Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Ship

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
    Badger hoops - 5 wins in the tournament. Badger hockey - 4 wins in the season. Mind boggling
    Anyone want to screen print some shirts with the quote above in the front and something about 6>4 on the back?
    Everything in its right place, Wisconsin Hockey National Champs!

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Who???! So What!!!! Big Deal!!!!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

When you watch Badger hoops you see a group of players who have bought into a coach and his system. This is a direct 180 from the hockey program. Mike Eave has lost the locker room, the recruiting battles and now the fans. Come on Barry....get some stones and do your job. Please FIRE Coach Eaves!

Comment

• Re: Wisconsin Hockey Vol. XXXIII: A Fanbase Gets Smarter When All The Idiots Jump Shi

Originally posted by oldtyme25 View Post
        When you watch Badger hoops you see a group of players who have bought into a coach and his system. This is a direct 180 from the hockey program. Mike Eave has lost the locker room, the recruiting battles and now the fans. Come on Barry....get some stones and do your job. Please FIRE Coach Eaves!
        Plus the system is successful, and the players grow and improve each year.....
        gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

EODS: De-Commit / Non-Pro Early Departure List

Comment

Originally posted by XYZ View Post
          Looks like quite the Fire Mike Eaves rally going on in Madtown right now. I give them credit...
          Details?

I have to admit the success of the BB team is making me more depressed about the hockey team. It used to be that BB was the ugly step-sister of the hockey team, now it's the other way around.
          Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
          ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
          "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
          Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
            Details?

I have to admit the success of the BB team is making me more depressed about the hockey team. It used to be that BB was the ugly step-sister of the hockey team, now it's the other way around.
            I pull for BB too. Especially a once in a lifetime type event like tonight.

But it now appears the 2006 win was my once in a lifetime event for UW Hockey, unfortunately. The beauty of that is the regional s were in Green Bay and NCAA was at the Bradley Center. I saw all the playoff games that year. That was a fun run, just like BB this year.

What has happened since 2006 is depressing.
            gwhinwi's: Wisconsin Badgers Recruiting Spreadsheet & Individual Face-Off Statistics

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
              Details?

I am guessing XYZ was talking about the party on State Street after Kentucky game....

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                I am guessing XYZ was talking about theparty on State Street after Kentucky game....
                Yeah, I'd love for there to be enough people who care for that to be even a tiny bit remotely plausible.

Comment

This is other time I'm doing this:

It's a Great Day for Bouncy Ball!!!

Beat Duke!
                  Originally posted by WiscTJK
                  I'm with Wisko and Tim.
                  Originally posted by Timothy A
                  Other than Wisko McBadgerton and Badger Bob, who is universally loved by all?

Comment

Every UW fan should always place the Sioux before any gopher team. No matter what sport period end of story, what the hell is wrong with you people this is a no brainer.
                    UW Hockey NCAA Champs 73, 77, 81, 83, 90, 06

Comment

• Originally posted by WiscTJK View Post
                      I am guessing XYZ was talking about the party on State Street after Kentucky game....
                      Yes. That is correct
                      I wish I am able to live long enough to do all the things I was attributed to.

Comment

Since we had a smidge of roundball talk in here I thought I'd drop a quick .02

Quick thoughts on UW Basketball: The Wisconsin players and Coach Ryan really created something special the past 2 seasons (and to be honest every season since Bo was named HC has been special) and while tonight will sting for a while, the memories of 2 consecutive Final Fours will be something to savor for a long long time.

Coack K wins his 5th title and that's awesome. He's a great coach. But...he's nowhere near as great as Bo Ryan and here's why: Guys like Coach K, Roy Williams, Calipari, Pitino?... They have their pick annually of the top 100 players coast to coast while Bo Ryan wins with players that wouldn't start on Duke, NC, Kentucky, Louisville etc., and most of the UW players with the exception of Dekker wouldn't even be under consideration to be bench players for those teams.

*If* one day the Diamond Stone's or Kevin Looney's decide to go to Madison instead of heading out for the bling teams, lookout. Ryan will be winning titles like he did at Platteville and he'd be revered as the John Wooden of the Midwest.

"but you're not as confused as him are you. it's not your job to be as confused as Nigel". Tap pt 1.

"I think it's ****ing stock. What--? Which part of that is unclear to you? I think it sounds stock to my ears. I mean, do you want me to write it down?" Tap Pt. 2

Comment

Even with Jackson, Kaminsky, Gasser and Dukan graduating (and maybe Dekker bolting?) you've got to imagine that the we're still a lock for a tourney appearance next year to keep the streak alive. And I'll bet you could cube their win percentage and still outperform the hockey team.

And I think I'm done with bouncy ball talk for now. It's hard to watch a basketball game and not long for the days of WCHA hockey refs. Or maybe (more likely) I just don't understand basketball enough to get too invested in it.
                          If you want to be a BADGER, just come along with me

BRING BACK PAT RICHTER!!!

At his graduation ceremony from the U of Minnesota, my cousin got a keychain. When asked what UW gave her for graduation, my sister said, "A degree from a University that matters."

Canned music is a pathetic waste of your time.

Comment

What I wouldn't give for a consistent hockey program and a coach who actually maximizes talent while also getting buy in on their system. I am not a huge basketball fan anymore, but I love Bo Ryan and what he has done even going back to UWP (won his last NC there when I was a freshman).

The Hockey program is now an after thought, and that won't change with Eaves at the helm.
                            Sixty Minutes. No Alibis. No Regrets.

Originally posted by ExileOnDaytonStreet
                            Well... Baggott does kind of suck.
                            Originally posted by UWisco
                            It's funny, there is actually a "team" performing worse than the hockey team at the KC this year. The ushers/security are completely worthless.

Comment

If Bucky had won the "ship",,Alvarez would pay even less attention to hockey
                              (if possible)
                              GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                                If Bucky had won the "ship",,Alvarez would pay even less attention to hockey
                                (if possible)
                                It's impossible for Barry Alvarez to care less about hockey than he already does. I mean, "I'm not a hockey guy". Really? No ****.

And to prove my point about Alvarez caring solely about football (or maybe 90% football, 10% basketball), why isn't the AD moving toward getting a baseball team again? He doesn't want to divert resources (and attention) away from football, fact.

It's gotten to a point for me where Alvarez has soured me on UW football. I haven't been to a football game since he became AD and I don't intend to anytime soon, even if they went 11-0 for 3-4 consecutive seasons. He's presided over the diminishing of many of the sports/teams on campus. So I guess in his mind, retaining Eaves is a no-brainer (to bring it full circle back to hockey).

Comment

Working...
                                X