Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
    Agree....we are not going from being one of the most impotent offenses in the entire nation to even mediocre when you subtract Zullnick, & Labate who were two of the top 3. While I like Malone and think he comes in a can be productive (how productive?....not seeing a 40 point guy especially w/o much surrounding cast), Freytag and Kunin (if he makes it in) are only 18 and I don't suspect they are going to be dynamic offensive forces. Freytag was tied for 101 in scoring in the USHL at 15 & 15 for 30 points in 49 games....if he went for 10 and 10....that would probably be really good. Kunin was 10 goals and 4 assists for 14 points in 20 games....that don't scream impact offense to me. We were awful with a senior goalie that was among the most decorated in school history....to expect a true 18 year old frosh to come into the mess that is currently the Badgers and not miss a beat is a wee bit optimistic to say the least.
    I agree with all of this for the most part. The biggest jumps you have to hope for are from Cameron Hughes and Adam Rockwood. I have quite a bit of faith that both will take substantial leaps forward next season. I could see both doubling their point totals from year 1 to year 2. The other thing you have to hope for is more offense from the back end, especially Kevin Schulze and Jack Dougherty. Those two have the ability to be 20-point guys if they continue to run the top PP.

I'd say by default there has to be more scoring from sheer luck as there's no way you can possibly be as bad as last year. But then again who knows.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Law of averages says its **** near impossible to be as bad as last year.
      If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        There's no way next year's team will be worse. I agree with Gandalf's assessment and most importantly there will be 2 new coaches behind the bench. The goaltending will be in good hands; and the shots allowed will be down, helping young Mr. Olpilka out. I see double digit wins Baby!

Is there any info on how Grunwald looked in practice last year? Will Miller or Grunwald be the back-up?
        Do we know for sure there will be new coaches? there has not been anything official from the university. Now I say that facetiously, but why hasn't there been an official press release on the coaches?
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
          Do we know for sure there will be new coaches? there has not been anything official from the university. Now I say that facetiously, but why hasn't there been an official press release on the coaches?
          Likely because new coaches have not yet been hired. With the contracts to the assistant coaches expiring in June (IIRC), Eaves may have been told to slow the process so as to not have to pay 4 coaches for 2+ months.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
            Law of averages says its **** near impossible to be as bad as last year.
            This was part of my thoughts too. Is Bucky headed to the playoffs? Hell no. Can they win 10 games? I am very hopeful. Is that good enough? Also no, but as long as they get some time practicing in Zero G, they will be ready for Tampa...just not at the Frozen Four.
            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
            Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
            Originally posted by UWisco
            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

• Originally posted by Almington View Post
              Likely because new coaches have not yet been hired. With the contracts to the assistant coaches expiring in June (IIRC), Eaves may have been told to slow the process so as to not have to pay 4 coaches for 2+ months.
              Even still, it wouldn't be hard to send a press release saying that the assistant coaches contacts will not be renewed when they expire this summer. Saying nothing just seems odd to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                Even still, it wouldn't be hard to send a press release saying that the assistant coaches contacts will not be renewed when they expire this summer. Saying nothing just seems odd to me.
                Does Eaves have any pets? Perhaps he's trying to convince Barry to cut out the middleman and just bring in actual puppies as his assistant coaches that will show the players how not to crap on the carpet.
                Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

• Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                  Does Eaves have any pets? Perhaps he's trying to convince Barry to cut out the middleman and just bring in actual puppies as his assistant coaches that will show the players how not to crap on the carpet.
                  Hahaha.That's funny. Somewhat? related... there is a theory floating out there he could fill one of the spots with his son Ben. He coached at D3 St. Olaf last year.

Comment

Hahaha.That's funny. Somewhat? related... there is a theory floating out there he could fill one of the spots with his son Ben. He coached at D3 St. Olaf last year.
                    Eaves can't be that stupid to hire another coach with no experience, even if it is his son. Unless he knows next year is his last and he figures he will get his kid some experience. It would be another disaster hire....
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

I'm not advocating for it but one thing you might get with Ben is a good price. I believe the assistants made around $230k between them last year. Say a guy like Ben takes only $80k, that would leave $150k in that budget for a top assistant, which would probably be pretty competitive dollars for anybody that's not currently a head coach.
                      Originally posted by WiscTJK
                      I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                      Originally posted by Timothy A
                      Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                        I've never coached anything in my life, or played hockey, but I've house trained foster dogs before, maybe I can be the new assistant.

Comment

Pipe dream:

Flyers take Eaves off our hands.

Comment

Originally posted by bucky15 View Post
                            Pipe dream:

Flyers take Eaves off our hands.
                            I'm still going with my pipe dream: The Badgers nab Mike Babcock, who is about to be a free agent. Just show him Babcock Dairy and Babcock Drive, and he'll be convinced.

Comment

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                              I'm still going with my pipe dream: The Badgers nab Mike Babcock, who is about to be a free agent. Just show him Babcock Dairy and Babcock Drive, and he'll be convinced.
                              If your pipe dream happened, Canadian's heads would explode.

Eaves has a history with the Flyers and they just let go their staff.....still a pipe dream.

Comment

Positive side of the ledger....Ben's DNA is part his mom's and part MM's......Negative side of the ledger.......Ben's DNA is part his mom's and part MM's. There's no way I want to see MM Jr as a coach. UW needs to spend big money on 2 experienced assistants. Break the freaking bank. There's reason for UW to go on the cheap.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X