No announcement yet.

The Official "My team got screwed!!" thread of the 2015 Ice Hockey Tournament

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Official "My team got screwed!!" thread of the 2015 Ice Hockey Tournament

Before starting your own thread, please view this public service announcement.

Please allow this thread to serve as your place to complain about the PWR, the committee, the smoke-filled room or your misinformed views about why undeserving teams like Quinnipiac or RIT stole your team's spot. This is also a good place to complain about your coach, the referees, the RPI formula, KRACH and the entire process.

This version of the thread even promises entertaining topics such as Penn State killing hockey, Joe Thornton being traded, Giada's Melons, Merrimack being kicked out of Hockey Rast, #26 Union, area clowns, a symposium on the many hackings of Freddy Meyer and the always-popular college hockey video game.

We also have several types of cheese to go along with whatever whine you prefer. We promise you'll get your just desevrings!

Re: The Official "My team got screwed!!" thread of the 2015 Ice Hockey Tournament

Originally posted by Priceless View Post
    Before starting your own thread, please view this public service announcement.

Please allow this thread to serve as your place to complain about the PWR, the committee, the smoke-filled room or your misinformed views about why undeserving teams like Quinnipiac or RIT stole your team's spot. This is also a good place to complain about your coach, the referees, the RPI formula, KRACH and the entire process.

This version of the thread even promises entertaining topics such as Penn State killing hockey, Joe Thornton being traded, Giada's Melons, Merrimack being kicked out of Hockey Rast, #26 Union, area clowns, a symposium on the many hackings of Freddy Meyer and the always-popular college hockey video game.

We also have several types of cheese to go along with whatever whine you prefer. We promise you'll get your just desevrings!
    That would be "KICK {PROVICED OUT OF HOCKEY RAST! THEY HAVEN'T NEVER DONE NOTHING!"

Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Re: The Official "My team got screwed!!" thread of the 2015 Ice Hockey Tournament

Harvard should be in hockey east

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
        Harvard should be in hockey east
        Leave Harvard alone. How about we trade you Quinnipiac straight up for UVM???
        SLU

Comment

My school missed by .0002, and I can't think of anyone to scapegoat. Suggestions?
          BGSU Class of 2017

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
            As a UVM fan I would take that. I miss the days of the old UVM in the ECAC. The Clarkson, SLU weekends were great.

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
              My school missed by .0002, and I can't think of anyone to scapegoat. Suggestions?
              Well, I suppose you have a few options on who to blame:

1. The system. What kind of system glazes over good ranked teams and chooses a team barely over .500 for an at large seed?

2. The Government. Our elected officials like to step in when NFL replacement refs blow calls and like to voice their opinions when umpires make a bad call to negate a perfect game, but are likely too busy filling out basketball brackets to care about hockey right now.

3. (This space will be filled once I think of another party to blame)
              Go Lakers!

Check out the Laker Hockey Blog, it's good for you! http://lakerhockeyblog.com

Comment

What if I choose to flip the script and talk about how Joe Thornton ruined college hockey, Giada is a hack and Penn State should be traded to Hockey Rast so we can deal with #26 Unions melons?
                "It's as if the Drumpf Administration is made up of the worst and unfunny parts of the Cleveland Browns, Washington Generals, and the alien Mon-Stars from Space Jam."
                -aparch

"Scenes in "Empire Strikes Back" that take place on the tundra planet Hoth were shot on the present-day site of Ralph Engelstad Arena."
                -INCH

Of course I'm a fan of the Vikings. A sick and demented Masochist of a fan, but a fan none the less.
                -ScoobyDoo 12/17/2007

Comment

Wait, if Giada is an option, why are we talking about hockey?
                  Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                  ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Critical Thinker View Post
                    You need to tout KRACH. They had Bowling Green 11th, and safely in as a #3 seed.

Lowell fans also need to make this argument. Using KRACH, BGSU and UML make it instead of PC and Yale.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by critsports View Post
                      You throw in a college hockey video game and it's a deal

Comment

Well shucks UNH is hosting the ManchVegas Regional and all isn't that good enough?!?! 😉😀 I mean we almost won the HE so that should suffice...
                        Here we go 'Cats!!

Comment

Near .500 SCSU gets an at-large over 22-15-0 Michigan.

Kay. Definitely nothing wrong here.

I propose we expand the tournament to 32.
                          ---
                          National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                          Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                          19 Conference Championships
                          10 Conference Tournament Championships
                          2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post

Simple math. (c) Scooby
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post

all you needed to do was win one game.
                              XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXX

The reason for the talent in the west? Because MN didn't rely on Canada.

Originally posted by MN Pond Hockey
                              Menards could have sold a lot of rope

this morning in Grand Forks if North Dakota had trees.

Comment

Working...
                              X