Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Captain Kunin has 5 goals in the last two (somewhat lopsided) games for USA at the World Championships. Semi final showdown with Canada is on tap for tomorrow morning.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

I guess this does enforce the idea that Eaves is getting a season (hopefully just this one) to save his job.

I'll agree with others that this is counterproductive. While I don't trust the powers that be to actually do it, this makes it that much more important to make sure that we get good hires on the assistants this year. At least one of them needs to be a viable head coach to assure recruits that things will be going the right direction when the (hopefully) inevitable thing happens next season.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Is the U18 game on TV anywhere tomorrow or only streaming? I might not be out of bed in time to watch it live....

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
          Big ****ing deal. A contract that runs until 2019 wasn't extended. It's NOT ridiculous that contracts are extended, but it's ridiculous that you extend a contract that is already out there 4 years.
          I agree. With it still being 4 years, and not 5, it does not undercut Eaves at all They just lessened the buyout amount by 1 year. That is a good thing, right?

Great news on Captain Kunin!

Denver just lost a paid assistant, now UW may be competing with them for an assistant coach, but I doubt Montgomery and Eaves are traveling in the same circle.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

So I can see Bessee..Hughes and Malone front line for the Badgers. Then Rockwood..Kunin....and Frederic on 2nd line. Those would be 2 pretty good front lines which all you need to be competitive in the lowly L6 hockey conference

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
              If you come down when they're playing the Islanders, I might join you there when I drive up from Atlanta next year.
              I'll keep this post and would be cool if it dates work out.
              "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

• Originally posted by DoorCtyBadger View Post
                So I can see Bessee..Hughes and Malone front line for the Badgers. Then Rockwood..Kunin....and Frederic on 2nd line. Those would be 2 pretty good front lines which all you need to be competitive in the lowly L6 hockey conference
                Frederic is a 2016.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                  Frederic is a 2016.
                  Ty chuck....guess I will have to adjust my 2nd line...put freytag in that slot
                  Last edited by DoorCtyBadger; 04-25-2015, 02:08 PM.

Comment

I would just like to thank Chuck (Andy) for his great contributions to information and excellent writing all these years. I go back to the 60 Minute Blog with him and have enjoyed the back and forth on Twitter . At some point I must have ****ed him off because he stopped responding to me and now I see I am blocked from his handle. I apologize for whatever caused that to happen.
                    You will be missed in the Badger Hockey community. Good luck with your future endeavors.

Comment

So Eaves' contract won't be extended but he will be allowed to finish it out through the 18-19 season. Seems a bit weird to make this type of announcement so soon. Will his heart be truly invested over the next four years?! What does everyone think?

Comment

Originally posted by shelfit View Post
                        So Eaves' contract won't be extended but he will be allowed to finish it out through the 18-19 season. Seems a bit weird to make this type of announcement so soon. Will his heart be truly invested over the next four years?! What does everyone think?
                        Literally nothing has changed. The announcement was that the University didn't add an extra year to his current contract. They could do what they did, which was nothing, or extend him for an extra year. How would it have looked to the fans if they tacked an extra year on to his deal after winning four games in 34 tries? The only option was to leave the contract as it is.

Comment

I've never managed a team. But it seems difficult on recruiting to announce a coaching change so far out.
                          Go Gophers!

Comment

It's a bit presumptuous to think that he'll be allowed to finish out the 18-19 season, much less to consider this an "announced coaching change". Literally the only thing they've done is not extend his contract such as to send a message and to minimize the buyout if he gets fired.

Granted, if he didn't get fired this offseason, it's hard to imagine what he'd have to do to actually lose his job outright.

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                            I've never managed a team. But it seems difficult on recruiting to announce a coaching change so far out.
                            Tell me about it.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by MadCityRich View Post
                              Big ****ing deal. A contract that runs until 2019 wasn't extended. It's NOT ridiculous that contracts are extended, but it's ridiculous that you extend a contract that is already out there 4 years.

Jeez, I hope no feelings were hurt.

*The money I'm saving by not buying season tickets is already in a "hockey slush" fund to see the NHL in St. Paul, Chicago, and hopefully Nashville when I visit MCR Jr in Louisville........a double road trip. The U.W. hockey program won't miss my money in particular, but it looks like there are thousands more jumping the sinking ship.*
                              Pick me up, I will join you.
                              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                              Originally posted by UWisco
                              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                Granted, if he didn't get fired this offseason, it's hard to imagine what he'd have to do to actually lose his job outright.

Tell me about it.
                                Excellent point. I was shocked BA didn't can Kelsey after their digression this season. Maybe BA's bosses need to pay attention to that is going on.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X