Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by KaMiGo View Post
    That's part of the master plan!

Alex and a few other kids from this year's freshman class decide to transfer, a few current commits decide to adjust their timing with coming to campus and BAM you get balanced classes.

You all got what you wanted, right? Balanced recruiting classes was the big deal that was holding us back, right?
    There's a myriad of issues, and unbalanced classes is just one of those issues. Alex Shuchuk potentially leaving the program isn't going to have an effect one way or another.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
      What was OSU's issue with Oz? His results weren't horrible and he was starting to get some good recruits. I recall something about maybe him griping about facilities, but it's all lost in the ether now.
      From what I have been told the hockey facilities at OSU are not the problem. What people are saying they need a hockey only facility to keep up with the rest of the Big Ten and I guess they are supposedly working on it. I can't remember if they want to open it 2018 or 2019.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

In the words of Meat Loaf,

.......Now don't be sad
        'Cause two out of three ain't bad
        Now don't be sad
        'Cause two out of three ain't bad.......
        Actually 2 out of 3 won't do it for me. I get the trifecta, then I renew.....not before.

Andy Baggot called this a shocking development. ***? I like Andy, but really? Didn't he expect anything to happen?
        "Show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." Vince Lombardi

"License to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations. Man; free to kill gophers at will. To kill, you must know your enemy, and in this case, my enemy is a varmint....and a varmint will never quit...ever. They're like Viet Cong...Varmint Cong, so you have to fall back on superior intelligence and superior firepower...and that's all she wrote. Au revoir, gopher." Karl Spackler 1980

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
          From what I know from friends the BADgers should not hire Oz as a head coach or they will run into the exact same problems OSU had. Bad idea, bad idea, bad idea.
          This is from the person who gave me negative rep.

"nope. UW already has good facilities"

I agree UW already has good facilities. So I don't know where you go that I disagree with you.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
            This is from the person who gave me negative rep.

"nope. UW already has good facilities"

I agree UW already has good facilities. So I don't know where you go that I disagree with you.
            Then how will have they same problems OSU has? OSU has facility issues that Oz was unsuccessful in improving. UW has excellent facilities, so I don't see how hiring Oz will result in the same problems at UW that OSU had.

Maybe I don't understand what makes Oz a "bad idea" from your post.

And if it bothers you that much, I'll give you some positive rep points when able...
            St. Norbert College Green Knights
            NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
            NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
            NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
            ---
            SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by GB Puck Fan View Post
              Then how will have they same problems OSU has? OSU has facility issues that Oz was unsuccessful in improving. UW has excellent facilities, so I don't see how hiring Oz will result in the same problems at UW that OSU had.

Maybe I don't understand what makes Oz a "bad idea" from your post.

And if it bothers you that much, I'll give you some positive rep points when able...
              Like everybody I believed the reason Oz left OSU was the facilities. I started to ask around and see what happened. I was told OSU facilities are in line with the rest of the Big Ten. Since, the school has plenty of money OSU has a plan to build a hockey specific stadium sometime between 2018 and 2020. . Moreover, in my opinion without getting into it I would not hire him at my school.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianaBadger1995 View Post
                I still think Schuchuk gets fired.

Btw, I love the thread title haha
                I got it right. Though it's not hard considering the circumstances...

Comment

New articles from Baggot and Chuck:

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...f0338300a.html

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2015...istant-coaches

Andy/chuck questioned this on twitter - why no press releases from the UW on the changes....
                  Last edited by WiscTJK; 04-09-2015, 09:17 AM.
                  gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                    New articles from Baggot and Chuck:

http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...f0338300a.html

http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2015...istant-coaches

Andy/chuck questioned this on twitter - why no press releases from the UW on the changes....
                    Chuck's article is both incredibly brutal and incredibly honest in the recruiting woes breakdown. Is Eaves living in 2003? This is another reason for him to be canned, if he is not keeping up with the times, especially in recruiting (and scoring goals [though that was always a problem given his system]) then UW needs someone who is on top of his game. This would be like me ignoring all my clients at my job, if I do that someone else is talking to them and pretty soon I have no more clients, no more work and likely no more job. The name and tradition of Wisconsin is not enough, and if Eaves doesn't realize that, he should go find some midget team to coach somewhere.

I was pretty set on actually renewing my friday night tix yesterday, but now I'm ****ed again and that is in doubt.
                    Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                    Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                    Originally posted by UWisco
                    It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

Being the new guy around here, I would really like to say something positive once in a while. But these two quotes from Eaves in the news article are funny.

"I’ve not heard any of this venom,” he said, leaning back in his chair. “Nobody’s come up to me and shared this venom with me. I would love the opportunity to hear some of it."
                      then later in the article:

Eaves said there’s nothing he can do about those angry voices, so he tunes them out.

Hmmmm

Comment

Originally posted by RedStripes View Post
                        Being the new guy around here, I would really like to say something positive once in a while. But these two quotes from Eaves in the news article are funny.

"I’ve not heard any of this venom,” he said, leaning back in his chair. “Nobody’s come up to me and shared this venom with me. I would love the opportunity to hear some of it."
                        then later in the article:

Eaves said there’s nothing he can do about those angry voices, so he tunes them out.

Hmmmm
                        that 2nd quote was about the angry voices over him firing his assistants, at least that's how I took it.
                        Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

Fair enough. I read it more broadly the first time through.

Comment

Originally posted by Gandalf the Red View Post
                            Chuck's article is both incredibly brutal and incredibly honest in the recruiting woes breakdown. Is Eaves living in 2003? This is another reason for him to be canned, if he is not keeping up with the times, especially in recruiting (and scoring goals [though that was always a problem given his system]) then UW needs someone who is on top of his game. This would be like me ignoring all my clients at my job, if I do that someone else is talking to them and pretty soon I have no more clients, no more work and likely no more job. The name and tradition of Wisconsin is not enough, and if Eaves doesn't realize that, he should go find some midget team to coach somewhere.

I was pretty set on actually renewing my friday night tix yesterday, but now I'm ****ed again and that is in doubt.
                            Wow. I agree with Gandalf 100%. I'm ********ng ****ed off again. Great articles by the way too. Honest, brutal but honest. After reading them, I do not see how BA could keep Eaves. The Boeser fiasco is mind-boggling, especially when he was playing in Madison. How they could not have someone there to show him and his family some love is beyond me. An assistant, maybe a cute co-ed or grad assistant..I'm not saying go all Tennessee on him (or whatever school had the special "female co-ed recruiting squad") but for christ sake, at least show some interest and reinforce that his time here in Madison will be fantastic.
                            Go Badgers!

Comment

“It was a successful failure because this ship was held together, and guys continued to improve and grow as people and as hockey players.”

Read more: http://host.madison.com/sports/colle...#ixzz3WpoXPP1u

I'm not sure any sane person would ever call a failure a success.....by definition a failure will never be a success unless you it was your plan to fail.
                              Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
                              ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                              Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
                              "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
                              Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Eavisms have grown very old. Climbing the mountain or putting hay in the barn used to be mildly amusing.

Comment

Working...
                                X