East Regional-Miami University, Denver, Boston College, Providence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: East Regional-Miami University, Denver, Boston College, Providence

Is the Dunk as dark in person as it is on TV? The corners that are behind the goaltenders nearly look pitch black. Can't imagine it's even up to standards if it's accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by HockeyMan2000 View Post
      Is the Dunk as dark in person as it is on TV? The corners that are behind the goaltenders nearly look pitch black. Can't imagine it's even up to standards if it's accurate.
      Seriously...this looks awful.

Comment

Originally posted by MUhawks628 View Post
        Seriously...this looks awful.
        Maybe they're going for the classic feel of an old, poorly-lit barn?
        Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          If i recall the early season meeting harvard was healthy and BC was without demko and santini.

Regardless, guess denver must be leaps and bounds better than when these two played back to back 2-1 games on denver's home ice.
          The arena looks like it's being illuminated by Tikki torches.
          Chris V
          Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
            Maybe they're going for the classic feel of an old, poorly-lit barn?
            Well in that case ditch the glass for some wire!

Comment

I've seen better lighting at a Black Metal concert.

Comment

I think they have an HD board, which would make this the complete opposite of Manchester's well-lit, terrible scoreboard rink.

Isn't it fun to play in minor league rinks?
                Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

this will be interesting here..... goal or no?
                  a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

I've never seen a hockey arena as poorly illuminated on TV as this one, and as someone who lives in this sad sack state, it's a disgrace this game is on national TV for everyone to see. Rhode Island has given the NCAA another reason to go back to campus sites next year lol

Comment

• Re: East Regional-Miami University, Denver, Boston College, Providence

I've never seen an arena as poorly illuminated on TV on my life as this one, and as someone who lives in this sad sack state, it's a disgrace this game is on national TV for everyone to see. Chalk up another reason to go back to campus sites next year.
                      Intentional to hide a thin crowd? I don't know, since I can't see the stands!
                      Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by RedhawkBandMan View Post
                        Intentional to hide a thin crowd? I don't know, since I can't see the stands!
                        They did a close-up at one point to the right of the BC goaltender. The two players against the glass looked like they were standing in a dark closet with a spotlight beaming down on Demko. It was THAT bad.

Comment

The Dunk is always darker on TV. It's just as bright as any other arena when you're actually in it.

Comment

Even if that's true, they might want to think about installing lighting that doesn't look like garbage on TV. People are dumping on it all over the place online, and with good reason.

Comment

"All over the place" meaning a few people on a college hockey forum?

Comment

Advantage to DU... Magness is terribly lit on TV as well
                                tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Comment

Working...
                                X