Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Northeast Regional: Boston University, Yale, UMD, Minnesota

Originally posted by ZamboniDude View Post
    That game had a BC shorthanded goal from about 180 feet away. Whatever happens tomorrow, I don't think we're seeing that again.
    that was some game though. very entertaining to be there and see.
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
      I just keep having flashbacks to the 9-6 BC regional final at Worcester in 2009, I would be surprised, but if you want to take it literally that is fine. I just don't know what to expect out of this game.
      Rondeau played lights out and, frankly, over his head against NoDak. Then we saw the regression to the mean against BC. Lyon is the real deal. He doesn't give up 9 goals against the best NHL team.

Comment

Originally posted by cornellgradyalefan View Post
        Lyon is the real deal. He doesn't give up 9 goals against the best NHL team.
        Probably true, provided he's playing for a different NHL team.
        Minnesota Golden Gopher Hockey

Comment

8:30 AM on the road 11:45 reservation at the Hanover St Chop House for a burger, Murphys and Strangebrew for a pint or three or four and then gametime! Have fun all, thanks for the banter.
          YALE HOCKEY
          2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
            8:30 AM on the road 11:45 reservation at the Hanover St Chop House for a burger, Murphys and Strangebrew for a pint or three or four and then gametime! Have fun all, thanks for the banter.
            safe travels
            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Question back to the parking thing. Are the meters coin fed? Or is there a credit card system?
              BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

It's gameday. GO BULLDOGS! (either one is fine by me )
                tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Let's get the party started.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    Can (anyone) honestly say that the "best team" wins every year?
                    Definitely not, but I think that by the end of the tournament, many of the winners in recent years proved pretty decisively imo that they were the "Best Team" (no disrespect to the ones not on this list, who earned their titles):

2014 Union, 2012 BC, 2010 BC, 2009 BU, 2006 Wisconsin, 2005 Denver. I think any of those teams would have certainly won a 7-game series with any team in the nation in their respective years.

(That's as far back as I'm going mentally, so I'm not implying the champions the few years before '05 were not clearly the "best team.")
                    BC Interruption: SB Nation's Boston College Eagles Community
                    -
                    Boston College Class of 2010

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
                      Question back to the parking thing. Are the meters coin fed? Or is there a credit card system?
                      Both depending on location. Credit card kiosks are more common.
                      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

So, Minnesota and UMD fans... who's going to win in that matchup and why?
                        Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                        ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                          C'mon you slack-jawed yokels. We hear all about how popular your state high school hockey is and that you have skating cheerleaders. Your posters have been mighty quiet, and we are not used to that. Where is your notorious arrogance ( Minnesota ) and outraged sense of being shushed or dismissed ( UMTC Duluth )? Frankly, your relative absence on this topic shows what yellow-bellied pigs your whole state is. Your game will end in a tie and the masses will demand that Yale & Baby Jesus' team play again on Saturday because nobody wants to see your brand of hockey.
                          You hardly know a day goes by in a cardboard cutout sundown...

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                            C'mon you slack-jawed yokels. We hear all about how popular your state high school hockey is and that you have skating cheerleaders. Your posters have been mighty quiet, and we are not used to that. Where is your notorious arrogance ( Minnesota ) and outraged sense of being shushed or dismissed ( UMTC Duluth )? Frankly, your relative absence on this topic shows what yellow-bellied pigs your whole state is. Your game will end in a tie and the masses will demand that Yale & Baby Jesus' team play again on Saturday because nobody wants to see your brand of hockey.
                            I liked the album you did with Zappa

Comment

The intra-state game should be fun to watch. Duluth plays with an edge, and the Western SMTs are good on the PP. I'm not sold on Duluth's goalie, and MN's has been up and down, but up lately. Will Duluth be rested or rusty? Will MN be shocked by the lack of space playing a team from a real conference?

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post
                                Toss up. tUMD has had the Gophers' number this year three of the four times they've played. Gophers are playing much better than the last time they played, though. If the Wilcox we've seen the past 2-3 weeks shows up and they play like they should have been playing all season, I have no doubt that the Gophers can beat anyone in this tournament. But we've also seen this team drop games to Merrimack, Michigan St, Ohio St, and Penn St so they are capable of losing to just about anyone.

tUMD is rested(or rusty...?) and apparently healthy so I could see them coming out flying. Gotta bring it right from the opening faceoff.

EDIT: Craaaap, jk took my "rested or rusty" take...
                                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X