Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by TUSCHWI View Post
    The Boeser fiasco is mind-boggling, especially when he was playing in Madison. How they could not have someone there to show him and his family some love is beyond me.
    I don't know... much has been made of that weekend, but Boeser made his decision public the following week. Without more specific information it seems pretty likely that the book was closed on Boeser before he played in Madison, either from the Badger's side of things, or more likely, Boeser's side. If Boeser's side, it wouldn't be surprising that UW was aware of it, given the fact that Dan Boeser played for Eaves. Boeser is making a life changing decision and it doesn't seem logical at all to me that weekend had anything to do with it. (i.e. Boeser thinking "They didn't come to my game! Screw them, I'm going to UND!" He's young, but he's not 12.) It does seem logical that the decision regarding his playing in Madison from one side or both was made prior to that and announced the following week.
    Originally posted by WiscTJK
    I'm with Wisko and Tim.
    Originally posted by Timothy A
    Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by Wisko McBadgerton View Post
      I don't know... much has been made of that weekend, but Boeser made his decision public the following week. Without more specific information it seems pretty likely that the book was closed on Boeser before he played in Madison, either from the Badger's side of things, or more likely, Boeser's side. If Boeser's side, it wouldn't be surprising that UW was aware of it, given the fact that Dan Boeser played for Eaves. Boeser is making a life changing decision and it doesn't seem logical at all to me that weekend had anything to do with it. (i.e. Boeser thinking "They didn't come to my game! Screw them, I'm going to UND!" He's young, but he's not 12.) It does seem logical that the decision regarding his playing in Madison from one side or both was made prior to that and announced the following week.
      None of this is accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
        None of this is accurate.
        Holy ****, Boeser is 12? That would make him the Doogie Howser of hockey.

In all seriousness, I have to agree that it's much more plausible that no one coming to see him at the Coliseum was the straw that broke the camel's back than it is to think that it had little to nothing to do with it because he had to have made up his mind previously. Or that it's immature to think that it might have soured him on UW.
        If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

• Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

In all seriousness, I have to agree that it's much more plausible that no one coming to see him at the Coliseum was the straw that broke the camel's back than it is to think that it had little to nothing to do with it because he had to have made up his mind previously. Or that it's immature to think that it might have soured him on UW.
          I don't know the extent of the effects, but I know he had not made a final decision

Comment

I don't know the extent of the effects, but I know he had not made a final decision
            He had not ruled out Wisconsin at that point?
            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

But he did de-commit, so what were the odds that a full court press after the de-commit would have re-secured his services? I think it was not likely as one would have thought it would take ALOT of negativity to have him jump ship to begin with. (and of course the negativity is the 100% fault of the staff). I think at the point of the game at the Caps game it was all but too late to fix the situation. Did he actually sign on the dotted line with the sue or can UW steal him back with a new recruiting guru?
              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

It's a bit of a conflict interest for me to answer some of these questions. I've probably said what I can and more already.

Comment

It's a bit of a conflict interest for me to answer some of these questions. I've probably said what I can and more already.
                  Understand, you can't jeopardize your job.

What's so surprising is that there must be alumni, boosters, hockey insiders, and those in the athletic department that know this, and they still didn't make a head coaching change. It has to be they don't want to buy out Eaves contract. It is a big mistake to save pennies to pay dimes later with additional lost gate revenue. I just don't get it.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

After reading both Chuck/Andy's excellent write-up and Andy B's I'm even more ****ed that Eaves was retained.

"I told him that some alums were mocking his 13-year tenure — which includes an NCAA title in 2006 and a runner-up finish in 2010 — and some were going so far as to nudge elite recruits elsewhere."

ok, I don't know what's more shocking, the constant ****-ups on the recruiting trail (and let's not kid ourselves that not sending a coach to watch and talk to Boeser didn't close the book, if the book was closed prior to that weekend the kid would have announced sooner) or the fact there are UW alums steering recruits to other schools. HOLY ****!!!! Are you serious? I actually think that 2nd fact alone should be enough to insure Eaves' fate. You cannot absolutely CANNOT have ex-players steering kids away from your school. What message does that send? How could you EVER clear such a drastic hurdle?

