Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Midwest Regional: Minnesota State, Nebraska-Omaha, Harvard, RIT

Originally posted by Stauber1 View Post
    If you don't acknowledge that the PWR's reliance on RPI creates a bias against individual teams within AH, then I would suggest you are either being disingenuous or don't fully understand how the rankings are formulated.
    It's the same reasoning used when it is suggested that not all the NCHC teams may be as good as their PWR indicates, and fans of the NCHC just stick bananas in their ears while humming My Country Tis Of Thee.
    When it is suggested that not all the teams in AH are as bad as their PWR indicates, fans of the WCHA stick bananas in their ears while either humming the Copper Country Anthem or ringing their cowbells.

That being said, RIT went 1-5 in non-conference play this year, so it is reasonable to assert that they helped to exacerbate the AH problem rather than falling victim to it.
    I don't care what conference you are in, if you go 1-5 OOC your PWR is going to take a serious hit and your conference-mates are going to be cursing you.

And Harvard fans are ugly.

How's THAT for offending all corners!
    This is probably the most well thought out comment I've ever read about college hockey. Congratulations.

I wholeheartedly agree with your second point. RIT had a down right miserable first half of the season and didn't do our conference any favors with our OOC record. I think if you would have flipped our first and second half schedules we'd be in the 20s for PWR.
    RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by MavsFan19 View Post
      Warning: my tune will change when we lose
      Fixed that for ya.
      RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
        Fixed that for ya.
        Ha Ha well played good sir.
        All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

With bananas in my ears....

Hmmm hmm hmm hmmmmmm hm hm
          Hmm Hmm Hmm Hmmm hm hmmmmm
          hmm hmm hmm hmmmm
          Last edited by 5thYearFreshman; 03-26-2015, 10:01 AM.
          UNO Maverick fan and Gopher hater, stuck in Husky country...

Comment

Ha Ha well played good sir.
            Sorry, I'm feeling cheeky from the reddit trash talk thread.
            RIT Tigers

Comment

Originally posted by lmg6841 View Post
              I wholeheartedly agree with your second point. RIT had a down right miserable first half of the season and didn't do our conference any favors with our OOC record. I think if you would have flipped our first and second half schedules we'd be in the 20s for PWR.
              True, but we also wouldn't have finished as the third seed in the conference tournament.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by komey1 View Post
                Actually, that's pretty accurate. Let's add to it that Atlantic Hockey hardly ever gets home OOC games. RIT is a rare exception as they had 2 (3 if you count the Blue Cross Arena game).

The problem with any ranking system is that there are too few OOC games to get good data. When there are less than 70 OOC games for a conference, that severely limits opportunities to compare teams. That St. Cloud State was on the verge of being in the tournament in spite of barely being over .500 should show that. I will admit - maybe they are that good but their record is hampered by playing in strong conference, but I suspect they should not have been in any serious discussion of at large berths, yet the only thing that stopped that was the discussion of if they would be over .500.
                One thing of note is that RIT took Minnesota (not to be confused with Minnesota State ) to overtime on January 3rd which seems to be where the RIT started to turn their season around (14-5-2 since)
                RIT Tigers

Got one foot in the crease

Comment

RIT feature story:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/atla...y-wayne-wilson
                  https://www.hockeyjournal.com/author/jeffcox/
                  Follow on twitter @JeffCoxSports

Comment

Anybody know if the arena at Notre Dame is "cold"?

Some are a lot colder than others and Mrs. Red Cows was asking me to ask if anybody here knows since she is coming with me.

The CenturyLink Center here is quite tolerable, for example. Ralston Arena, here in Omaha, where the USHL Omaha Lancers play, is absolutely brutal, the coldest rink I have ever been in.

She wants to "dress right" if its colder than hell in there.

Further, will O'Brien's (the club in the arena) be accessible (with, we presume, a $20.00 guest membership that it appears are usually available) for this event? We are sitting right by it, it appears, too.

Comment

• is any other university having a arranged location for their fans to meet? It will extremely humorous if all 4 schools pick the same bar.
                      All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity. - Gordie Howe

Minnesota State Mankato Mavericks

Comment

UNO arrived today in South Bend via charter aircraft. The team hotel is the Doubletree by Hilton downtown. Omaha television news media have arrived with them and have been running stories on the local news. Here's one, replete with some words from the gap-toothed wonder, himself. Scroll to the 1:30 mark of the video:

http://www.ketv.com/sports/ketv-spor..._campaign=ketv

UNO's bus junket to the Regional this weekend, that wasn't even announced until Monday, sold out today.

For all the talk about supposedly how many empty seats there are going to be at this Regional, there are now NO tickets for sale on Stubhub for it, under 20 ads on Craigslist in South Bend or Omaha for tickets, and 6 eBay listings. I don't know about other schools but I am hoping than we can get upwards of 1,000 or so of our fans in the place. It's gonna be in excess of 400, that's for sure.

Piece on former long time Omaha Lancers Head Coach and now Minnesota State Mankato Head Coach Mike Hastings in the Omaha World Herald from today:

http://www.omaha.com/uno/hastings-wi...380c08949.html

Comment

is any other university having a arranged location for their fans to meet? It will extremely humorous if all 4 schools pick the same bar.
                          RIT has an event planned at Legends of Notre Dame. https://www.google.com/maps/place/Le...090e9be864a25e
                          RIT Tiger Hockey
                          Cinderella is dancing again!

Comment

is any other university having a arranged location for their fans to meet? It will extremely humorous if all 4 schools pick the same bar.
                            My wife asked me this same question at dinner tonight.

I don't know of any UNO function at this writing. It/one happened in St. Louis in 2011 when we played in the Regional there but I haven't heard anything about this weekend. I have to call the UNO ticket office about something else tomorrow and I'll ask about this as well.

We're headed to South Bend tomorrow.

Comment

• Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                              My wife asked me this same question at dinner tonight.

I don't know of any UNO function at this writing. It/one happened in St. Louis in 2011 when we played in the Regional there but I haven't heard anything about this weekend. I have to call the UNO ticket office about something else tomorrow and I'll ask about this as well.

We're headed to South Bend tomorrow.
                              On the road in 8 hours! Can't wait!
                              AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Red Cows View Post
                                UNO's bus junket to the Regional this weekend, that wasn't even announced until Monday, sold out today.

For all the talk about supposedly how many empty seats there are going to be at this Regional, there are now NO tickets for sale on Stubhub for it, under 20 ads on Craigslist in South Bend or Omaha for tickets, and 6 eBay listings. I don't know about other schools but I am hoping than we can get upwards of 1,000 or so of our fans in the place. It's gonna be in excess of 400, that's for sure.
                                I'm glad at least one school is bringing a decent crowd. That's good to hear. I wish Notre Dame would have offered a refund to season ticket holders for tickets to sell to other fans. Perhaps that would have been one way to get a few more people in. I really hope there aren't a bunch of people looking for tickets and getting shut out since nearly half the arena was sold last summer to season ticket holders. Notre Dame missing the tournament has the potertial to make the university look bad for a completely different reason if that happens.

Comment

Working...
                                X