Midwest Regional: Minnesota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Harvard, RIT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Midwest Regional: Minnesota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Harvard, RIT

If one game is how you base your opinion of a team, you're just an unknowledgable hockey fan.

Congratulations RIT, that was a well coached squad that withstood some serious sustained pressure. Great game plan, great execution, and just a little luck. That's playoff hockey, unfortunately.
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
      a Harvard-RIT final might be the most intellectual matchup of the weekend.

Powers &8^]
      OK, I am warming to this idea now!

Comment

Originally posted by Riz View Post
        Not an RIT fan I can't even tell you where the school is. I was just appalled at all the Mankato fans that trashed me for simply asking them to prove to me why their team was so good.
        Well how were they supposed to do that aside from winning games? You could seriously say that about any team.
        Originally posted by SJHovey
        Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
        Originally posted by Brenthoven
        We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Not an RIT fan I can't even tell you where the school is. I was just appalled at all the Mankato fans that trashed me for simply asking them to prove to me why their team was so good.

You don't know where Rochester is?

Comment

Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
            Yeah, that's in Minnesota.

Comment

As an RIT fan, awesome game. Mankato clearly more talent and deeper. But sometimes passion, heart, and luck win out. Now hoping for tonight's games to be even more awesome and maybe go 4 or 5 overtimes.
              John Nabors

RIT Tigers - A Long Hockey Tradition
              AHA Regular Season Champions 2007, 2009, 2010, 2011
              AHA Tournament Champions 2010, 2015, 2016
              NCAA DI - 2010, 2015, 2016
              NCAA Frozen 4 - 2010
              NCAA DII - 1983
              NCAA DIII - 1984, 1985, 1989, 1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
                Isn't it South Henrietta?
                CCT '77 & '78
                4 kids
                5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                  Never fails.

Fighting Sioux gear in the building.
                  We're the cockroaches of college hockey. When the big one hits, the guy crawling out of the rubble will undoubtably be wearing a green Sioux jersey.
                  That community is already in the process of dissolution where each man begins to eye his neighbor as a possible enemy, where non-conformity with the accepted creed, political as well as religious, is a mark of disaffection; where denunciation, without specification or backing, takes the place of evidence; where orthodoxy chokes freedom of dissent; where faith in the eventual supremacy of reason has become so timid that we dare not enter our convictions in the open lists, to win or lose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Hockey View Post
                    Minnesota I think? No idea where in the state.

Comment

• Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                      If one game is how you base your opinion of a team, you're just an unknowledgable hockey fan.

Congratulations RIT, that was a well coached squad that withstood some serious sustained pressure. Great game plan, great execution, and just a little luck. That's playoff hockey, unfortunately.
                      Yep that's why it's a single elimination tournament then? Foolish comment.

Comment

Dears Mavs fans. You guys deserve to be number 1, if not for our awesome goal tending and shut down defense the game would have been yours,

Tigers? Upwards and onwards!
                        RIT Tigers

Comment

Minnesota I think? No idea where in the state.
                          New York. Jesus, we've been to the Frozen Four.
                          RIT Tigers

Comment

• Originally posted by SJHovey View Post
                            We're the cockroaches of college hockey. When the big one hits, the guy crawling out of the rubble will undoubtably be wearing a green Sioux jersey.
                            Surprising amount of other gear, too.

Minny, Miami, Western Michigan, Seawolves of all things, Michigan, so far.

Comment

• Originally posted by Riz View Post
                              Each time I saw Mankato play I was not impressed. That being said, I think they are a great team. Everybody gets so hurt by my simple prediction against their team haha.

Not impressed but they are a GREAT team!

Either you aren't impressed and they aren't a great team, or they are a GREAT team. You choose!

Tough way to lose a game to end a great season. Love my Mavs!
                              Last edited by Chris Clark Fan Club; 03-28-2015, 06:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post

There was no doubt watching that game who the more talented, deep team was. RIT somehow was able to weather the storm of Minn State. I wish the best of luck to your team next year.
                                R I T HOCKEY
                                Frozen Four
                                Elite Eight
                                NCAA Tournament
                                2010-2015-2016
                                RIP-Mikita Dan Barrows

Comment

Working...
                                X