X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Midwest Regional: Minnesota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Harvard, RIT

Who will be in South Bend?
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Re: Midwest Regional: Minnesota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Harvard, RIT

Me.

Have hotel reservations. Made them today. Tons of availability at a hotel just 5 miles from the arena. Working on tickets. I think they will become more and more plentiful as the week goes by, too, and, cheaper.

551 miles from my front door to the hotel in South Bend. We're playing the late game. I'm not even leaving, then, until Saturday morning. We can leave at a reasonable hour, even, and still be there in plenty of time.

Comment

I'm uncertain what I want to do for tickets..sit in the University allotment, or buy from a ND Season ticket holder..
      AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        I'm uncertain what I want to do for tickets..sit in the University allotment, or buy from a ND Season ticket holder..
        Me and 3 alumni will be there. we are leaving Friday night and doing an all night road trip to the game as per is our usual custom for traveling to away games. Staying at Residence Inn South Bend Mishawaka

I think we are going to go with the University for tickets so we are not on an island by ourselves at the game

anyone know of a close pregame bar to meet up at?
        Last edited by MavsFan19; 03-22-2015, 01:33 PM.
        All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Wife and I are going.

Looks like we have already exceeded Priceless' prediction of 10.

Comment

Originally posted by Iwearpurple View Post
            Wife and I are going.

Looks like we have already exceeded Priceless' prediction of 10.
            I'd really like to school arrange some type of bus option for games like this
            All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
              I'd really like to school arrange some type of bus option for games like this
              I'm working on it..
              AF 99

Comment

I remember the days when UNO was first in the CCHA and a good group of Maverick fans would make their way to the Joyce Center for games. The new place is a little different. Absent all the bitterness of how woefully Notre Dame has coasted and underachieved since moving to the Compton in 2011, it is a pretty nice place. Great views from any seat in the house, easy parking, and maybe for the NCAAs they'll focus on hockey and not all the secondary crap that goes on during Notre Dame games. Any of you who make it to the games should stop by the seats over the home team tunnel. That's where JeffJacksonForPresident (my sister) and I sit. We'll be there (my attendance Saturday is dependent on whether or not the men's basketball team is still playing). I'm guessing we will be among the very few Notre Dame season ticket holders who will be present. When the attendance is announced keep in mind Notre Dame had all season ticket holders purchase tickets with their season ticket strip, so the numbers will likely be extremely inflated. Safe travels to all and good luck to all of the teams. Hope I'm wrong about the crowds.

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
                  Me and 3 alumni will be there. we are leaving Friday night and doing an all night road trip to the game as per is our usual custom for traveling to away games. Staying at Residence Inn South Bend Mishawaka

I think we are going to go with the University for tickets so we are not on an island by ourselves at the game

anyone know of a close pregame bar to meet up at?
                  There are a couple of very close options. Legends of Notre Dame is located on the campus just south of the football stadium and west of the ice arena. At the corner of Angela and Eddy Street (Angela borders the ice arena on the south side) is a cluster of places to eat/drink, including a Five Guys and O'Rourks. They are all pleasant enough but I'm not the one to rate eating/drinking establishments. If you are just looking for a place to hang and grab something to eat/drink they'll work just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                    I remember the days when UNO was first in the CCHA and a good group of Maverick fans would make their way to the Joyce Center for games. The new place is a little different. Absent all the bitterness of how woefully Notre Dame has coasted and underachieved since moving to the Compton in 2011, it is a pretty nice place. Great views from any seat in the house, easy parking, and maybe for the NCAAs they'll focus on hockey and not all the secondary crap that goes on during Notre Dame games. Any of you who make it to the games should stop by the seats over the home team tunnel. That's where JeffJacksonForPresident (my sister) and I sit. We'll be there (my attendance Saturday is dependent on whether or not the men's basketball team is still playing). I'm guessing we will be among the very few Notre Dame season ticket holders who will be present. When the attendance is announced keep in mind Notre Dame had all season ticket holders purchase tickets with their season ticket strip, so the numbers will likely be extremely inflated. Safe travels to all and good luck to all of the teams. Hope I'm wrong about the crowds.
                    Any insight on smart places to stay, eat, drink?
                    AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                      Rumor has it from a local source I trust (the owner/operator of Mavpuck.com) is that the school's allotments are 400 tickets per team.

I'll be on the phone to the UNO ticket office at 8:00 A.M. tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreNDHockey View Post
                        If we can get in the **** building I think there will a lot more UNO fans there than you might think. There sure was when we played Michigan in St Louis in 2011. We outnumbered their fans.

Comment

Good luck Mankato!

Comment

Question for everyone, and, I assume it may have been addressed and answered elsewhere, I just have yet to see it yet.

Has the overall #1 seed in the NCAA Hockey Tournament ever before been a team that has NEVER won an NCAA tourney game?

My guess would be yes but I bet it has been a very long time. Certainly, this was true at the very first tourney, obviously, and for awhile thereafter, from time to time.

Perhaps, better put, how long has it been?

I think this is a very great achievement for the Purple Cows as well as for their fans and one they should be rightfully very proud of.

Given who their head coach is, I certainly can't say I'm all that surprised, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                              Question for everyone, and, I assume it may have been addressed and answered elsewhere, I just have yet to see it yet.

Has the overall #1 seed in the NCAA Hockey Tournament ever before been a team that has NEVER won an NCAA tourney game?

My guess would be yes but I bet it has been a very long time. Certainly, this was true at the very first tourney, obviously, and for awhile thereafter, from time to time.

Perhaps, better put, how long has it been?

I think this is a very great achievement for the Purple Cows as well as for their fans and one they should be rightfully very proud of.

Given who their head coach is, I certainly can't say I'm all that surprised, though.
                              Q in 2013 perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                              X