Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    Youth was never and will never be a problem. Talent and coaching are the fundamental underpinnings of winning hockey and winning titles. Though Eaves did successfully sell that youth excuse in the past.
    Successfully sell it in the past? He sells this excuse 2 out of 4 years during every recruiting "cycle" of unbalanced classes. While other teams win with young players, Eaves sends them to Space Camp to ready for a future mission of winning once every 4 years.

I think Eaves really would be a good politician. He makes countless excuses, takes no responsibility for his shortcoming or failings, tunes out people who are unhappy w/ him (fans vs voters) and is a self absorbed, arrogant dbag. I think BA keeps Eaves around because Eaves reminds BA of himself. It sure isn't Bo Ryan....
    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
    Originally posted by UWisco
    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
      Zulinick is leaving the team.
      He can come up to SNC. They have done well with D1 transfers in the past. Their leading goal scorer this season is a young father whose college playing career began at Fairbanks. He could win some games too in the process...

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
        Ugh. Well I understand this because of his son.
        Can't get on someone for wanting to be involved with their kid but I don't think you can totally divorce his leaving from the issues surrounding the team. Much easier to leave for a good reason when staying leaves you in the middle of a dumpster fire.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
          While other teams win with young players, Eaves sends them to Space Camp to ready for a future mission of winning once every 4 years.

I think Eaves really would be a good politician.
          Don't tell Eaves about Space Camp, he'll start fantasizing about playing the Tom Skerritt role of teaching the unprepared kids to do something impossible.

Also, he is a lot like a politician. Every four years he gives you a great bit of build up with a ton of promises, but follows it up with a descent into 3 years of doing next to nothing but getting ready for another run in 4 years.
          Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by RedStripes View Post
            Can't get on someone for wanting to be involved with their kid but I don't think you can totally divorce his leaving from the issues surrounding the team. Much easier to leave for a good reason when staying leaves you in the middle of a dumpster fire.
            I think you're vastly underestimating the character of some of these kids. There's nothing easy about leaving the program or your friends and teammates when they are in a crisis. If they were loaded and didn't need him it would be a much easier decision.
            Originally posted by WiscTJK
            I'm with Wisko and Tim.
            Originally posted by Timothy A
            Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
              I think you're vastly underestimating the character of some of these kids. There's nothing easy about leaving the program or your friends and teammates when they are in a crisis. If they were loaded and didn't need him it would be a much easier decision.
              Very possible as I have never met Morgan. But I think for most people its a lot easier to leave a bad situation than a good one.

Comment

As I briefly mentioned on the blog today this has been building for a long time. I believe a major reason he ended up redshirting his freshman year was because of the birth of Noah. Obviously he was hurt for a good chunk of time, but he could have returned with I'd say 1/3 of the season remaining. I remember going to practice one day and seeing him skate and wondering why on earth he was still listed as out with an injury. But in the end I think it was probably good for him to focus on what was important in his life at the time, which was his family and school. And obviously he's prioritizing those things again. Had to be an incredibly tough decision. I wish him nothing but the best moving forward.

Comment

If ever there was a right reason to make a decision of any kind, it's for your kid.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                    If ever there was a right reason to make a decision of any kind, it's for your kid.
                    You bet. 100% correct
                    gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Best wishes and God's Blessings to Zully. Some day Noah might be a great legacy recruit for UW.

Zully embodies a common theme among Eaves' players in that he was never able to extract game performance out of him that matched is talent. Hopefully the new coaches will be able to correct this flaw.
                      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

• Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
                        Best wishes and God's Blessings to Zully. Some day Noah might be a great legacy recruit for UW.

Zully embodies a common theme among Eaves' players in that he was never able to extract game performance out of him that matched is talent. Hopefully the new coaches will be able to correct this flaw.
                        In this case, I don't really fault Eaves in this specific case. Very little that coaches can do at the college level to help with family issues of all types.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                          Successfully sell it in the past? He sells this excuse 2 out of 4 years during every recruiting "cycle" of unbalanced classes. While other teams win with young players, Eaves sends them to Space Camp to ready for a future mission of winning once every 4 years.

I think Eaves really would be a good politician. He makes countless excuses, takes no responsibility for his shortcoming or failings, tunes out people who are unhappy w/ him (fans vs voters) and is a self absorbed, arrogant dbag. I think BA keeps Eaves around because Eaves reminds BA of himself. It sure isn't Bo Ryan....
                          SPOT ON

Eaves IS a ******cougar (hey, it sounds funny to me), has 1000 excuses for underperformance or **** performance, is clueless and arrogant and evidently cannot hear the Terms of Enrampagement the UW Hockey fans are on right now. I just cannot contain my anger at this point. I think I'll have to leave another message w/the AD (a diplomatically worded angrygram).

You just wonder how clueless (...or careless? apathetic?) Alvarez and King really are. The KC could get down to 4k per game next year for hockey and I'm not being hyperbolic w/that estimate. Look at the line charts Chuck/Andy posted. Holy **** this team is in trouble and we haven't started the summer yet. What if 1-2 kids decide to transfer to different schools?
                          Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Apparently there were a lot of Wisconsin fans at the Frozen Four this year. That's kind of neat, I guess.

Comment

John Ramage played in the NHL tonight? That's pretty neat, too!

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                                Apparently there were a lot of Wisconsin fans at the Frozen Four this year. That's kind of neat, I guess.
                                Yes there was.
                                WISCONSIN BADGERS
                                NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
                                WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
                                WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
                                B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
                                Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Working...
                                X