How Eaves doesn't get fired due to the above points is beyond me. How does UW win right now with recruiting? They cannot. I'm sure most kids are aware his job is in jeopardy so why visit? They have 0 clue who they'll be playing for ultimately because if Eaves musters 12 wins only he's probably gone. I think he needs 20+ and an NCAA bid to save his job (that is of course if Barry "I'm not a hockey guy" Alvarez does HIS own AD job with any semblance of competence) but even then, the stench from the past season and the perpetual up's and down's of this program under Eaves have to have kids wondering why they'd choose Wisconsin.

I cannot believe what has transpired in the past season and I'm ****ed off and saddened beyond belief. Wisconsin hockey is now a once-was sport, pure and simple. Anyone (mcbadgerton I'm looking at you) who thinks this program is on any kind of footing to compete against teams #11-50 right now are fooling themselves. Forget about Top 10, they have to actually crack the Top ****ing 50 first...ya know? Climb that mountain, whatever.

Fire Eaves, just do it Barry or the Kohl Center on hockey nights will have less than 7k per game next year.
                    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirtless Guy View Post
                      He had not ruled out Wisconsin at that point?
                      Does it really matter? The fact that UW didn't even appear to try by just showing up is disgraceful and pathetic.
                      Last edited by Almington; 04-09-2015, 08:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post

In all seriousness, I have to agree that it's much more plausible that no one coming to see him at the Coliseum was the straw that broke the camel's back
                        It's possible he's 12 I suppose. As I doubt being in 6th grade actually disqualifies a kid from playing for the Nodak's.

As to the rest, if you're saying that straw moved him from 98% to 100% not going to UW, then I guess that's plausible. Is it the reason he's not coming to UW? No.
                        Originally posted by WiscTJK
                        I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                        Originally posted by Timothy A
                        Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Originally posted by RedStripes View Post
                          Being the new guy around here, I would really like to say something positive once in a while. But these two quotes from Eaves in the news article are funny.

"I’ve not heard any of this venom,” he said, leaning back in his chair. “Nobody’s come up to me and shared this venom with me. I would love the opportunity to hear some of it."
                          then later in the article:

Eaves said there’s nothing he can do about those angry voices, so he tunes them out.

Hmmmm
                          Even if the two quotes are not related (as Shirtless Guy suggested), the fact that he denies hearing "any of this venom" changes my mind on Eaves. He shouldn't be fired, he should be committed to a mental hospital because he is bat sh*t crazy and completely delusional about the situation.
                          Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                          Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                          Originally posted by UWisco
                          It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
                            "I told him that some alums were mocking his 13-year tenure — which includes an NCAA title in 2006 and a runner-up finish in 2010 — and some were going so far as to nudge elite recruits elsewhere."
                            Holy hell. I had only read Chuck's article.

But now I'm reading this and I just don't know how to process this.

How can this possibly be allowed to stand?

I'm officially done spending money on UW athletics. If I could ask for BTN-free cable right now (AKA if such a thing existed legally right now), I would.

Eaves needs to be gone, and probably Alvarez too, before I come back.
                            If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

I went from attending 15-20 home games in 2010 to 1 last year to 0 next year.

BA and Eaves, are steering the UW program into what will be looked back on as the dark period. What is the realistic over/under for wins next season? 10? Mich St and Penn St are not the for sure wins that we thought they would be when the B1G started. Realistically, what would be a successful season 15 wins?

The most pathetic stat of the season (that I feel doesn't get brought up enough) is that this team only scored 59 goals. That ties the NCAA record for most scored by ONE individual. That falls on Eaves, his style, his lack of scouting of players and his recruiting tactics.

He canned the two asst's that he hired. Bad hires by a coach who appears to have lost his touch with the current state of college hockey....or people are finally figuring out who/what he is.

Comment

I just read Andy Baggot's article. Has Eaves lost his mind? He likened the season to a space mission?!?!?!?

Some crazy mission leading puppies on a ship across an ocean with space debris falling from the sky....when you finally land you have to climb a huge mountain with puppies that have to pee and poop every hour. No wonder they only won 4 games.

When I read the words "Apollo 13" in this UW hockey article I almost spit my coffee out from laughter.

Comment

Working...
                                X