Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
    Holy Crap.....how appropriate. I don't want to freak out negatively until I see who MM hires to rehab him and the lads.

Thinking back, the fact UW lost to that D5 team early in the year in the scrimmage was a little more meaningful than was thought or hoped.
    Tied, but I guess the point remains the same.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Before you pay for those season tickets realize you have an exhibition game vs. Trinity Western (Canadian CIS school) on Jan. 1 to pay for. Just sayin'...

LINK

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        Before you pay for those season tickets realize you have an exhibition game vs. Trinity Western (Canadian CIS school) on Jan. 1 to pay for. Just sayin'...

LINK
        and the only marque nonconference home series is Denver. At least you'll get Minnesota and Michigan in conference at home too...so a far cry from the end in the WCHA where the one season there was no North Dakota, no Sat night Minnesota (Soldiers Field game), and no Denver at home and the only marque home Sat night game was Miami. Yeah...I am so not missing having to pay full price (and then some with Badger Fund contributions) to see a exhibition against a CIS school (although I think it is Friday night season ticketholders turn to get the shaft). Combine that with losing Boesser and Zullnick (and Kunin in some doubt too) and the writing is on the wall for another Eaves offensively challenged team with literally no forward depth (unless Eaves pulls multiple rabbits out of his you know what). Trying to avoid naming specific kids cause it is not their fault....but we had kids playing last year that really don't belong on the roster much less actually playing and they seem destine to having an even more prominent role this fall by default.
        Last edited by markwojo; 04-15-2015, 01:16 PM.

Comment

LINK
          Who is this team (and what is CIS) and why the heck are they on the schedule?
          Last edited by WiscTJK; 04-15-2015, 02:19 PM.
          gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
            Who is this team (and what is CIS) and why the heck are they on the schedule?
            CIS is the governing body of college athletics in Canada. There's usually a handful of exhibition games between CIS and NCAA teams every year, and they're usually the week before week 1.

Comment

LINK
              So, Wisconsin @ Michigan Tech is definitely 2016-17 then?
              Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                So, Wisconsin @ Michigan Tech is definitely 2016-17 then?
                Yeah, I guess so. Kind of forgot about that. From what I can tell they are at the 34 game max with 20 league games, plus at UND (x2), Arizona State (x2), at Ferris State (x2), at BU (x1), at BC (x1), Alaska (x2), Denver (x2), Northern (x2).

Comment

There's a round-up of NHL Badgers on UWBadgers.com, for anyone interested.

Comment

Does anyone recall how long a job has to be posted @ UW before they can officially offer or hire?
                    Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                    Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                    Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                    "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                    Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by markwojo View Post
                      Combine that with losing Boesser and Zullnick (and Kunin in some doubt too) and the writing is on the wall for another Eaves offensively challenged team with literally no forward depth (unless Eaves pulls multiple rabbits out of his you know what). Trying to avoid naming specific kids cause it is not their fault....but we had kids playing last year that really don't belong on the roster much less actually playing and they seem destine to having an even more prominent role this fall by default.
                      Exactly. There are kids on the team that are not D-1 type guys, it sucks to say it but it's true and next season looks like it will be worse.
                      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                        Exactly. There are kids on the team that are not D-1 type guys, it sucks to say it but it's true and next season looks like it will be worse.
                        Honestly I'm not sure how next season could possibly be worse. The seniors are gone, and besides Rumpel that might be addition by subtraction. Sorry to be mean, but there wasn't much talent there. The main question is goal tending, and I will give that the benefit of the doubt until I see how it shakes out. The freshman class isn't horrible, and the soon to be sophomores will be much improved.

And we have Mike Eaves back so good things are bound to happen between the team putting hay in the barn, Apollo 13 training at space camp, and puppies crapping in various places.
                        Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                        Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                        Originally posted by UWisco
                        It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

There's no way next year's team will be worse. I agree with Gandalf's assessment and most importantly there will be 2 new coaches behind the bench. The goaltending will be in good hands; and the shots allowed will be down, helping young Mr. Olpilka out. I see double digit wins Baby!

Is there any info on how Grunwald looked in practice last year? Will Miller or Grunwald be the back-up?
                          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                            Honestly I'm not sure how next season could possibly be worse. The seniors are gone, and besides Rumpel that might be addition by subtraction. Sorry to be mean, but there wasn't much talent there. The main question is goal tending, and I will give that the benefit of the doubt until I see how it shakes out. The freshman class isn't horrible, and the soon to be sophomores will be much improved.

And we have Mike Eaves back so good things are bound to happen between the team putting hay in the barn, Apollo 13 training at space camp, and puppies crapping in various places.
                            Don't forget turning the ship around! Unless of course it's already at the bottom of the metaphorical ocean.

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                              There's no way next year's team will be worse. I agree with Gandalf's assessment and most importantly there will be 2 new coaches behind the bench. The goaltending will be in good hands; and the shots allowed will be down, helping young Mr. Olpilka out. I see double digit wins Baby!

Is there any info on how Grunwald looked in practice last year? Will Miller or Grunwald be the back-up?
                              I love the optimism but where does the scoring come from? Who sets up Besse? I see *at least* 5 guys in the projected line-up that really shouldn't be playing starting roles for UW. I hope the defense improves because brother they're really going to need it
                              Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

I love the optimism but where does the scoring come from? Who sets up Besse? I see *at least* 5 guys in the projected line-up that really shouldn't be playing starting roles for UW. I hope the defense improves because brother they're really going to need it
                                Agree....we are not going from being one of the most impotent offenses in the entire nation to even mediocre when you subtract Zullnick, & Labate who were two of the top 3. While I like Malone and think he comes in a can be productive (how productive?....not seeing a 40 point guy especially w/o much surrounding cast), Freytag and Kunin (if he makes it in) are only 18 and I don't suspect they are going to be dynamic offensive forces. Freytag was tied for 101 in scoring in the USHL at 15 & 15 for 30 points in 49 games....if he went for 10 and 10....that would probably be really good. Kunin was 10 goals and 4 assists for 14 points in 20 games....that don't scream impact offense to me. We were awful with a senior goalie that was among the most decorated in school history....to expect a true 18 year old frosh to come into the mess that is currently the Badgers and not miss a beat is a wee bit optimistic to say the least.

Comment

Working...
                                X