man Wirtz passing and the kid taking over, but the real impetus in my opinion was a 3/4ers empty arena and the powers that be there really having to have to start to listen (drafting Kane and Toews didn't hurt either). While it pains me to in essence give up and throw the towel in...it really needs to happen in mass for those that need a slap in the face to realize how bad things are.

Comment

Unfortunately as fans, the only way the powers that be get the message is when it hurts the wallet. I would compare it to the Blackhawks when I finally gave up on them. In the late 90's, the Hawks were putrid and rotten from top to bottom. I finally gave up when the Kohl Center was opening and reallocated my hockey spending on Badger season tickets from catching 6-7 Hawks games from my cousins season tickets. Some point to old man Wirtz passing and the kid taking over, but the real impetus in my opinion was a 3/4ers empty arena and the powers that be there really having to have to start to listen (drafting Kane and Toews didn't hurt either). While it pains me to in essence give up and throw the towel in...it really needs to happen in mass for those that need a slap in the face to realize how bad things are.
              I told my wife that I was giving up the tickets if they didn't make a change, and she was shocked. It has been the one thing I have kept year in and year out. I am in the same boat as you and many here, that as much as I like my seats and Badger hockey, apparently, the only way to get change is to hit them in the pocketbook.
              gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

I found it very interesting the survey is out 2 months earlier than last year. Maybe they are looking for responses... I encourage all season ticket holders to fill it out quickly and let them know what you think. The large comment boxes can be used for a longer description of your opinion.

Comment

I found it very interesting the survey is out 2 months earlier than last year. Maybe they are looking for responses... I encourage all season ticket holders to fill it out quickly and let them know what you think. The large comment boxes can be used for a longer description of your opinion.
                  I can only hope they have their finger on the pulse of the disenchantment of the fan base more so then any of us think. 31% of tickets last year went unused....as in couldn't be given away. If that isn't a giant red flag warning....I'm not sure what is.

Comment

Can you post the survey on line? I'm curious.

It may be a good sign it's out 2 months earlier than normal.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                      Can you post the survey on line? I'm curious.

It may be a good sign it's out 2 months earlier than normal.
                      I will stick the url in a private message to you. Please don't share or fill it out unless you are a season ticket holder.

Comment

I will stick the url in a private message to you. Please don't share or fill it out unless you are a season ticket holder.
                        Wait... so it's just a public survey? Like a Survey Monkey thing where everyone just gets a link?
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                          While I understand your reasoning, and agree with you, I still don't like all the friendliness.

I feel like gopher fans are just pretending to be nice so I will help you change your tire, and once I've helped you will beat me, rob me and leave me to die by the side of the road.

Actually that is kind of how I feel about this season too. Replace gophers fans pretending to be nice, with Mike Eaves pretending to know how to run a traditional college hockey powerhouse (or a PP). I get sucked in by my devotion only to be beaten (this part didn't happen), robbed (literally since I paid to watch that garbage) and left for dead (I'm an idiot fan after all).
                          Very well... I will not pretend to be nice and continue to root for your team to remain in it's current state. I don't want to rock the boat by expressing any friendliness and will do my best to continue to spread the bucky hate.

Just trying to do my part. You can thank me with another bad season to be mocked endlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                            Wait... so it's just a public survey? Like a Survey Monkey thing where everyone just gets a link?
                            I guess I am not enough of tech guru to understand the ins an outs of public vs linked to my account. It's a Qualtric's??? site, that starts with www.UWMadisonQualtrics...... Once I filled it out and went back it said filled out already. Not sure the link I forwarded on would work anyways.

Sorry I can't help more.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                              Very well... I will not pretend to be nice and continue to root for your team to remain in it's current state. I don't want to rock the boat by expressing any friendliness and will do my best to continue to spread the bucky hate.

Just trying to do my part. You can thank me with another bad season to be mocked endlessly.

Typical gopher arsehole. They're all alike, even when they pretend not to be. Remember Troy.

Comment

I looked back at my emails and found the last few years when we received the surveys:

2012 April 13
                                2013 March 19
                                2014 ~May 15
                                2015 March 23

So seems like the anomaly was last year. Maybe I was reading too much into getting it so early...

Comment

Working...
                                X