Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Who's going to win it all?

Originally posted by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh View Post
    As a Plattsburgh fan, I'm not going to argue with that. Trinity played a great game plan last night, and it worked against the Plattsburgh offense... But, Oswego learned last night, it isn't going to be that easy doing the same thing to Adrian...
    You so disappoint me. Dumped on and you agree. You missed something I think since you weren't there to better evaluate. You are SO wrong. Gotta leave this one now. Had it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cards81 View Post
      No disrespect towards Trinity intended. They have a nice team. But they were clearly outplayed by Plattsburgh last night everywhere except the scoreboard. They were the recipient of tons of fortunate bounces, timely Card turnovers, a gift home game and beaucoup puck-luck. In a 7 game set, that might have been their only win. But it doesn't matter, it is what it is. I have picked Stevens Point since the beginning, sticking with it.
      Wow, no disrespect? You totally trashed their win.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
        Wow, no disrespect? You totally trashed their win.
        How so? Did he say Trinity didn't deserve to win? Some people feel that when someone says team A outplayed team B, but lost either can't happen and or takes away from a win. Is SNHU a better team then Oswego? Trinity gave up over 70 shot attempts, or are you saying that was their plan? Was it their plan to just hang back and let Plattsburgh take it to them knowing that they will only put 1 of their 70 shot attempts in the net? Yes Trinity got a gift in the home ice, Bob even mentioned as a "cloud over their heads" all week. Excuse? No. Fact? Yes. Did Trinity get some breaks (earned or unearned) Yes. Excuse? No. Timely unforced turnovers? Yup. Excuse? No. I don't understand why it's so hard for some to understand that a team can still dominate, play better, ect ect and lose. Trinity won because of hard work IMO. Blocking 30 shots is impressive. If it's played at the Stafford like it should have been? Who knows. Maybe Plattsburgh wins 5-1, maybe they lose 10-1. Trinity has talent, I just hope that they don't expect to give up 70 shot attempts to Adrian and have the same results...you give Plattsburgh and or any team 70 shot attempts and you only get 30ish I don't like your chances most nights...
        Remy Babineaux
        remyb616@gmail.com
        D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I really don't know enough about the remaining four teams to know who will win it all, but after Amherst's gutsy comeback OT win over the Cadets, I'm a Lord Jeffs fan for the rest of the season. I think it interesting that two NESCAC teams made the frozen four. Has the NC game ever been teams from the same conference? I suspect it has happened in the past.

Will any of the frozen four games be televised or streamed and if so, how can I access them?

Comment

Originally posted by nujack View Post
            I really don't know enough about the remaining four teams to know who will win it all, but after Amherst's gutsy comeback OT win over the Cadets, I'm a Lord Jeffs fan for the rest of the season. I think it interesting that two NESCAC teams made the frozen four. Has the NC game ever been teams from the same conference? I suspect it has happened in the past.

Will any of the frozen four games be televised or streamed and if so, how can I access them?
            First one off the top of my head is 1987 when Oswego and Plattsburgh played in the final with Plattsburgh winning and then later having it vacated.

I'm sure there have been others.
            The Poster Formerly Known as Purple_and_Gold10©
            "The Prezidential Three - Elmira, Oswego, Norwich" © Joecct
            GO EAGLES!!! R.I.P. L.H. #4 In our hearts forever
            GO LAKERS!!!
            GO CADETS!!! R.I.P. Charlie Crosby '63
            "Reisweber trying to circle in front of the net, he does, HE SCORES! that's it! Oswego State has done it!! The Lakers take home the first NCAA title of any kind in school history. It's celebration time in Upstate New York!"
            Oswego State '09

Comment

Originally posted by PrezdeJohnson09 View Post
              First one off the top of my head is 1987 when Oswego and Plattsburgh played in the final with Plattsburgh winning and then later having it vacated.

I'm sure there have been others.
              1987: Plattsburgh over Oswego - ECACW/SUNYAC
              1991: Stevens Point over Minnesota State - NCHA
              1993: Stevens Point over River Falls - NCHA
              1994: River Falls over Superior - NCHA

Not sure about the 1984 matchup between Babson and Union?

In 2001 (Plattsburgh over RIT - ECACW) and 2014 (St. Norbert over Stevens Point - NCHA) you had title games between former conference opponents.

In 2011 (St. Norbert over Adrian - NCHA) we saw a match between non-conference opponents who would later be in the same conference.

TL;DR - The NCHA is/was a good conference!
              Last edited by CARDS_rule_the_Burgh; 03-23-2015, 08:02 AM.
              Plattsburgh CARDINALS
              SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
              ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
              NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
              NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
              NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
              NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by Fishman'81 View Post
                The two best teams from the East are in, but I'm guessing that Point will take home the hardware. I'd have them beating Trinity 4-2 in the NC game.
                I'm sorry but how do you figure?

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                  Because THEY won.
                  Larry Normandin
                  SUNY Cobleskill '83-SUNY Plattsburgh '00

Temper is one thing you can't get rid of by losing it.

God gave everyone patience-The wise use it.

Trust is like paper - Once crumbled it can never again be perfect.

Twitter w/ Bob Emery

WIRY (Windows Player)
                  WIRY (Chrome/Android Player)

Talk is cheap because supply exceeds demand!

Pen pals

D3HOCKEY.com

Comment

Originally posted by 802Hockey View Post
                    I've seen the four teams 11 times in the aggregate. On the basis of that, I'd give Trinity and Amherst the slight edge over PSU and OSU. But, as I've stated before, all those teams are separated by the thinnest of margins.

