Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
    And to prove my point about Alvarez caring solely about football (or maybe 90% football, 10% basketball), why isn't the AD moving toward getting a baseball team again? He doesn't want to divert resources (and attention) away from football, fact.
    I can't tell if you're being facetious or not.

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
      I can't tell if you're being facetious or not.
      well...some badger fund contributor's I know have inquired about baseball. the answers they've received have lead them to believe that baseball is not coming back while BA is AD and for the simple reason that he doesn't want to divert resources from football. Take from that what you will.
      Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by solovsfett View Post
        well...some badger fund contributor's I know have inquired about baseball. the answers they've received have lead them to believe that baseball is not coming back while BA is AD and for the simple reason that he doesn't want to divert resources from football. Take from that what you will.
        That's weird. I don't want to negate what was said, but everything I had understood about baseball here was that the 5-sport cut in the '90s was that it was to get the athletic department operating entirely within the black (while also being Title IX compliant). It's not like it would be a big moneymaker, despite what random facebook users would like to believe. I suppose part of that would have to do with resources being diverted from other sports, which includes football.

Comment

Mike Eaves has fired Shuchuk and Walsh.
          WISCONSIN BADGERS
          NCAA Championships: 1973, 1977, 1981, 1983, 1990, and 2006
          WCHA Regular Season Champions: 1977, 1990, and 2000
          WCHA Tournament Champions: 1970, 1972, 1973, 1977, 1978, 1982, 1983, 1988, 1990, 1995, 1998, and 2013
          B1G Tournament Champions: 2014
          Hobey Baker winner: #5 Blake Geoffrion

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
            Well, that will fix it. Whew. Glad we got through that issue.
            Wisconsin Hockey Recruiting spreadsheet (both Men's and Women's)

Comment

Originally posted by UWisco View Post
              I had heard rumblings of this, and what I've been wondering is what coaches are available as replacements? I'll admit that I don't know what the trends tend to be as far as assistant-coaching moving goes. My (perhaps naive) impression is that most potential college coaches with strong reputations in hockey circles (the kind who would make a positive impact in recruiting right away) would be potential head coaches rather than potential assistant coaches.

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscDC View Post
                I had heard rumblings of this, and what I've been wondering is what coaches are available as replacements? I'll admit that I don't know what the trends tend to be as far as assistant-coaching moving goes. My (perhaps naive) impression is that most potential college coaches with strong reputations in hockey circles (the kind who would make a positive impact in recruiting right away) would be potential head coaches rather than potential assistant coaches.
                It's not going to matter, every other coach is going to be able to tell recruits that Eaves isn't going to be at UW much longer, so you have no idea who you might be playing for.

Seriously, nothing hurts recruiting like a coach on the hot seat.

Comment

Unless we hire at least a head coach caliber assistant (the Granato brother or two or Oz or whatever), this feels like at best a lateral move.

Just pull the bandage off and be done with it.
                  If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

Knew this was coming but this won't work either.....what a joke Alvarez is making of uw hockey
                      gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet View Post
                        Well said. In all honesty.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

On a positive note, we're 2/3 of the way there!

Comment

Shuchuk and Walsh are falling on the sword here. Had a pretty good feeling after Christmas this was the way it would go down...with Eaves staying on and cleaning house. After Shuey's comments in the newspaper, I had little doubt Eaves would use him as the scape goat. Not that the assistants aren't part of the problem, because they are...but this thing was so predictable.

Remains to be seen how this affects the current committed recruits. On first glance the two biggest concerns are Kohen Olischefski (Yale Prep - British Columbia) and Tyler Inamoto (Shattuck). Olischefski's advisor already reached out to me to say he's firmly committed to Eaves and Wisconsin and there is no concern there. In conversations with Inamoto's camp, I know he too was a big fan of Eaves. Inamoto is still an OHL risk, and will likely be gone if Wisconsin ever does fire Eaves. But this likely means UW keeps everyone for now.

This likely ends the glimmer of hope at landing Tyson Jost and Dante Fabbro, however. Unless they hire Maco Balkovec.
                            Last edited by Chuck Schwartz; 04-08-2015, 12:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Schwartz View Post
                              Remains to be seen how this affects the current committed recruits. On first glance the two biggest concerns are Kohen Olischefski (Yale Prep - British Columbia) and Tyler Inamoto (Shattuck). Olischefski's advisor already reached out to me to say he's firmly committed to Eaves and Wisconsin and there is no concern there. In conversations with Inamoto's camp, I know he too was a big fan of Eaves. Inamoto is still an OHL risk, and will likely be gone if Wisconsin ever does fire Eaves. But this likely means UW keeps everyone for now.
                              It's a good thing those guys are committed to Eaves, because I would think that two assistants getting fired after a season like that would be toxic to recruits who are experiencing any conflict at all about where to play.

But it is a program with history and a top notch campus and school.
                              Last edited by burd; 04-08-2015, 06:50 AM.

Comment

A different view that developed through some conversation here...

Seems that the recruiting level hasn't been the same since Osiecki and Kevin Patrick left. So, perhaps, the assistants ARE more of the issue. It's not like Eaves has forgotten what he knows about hockey.

Those who don't like Eaves won't like the line of thought... It certainly makes these hires critical.

A different POV.
                                St. Norbert College Green Knights
                                NCHA regular season champs: 97-99, 02-08, 10-12, 14, 16, 19
                                NCHA playoff champs: 98-99, 03-05, 07-08, 10-14, 17-19, 24
                                NCAA Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2018
                                ---
                                SNC women: 2013 O'Brien Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X