Midwest Regional: Minnesota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Harvard, RIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Midwest Regional: Minnesota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Harvard, RIT

the fan bus from Mankato was canceled due to not being able to get 30 people on it....that really sucks i was going to go on it and i really wish we could get some better fan support behind are hockey team.....

Comment

Originally posted by 7outof10 View Post
      the fan bus from Mankato was canceled due to not being able to get 30 people on it....that really sucks i was going to go on it and i really wish we could get some better fan support behind are hockey team.....
      Oh man, the #1 team in the country can't get 30 fans to take a ride to the NCAAs. It seems there is something quite wrong with these regionals, locations, timing, match-ups, etc. I'm not certain if Harvard fans would do much better (900 miles, no bus that I've heard about). We do have (nearly) door to door Amtrak service, but I've not read about anyone taking advantage of that. But then I'd pay scalpers prices to see the Crimson in Providence or Manchester, were that an option.
      Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 03-25-2015, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Crimson on the Glass View Post
        Oh man, the #1 team in the country can't get 30 fans to take a ride to the NCAAs. It seems there is something quite wrong with these regionals, locations, timing, match-ups, etc. I'm not certain if Harvard fans would do much better (900 miles, no bus that I've heard about). We do have (nearly) door to door Amtrak service, but I've not read about anyone taking advantage of that. But then I'd pay scalpers prices to see the Crimson in Providence or Manchester, were that an option.
        RIT has trimmed down from two to one busses. It really doesn't help that we're on spring break. We're still bringing the band as far as I'm aware.
        RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by 7outof10 View Post
          I've heard a lot of people who want to roll the dice and go to Boston if they qualify, and can't afford to do both.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
            They'll have to pry mine out of my cold dead hands.
            Lol...this is great. Fortunately for the diehard RIT fans, most of them lived through 60+ games vs Elmira during the D3 days when the Elmira fans were outrageously obnoxious with the cowbells. So I think "more cowbell" in the regional will be just fine.

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
              RIT has trimmed down from two to one busses. It really doesn't help that we're on spring break. We're still bringing the band as far as I'm aware.
              That's encouraging. I'm sure it's not a short jaunt for you either. Where is RIT?

Comment

I think what you're seeing is people's entertainment dollar being stretched to its limits. A weekend after a conference tourney that you don't know if your team is going to be in or not, you have a national tourney in which you don't know where you're team is going to be playing. Add the costs of the conference tourney (likely $150-200) and a national tourney that costs $250 for transport and hotel plus $60 for a ticket and another $30-40 for food and you have not many people that can afford it.$500 per person ovet the course of 2 weekends is not really realistic foe many people. and if you're really optomistic about your team, add a weekend 2 weeks later in a very expensive city (compared to a place like mankato), you're just not going to get many people to dish that money out. And if you're married, double everything.
                Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                  I've heard a lot of people who want to roll the dice and go to Boston if they qualify, and can't afford to do both.
                  That's definitely become my approach. I live in Boston, but its going to take a little cash for tickets.

And this game should be in Mankato, wherever that is. You've earned it, and I'm sure you'd fill all the seats.
                  Last edited by Crimson on the Glass; 03-25-2015, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Bale View Post
                    And if you're married, double everything.
                    If you're only doubling everything, you married a great woman!

Comment

That's definitely become my approach. I live in Boston, but its going to take a little cash for tickets.

And this game should be in Mankato, wherever that is. You've earned it, and I'm sure you'd fill all the seats.
                      Same. I'd fly out from Denver if RIT made it to Boston. Thankfully I have family I could stay with.
                      RIT Tigers

Comment

That's encouraging. I'm sure it's not a short jaunt for you either. Where is RIT?
                        Rensselear..... kidding. Rochester NY. It's an 8 hour drive.
                        RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by purpleinnebraska View Post
                          If you're only doubling everything, you married a great woman!
                          Haha....touche.
                          Mess with the bull, you get the horns.

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
                            Rensselear..... kidding. Rochester NY. It's an 8 hour drive.
                            OK, sure. Eastman School of Music, Kodak, and Wegman's, right? Are you saying 8 hour drive to South Bend, or to most anywhere?

Comment

OK, sure. Eastman School of Music, Kodak, and Wegman's, right? Are you saying 8 hour drive to South Bend, or to most anywhere?
                              It's 8 hours to South Bend from Rochester.

Comment

No love for UNO or RIT from the "experts" at CHN

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/rep...sRegionals.php
                                UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Working...
                                X