Comment

Originally posted by haulin oats View Post
                      Is Shackell the front runner for the Sid Watson? I gotta believe so.
                      Probably not considering he isn't one of the finalists.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                        How so? Did he say Trinity didn't deserve to win? Some people feel that when someone says team A outplayed team B, but lost either can't happen and or takes away from a win. Is SNHU a better team then Oswego? Trinity gave up over 70 shot attempts, or are you saying that was their plan? Was it their plan to just hang back and let Plattsburgh take it to them knowing that they will only put 1 of their 70 shot attempts in the net? Yes Trinity got a gift in the home ice, Bob even mentioned as a "cloud over their heads" all week. Excuse? No. Fact? Yes. Did Trinity get some breaks (earned or unearned) Yes. Excuse? No. Timely unforced turnovers? Yup. Excuse? No. I don't understand why it's so hard for some to understand that a team can still dominate, play better, ect ect and lose. Trinity won because of hard work IMO. Blocking 30 shots is impressive. If it's played at the Stafford like it should have been? Who knows. Maybe Plattsburgh wins 5-1, maybe they lose 10-1. Trinity has talent, I just hope that they don't expect to give up 70 shot attempts to Adrian and have the same results...you give Plattsburgh and or any team 70 shot attempts and you only get 30ish I don't like your chances most nights...
                        Ah the old "my team lost but we are better" vindication. Havent seen this one dusted off for awhile. I won't debate this with you Remy, been there, done that and lets just say we disagree. This kind of thinking is great for you and cards and maybe justifies in your mind your team being sent home. I see it as poor sportmanship and thats my opinion. You wonder why guys leave this board? Newbe from Trinity sees this horse crap and says I want no part of it. You ought to apologize to that sole Trinity poster and say good game. Besides can you and Bob really spin a 5-1 loss?
                        Last edited by OZFEST; 03-23-2015, 04:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by OZFEST View Post
                          Ah the old "my team lost but we are better" vindication. Havent seen this one dusted off for awhile. I won't debate this with your Remy, been there, done that and lets just say we disagree. This kind of thinking is great for you and cards and maybe justifies in your mind your team being sent home. I see it as poor sportmanship and thats my opinion. You wonder why guys leave this board? Newbe from Trinity sees this horse crap and says I want no part of it. You ought to apologize to that sole Trinity poster and say good game. Besides can you and Bob really spin a 5-1 loss?
                          Who's spinning a loss? I ask again, did anyone say Trinity didn't deserve to win? Trinity scored 5 goals, Plattsburgh scored 1. We got that. There is a lot more to a game then just a score. It's obvious that SNHU should have been awarded a special bid seeing how they scored more goals then Oswego did, so they are a better team, period. There's no vindication, there no "justifying" a loss. You want to just play patty cake and look at the scoreboard and go home. I say once again, there is more to a game then just a score. Of which, just because a team "scores" more doesn't mean they can't be outplayed (nearly 3-1 on shot attempts). I realize it takes a little bit of brain power and some knowledge of the game to understand that there is more to the game of hockey then the simple scoreboard, for that I apologize. The score simply determines who wins and moves on.

As for our "new" Trinity poster....just like any other posters, if you can't and or don't take the time to understand the rules and process's of the game and get upset when someone tries to help you, suck it up or there's the door. Maybe we shouldn't allow discussion of games because it might hurt peoples feelings. A "Good game Bobby, you did an excellent job beating our hockey team because you scored more goals then our team". That would make for a very entertaining forum. Anyone who simply looks at just the score are about as smart as those fans who's team is getting beat by a few goals and shut out late in the third period and still telling the other goaltender he "****s", or the ones who's team is a 15 loss team, but still puts up the #1 sign when they beat another team....if you can't discuss a game by more then "they scored more goals", I'm sorry.
                          Remy Babineaux
                          remyb616@gmail.com
                          D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Originally posted by llama View Post
                            No disrespect to what Trinity did last night, but in attempt to NOT start a word war Plattsburgh is NOT Adrian...and I will leave it at that...Trinity looked good last night but part of that had to do with the opponent as well...

(look familiar)?
                            Yes well that was a total dis on ur part. I did say Adrian was the team to beat, but they have not played a team like the Bantams. The proof is in the playing. Further you dis'd Platty too. If Adrian is who you say they are then we will see this weekend. If Trin-Trin play like Saturday night, they win. And i leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Cards81 View Post
                              No disrespect towards Trinity intended. They have a nice team. But they were clearly outplayed by Plattsburgh last night everywhere except the scoreboard. They were the recipient of tons of fortunate bounces, timely Card turnovers, a gift home game and beaucoup puck-luck. In a 7 game set, that might have been their only win. But it doesn't matter, it is what it is. I have picked Stevens Point since the beginning, sticking with it.
                              What game were you watching? Typical SUNYAC bias. UR forwards were very good, but Bantams had better chances expect for 2nd period. Patty d-men were the weak link and that is where the goals came from. Expect for 2nd period, most Platty chances were outside and they were one and done most of the time.

And yes you are also dissing the Bantams.

Comment

Originally posted by EastCoastBias View Post
                                Anytime someone says no disrespect and then follows up "but" is completely disingenuous. You have a bad case of sour grapes. A 5-1 score does not indicate a team was completely outplayed who scored the 5. Maybe those "timely Card turnovers" were forced by the Bantams. Maybe the "fortunate bounces" were because of hard work and good coaching. Maybe.....well you get my drift.
                                EXXXXXactly

Comment

Working...
                                X