Northeast Regional: Boston University, Yale, UMD, Minnesota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: Boston University, Yale, UMD, Minnesota

The real question is how many times will UMD players flop?

The over/under is at 10... I will take the over.

Comment

There was another year when the Gophers played UMD five times. So I may not have every piece straight (so nobody jump down my throat).

But the Gophers won a couple of NCs back in the early 2000s. The second included a freshman named Thomas Vanek. After that year, fans were ecstatic to find out nearly everyone from the two time champions would return. The Gophers proceeded to roll through the schedule as expected. Until we ran into UMD. We played a pair of home and away games against UMD...and lost each time. The Gophers then proceeded to roll through the season. When we made the tourney...I was dismayed to learn that UMD was in our bracket. Sure enough, we played UMD and lost in that fifth game of the season. At the time, I felt that without the one game we had our third straight NC locked up. So whenever I think of one team having another teams number...I think of the team that could beat everyone...except fellow University of Minnesota school UMD.
      Go Gophers!

Comment

• Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
        ( UMTC Duluth)
        There is no such school. Please get you school names correct before trying to troll.

Sean
        Women's Hockey East Champions 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2010
        Men's NCAA Champions 2009, 1995, 1978, 1972, 1971

BU Hockey Games
        BU Hockey highlights and extras
        NCAA Hockey Financials
        Women's Division I Longest Hockey Games
        I need a kidney; looking for a donor

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post
          There is no such school. Please get you school names correct before trying to troll.

Sean
          True, it's just Duluth.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
            There was another year when the Gophers played UMD five times. So I may not have every piece straight (so nobody jump down my throat).

But the Gophers won a couple of NCs back in the early 2000s. The second included a freshman named Thomas Vanek. After that year, fans were ecstatic to find out nearly everyone from the two time champions would return. The Gophers proceeded to roll through the schedule as expected. Until we ran into UMD. We played a pair of home and away games against UMD...and lost each time. The Gophers then proceeded to roll through the season. When we made the tourney...I was dismayed to learn that UMD was in our bracket. Sure enough, we played UMD and lost in that fifth game of the season. At the time, I felt that without the one game we had our third straight NC locked up. So whenever I think of one team having another teams number...I think of the team that could beat everyone...except fellow University of Minnesota school UMD.
            2004 was definitely an interesting year for tUMD and UMTC. Dogs sweep at Mariucci and the DECC, but the Gophers won in the WCHA Final Five the week prior to the tournament. The NCAA game was actually the 6th meeting of the season, which tDogs won 3-1.

This just seems like a 50/50 game. Bulldogs are finally fielding their main lineup but hasn't played together in almost 2 months. Gophers are playing much better. If the game is called tight I think that gives the Gophers an advantage. If it's up and down I think UMD's depth could be the difference. Complete tossup in my mind.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Pickett View Post

Sean
              ????????

Captain
              You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by AHABulldog View Post
                This just seems like a 50/50 game. Bulldogs are finally fielding their main lineup but hasn't played together in almost 2 months. Gophers are playing much better. If the game is called tight I think that gives the Gophers an advantage. If it's up and down I think UMD's depth could be the difference. Complete tossup in my mind.
                Some aspects could make the difference for UMD...I don't think depth will be one of them. When we played UMD at the NCSS, we were without Travis Boyd so the third line with Ambroz was playing like a fourth line...and the fourth line was doing less. We now have him back which turns that third line into a second line...and taking pressure of the now third Kloos line which has made them much better. And frankly our fourth line is now controlling play against competing fourth lines as well as any of the top three. The Gophers have the potential of running out of steam on Saturdays as they can fly...but our depth for Friday night should only help us.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  Some aspects could make the difference for UMD...I don't think depth will be one of them. When we played UMD at the NCSS, we were without Travis Boyd so the third line with Ambroz was playing like a fourth line...and the fourth line was doing less. We now have him back which turns that third line into a second line...and taking pressure of the now third Kloos line which has made them much better. And frankly our fourth line is now controlling play against competing fourth lines as well as any of the top three. The Gophers have the potential of running out of steam on Saturdays as they can fly...but our depth for Friday night should only help us.
                  I was going to say this as well. I'd say the depth of both teams is draw at best and honestly I'd give the Gophers the nod in terms of depth.
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

If they call it tight, duluth will be called for diving no less than 5 times.

Comment

Originally posted by bulldog10jw View Post
                      I liked the album you did with Zappa
                      All of them?
                      You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                        All of them?
                        Bongo Fury

Comment

If BU could stop passing it directly to Yale in front of the BU net, that'd be great.
                          Bugs Bunny - 96
                          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                            If BU could stop passing it directly to Yale in front of the BU net, that'd be great.
                            But blue looks so much like red!

Seriously, though, I think it's a case of Freshman jitters and defense jitters. I think they picked it up better towards the end of the frame.
                            Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                            ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

If Yale loses this game by one goal, DiChiara will be having nightmares about that chance he had all alone in front of O'Connor. Had him down and leaning the wrong way and flipped it off the crossbar. Ouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                                Yeah, I was thinking they are trying a little too hard to keep o'connor awake.
                                Whenever I think of the past, it brings back so many memories. - Stephen Wright

Comment

Working...
                                X