Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
    Pipe dream:

Flyers take Eaves off our hands.
    I hate the Flyers, so maybe I should start a draft Mike Eaves effort as their new head coach. They get dogs crapping and space camp, we get a fresh start for the program.
    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
    Originally posted by UWisco
    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
      I hate the Flyers, so maybe I should start a draft Mike Eaves effort as their new head coach. They get dogs crapping and space camp, we get a fresh start for the program.
      I know this is a double whammy pipe dream.

Comment

http://m.thn.com/blog/auston-matthew...s-in-a-season/

Can't believe Wisconsin wasn't listed at the end if the article. *tongue firmly planted in cheek*

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
          Positive side of the ledger....Ben's DNA is part his mom's and part MM's......Negative side of the ledger.......Ben's DNA is part his mom's and part MM's. There's no way I want to see MM Jr as a coach. UW needs to spend big money on 2 experienced assistants. Break the freaking bank. There's reason for UW to go on the cheap.
          Eaves would be beyond stupid to bring his kid into this situation. First, nepotism reeks. Second, this regime is failing and optimistically the next time UW could be good or great is 2 years from now IF the stars align, so eaves is destined to get canned and his kid would get punted with him. Third, why saddle that kid with failure?
          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Innova View Post
            http://m.thn.com/blog/auston-matthew...s-in-a-season/

Can't believe Wisconsin wasn't listed at the end if the article. *tongue firmly planted in cheek*
            UW should be. Eaves should be doing a full court press on the guy.
            Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
            Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
            "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
            Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              UW should be. Eaves should be doing a full court press on the guy.
              Why would any expected one-and-done player even consider UW for next season? UW isn't one player (regardless of how good) away from competing for a NCAA tournament bid, let alone any type of championship.

Comment

Yeah, but we're probably a one-and-done blue chipper away from having to rent one of those fancy carpet shampooing machines a few less times this year.
                If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Auston Matthews is not going to play college hockey. If he does play college hockey, he's not coming to Wisconsin. If he does go to Wisconsin, I'll poop on my own carpet.

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                    Why would any expected one-and-done player even consider UW for next season? UW isn't one player (regardless of how good) away from competing for a NCAA tournament bid, let alone any type of championship.
                    Eaves does have a great history of prepping guys for the next level. That is his best selling point beside the U itself.
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Sounds like Mike is going way outside the box on the coaching search. Maybe outside of outside of the box.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                        Sounds like Mike is going way outside the box on the coaching search. Maybe outside of outside of the box.
                        Are we going to like the outside?
                        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                          Isnt that where he found Butters? Seriously, is he just messing with Alvarez at this point or does no one in or near the box want any part of this disaster?

Comment

Article from Baggot: http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...acb08d5cd.html
                            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by Almington View Post
                              Isnt that where he found Butters? Seriously, is he just messing with Alvarez at this point or does no one in or near the box want any part of this disaster?
                              True on your first question. Not sure on your second. I talked to a potential candidate for the job yesterday that I think would be a good hire and he said he wanted nothing to do with it, and he's applied for open jobs at UW in the past. He said now it's not worth the risk of uprooting his wife and kids, even though they are from the midwest, with the program in the state that it's in. Not worth the risk if they go 10-24 next season and get fired. Doesn't mean that's how everyone feels, but I thought it was telling.

It does sound like Barry will have final say on the hires. Which is a change from the past.
                              Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 04-19-2015, 10:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                                Like Bags wrote, I too heard last night that Eaves was up in Penticton checking on Jost and Fabbro. Wisconsin still has the advantage in the fact Fabbro's dad hired former Badger Maco Balkovec to run his youth program (Burnaby Winter Club). I've heard that Boston College has come hard after Fabbro, but that the dad wants him to go to UW. Who knows what happens in the end, but Wisconsin is still in the hunt.

Comment

Working...
                                X