Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Yep. Eaves should make like a tree and...
    get outta here? /BiffTannen
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Scottyp View Post
        Hmmm. I wonder how much an ad in the WSJ costs. Maybe we could pool our money we saved by not renewing our hockey tickets and submit an ad of our own. I bet we could craft an ad that would really get the athletic department's attention....
        That, from an outsider's point of view, is a very good idea.
        Maybe not now that the staff seems pretty well set for next year, as I can understand the desire/need to not do anything to negatively affect the moral of the guys currently on the roster. But immediately after next season, if the season doesn't show SIGNIFICANT improvement...

I've come close to writing the Wisco athletic dept. a letter myself, as a Gopher fan. It's frustrating even to me that a coach who presides over a 4-win season, at a semi-storied program like Wisco, still has his job

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
          Yep. Eaves should make like a tree and...
          Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
          Unfortunately, for us, the answer seems to have been "take root".
          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Great ad. After reading it I'm brimming with optimism. So much, in fact, that I hope they re-work the player introductions yet again and this time elect to have them narrated by Rod Serling. Granted it won't really fix anything, which would make it quite similar to the half-hearted ad that about 46 people bothered to read, but unlike the ad...it would at least befit reality.

Wisconsin Hockey: The Twimike Zone
            I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

It's a really good thing when marketing people are the driving force of a hockey program. The program should sell itself. This one used to.
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Scottyp View Post
                Hmmm. I wonder how much an ad in the WSJ costs. Maybe we could pool our money we saved by not renewing our hockey tickets and submit an ad of our own. I bet we could craft an ad that would really get the athletic department's attention....
                I would contribute to this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                  It's a really good thing when marketing people are the driving force of a hockey program. The program should sell itself. This one used to.
                  They know that they have a problem with disgruntled fans and season ticket holders are abandoning in droves and the survey likely indicated that the exodus was only going to dramatically increase.

They have two big levers to pull: replace the head coach (which didn't happen) or drop the prices on season ticket packages with a one time loyalty discount (which they really don't want to do because it sets the stage for future discounts)

it seems like they are going to try everything else for the 2015-16 season and save those two options for the following season. Of course the problems all start and end with eaves, so anything other than replacing him is just a bandaid

Comment

Originally posted by Red_Rob View Post
                    I would contribute to this.
                    Take this with a grain of salt, but here is what I found in relation to advertising rates for the State Journal.

http://www.media-brokers.com/newspap...urnal-817.aspx
                    Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                      Take this with a grain of salt, but here is what I found in relation to advertising rates for the State Journal.

http://www.media-brokers.com/newspap...urnal-817.aspx
                      so 10,022 / 400 = 25.055

If we contributed our season ticket money to that, it's not too many fans. But to convince people to donate that much maybe a stretch. Maybe some of the alumni who are telling players to avoid the program can pitch in.

Comment

So, if all this Under Armour stuff is to be believed I'm curious to see how it impacts the look of our hockey team. As much of a staunch traditionalist as I am most of the time, I'd be curious to see what UA does to the look of our athletic department, and cautiously optimistic that it might be cool instead of obnoxious.
                        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                          So, if all this Under Armour stuff is to be believed I'm curious to see how it impacts the look of our hockey team. As much of a staunch traditionalist as I am most of the time, I'd be curious to see what UA does to the look of our athletic department, and cautiously optimistic that it might be cool instead of obnoxious.
                          This is sadly where we have arrived at, getting excited about a change in who creates the gear the players wear and it sold in Bucky's Locker Room.

I saw this too and thought the same thing about if the hockey jerseys could get an upgrade.
                          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                          Originally posted by UWisco
                          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                            This is sadly where we have arrived at, getting excited about a change in who creates the gear the players wear and it sold in Bucky's Locker Room.

I saw this too and thought the same thing about if the hockey jerseys could get an upgrade.
                            I still cling to my old CCM/WCHA jerseys like a comfortable blanket. Although, I do have to say that I did like some of the alternate jerseys that they came up with over the past few years.
                            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by gwhinwi View Post
                              I still cling to my old CCM/WCHA jerseys like a comfortable blanket. Although, I do have to say that I did like some of the alternate jerseys that they came up with over the past few years.
                              The CCM jerseys are still the best! I have a few and like you will not part w/ those.

I do have some alternate jerseys from those auctions; some i like, some I hate and wish I had the money in my pocket instead. Luckily, I haven't been excited enough about any players since 2010 which has saved me alot of money. I should add, as excited as I was about Hobey Baker, the Bohmber, etc.
                              Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                              Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                              Originally posted by UWisco
                              It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                                So, if all this Under Armour stuff is to be believed.....
                                What is the deal with Under Armour you are talking about?

It's great to see WI born and bred Ross Mauermann win the title Saturday with Providence. He ended up with 112 points in his career, averaged 28 pts a year. And he ended up one of their Captains. He outscored the much more highly touted Labate every year. I know recruiting is not an exact science, but based on his scoring @ Providence, he would have been a solid player for UW. If I recall correctly, Eaves did not offer him anything.
                                Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                                Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                                Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                                "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                                Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Working...
                                X