Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

The toughest part is knowing that if we were able to tie Providence (which we were doing until a late turn over) we would be 13th. If we had beaten Mercyhurst twice we would have been 11th. these are two things that easily should have happened.

Oh well, it is tough knowing that they wont be picked to go into the NCAA tournament but we will see next year. If we dont do it next year it could be a long time before we reach the top of the mountain again.
    Last edited by red133883; 03-22-2015, 08:58 AM.

Comment

Some good sentiments, Rain. I would add that our second period play has been lackluster for a majority of the season and has let teams back into the game. I turned off my tv last night for the 2nd period for that reason and was not surprised when I turned it back on for the 3rd. The stats sheet favored the Raiders except where it mattered most. No points from our top line, a bench minor that led to a power play, and the one player I mentioned we needed to stop, Vesey...what else can you say. We made his goals look easy. I agree the better team won. Despite being lower seeds, our league can surprise some teams in the NCAA tournament...and yes, we have 3! I don't like Yale/Harvard in the same bracket, though. Bowling Green has to be asking a lot of 'what ifs' this morning, too.

Love your enthusiasm, blemberg...but how on earth do you stand living in Ithaca?!
      C O L G A T E
      2023 ECAC CHAMPION
      1990 NCAA FINALS
      https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
      ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
      ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Guys, I just want to say that you had a great season and played your hearts out. I know that you won't make the tournament and that it seems unjust that Yale is going after we knocked them out last weekend. Personally, I think SLU would be a very tough out in the NCAAs as well but that's just me. Wish the ECAC could have more representation.

One reason we won is that you guys gave us way too much room to maneuver through the neutral zone and allowed our speed to do the rest. You backed in and gave us too many good looks. That and the PP was the difference. Your face-off plays were well done - we should steal a page from your book!

Comment

Congrats on a great season!

Harvard and Colgate were far and away the two teams in the ECAC that had to overcome the most adversity in terms of impact players watching games from the stands. It takes a lot of leadership and mettle to overcome injury and keep the locker room together during that process.

I found it very fitting and just that these two teams were the ones to play in the final. It's just too bad that one team had to lose!

Comment

A bit of a migraine this morning. Not in the mood to chime in on a long range opinion of the past season. Maybe later. Just want to thank the seniors for great efforts this weekend and during their four year careers as Colgate Raiders. We will miss them...a lot of class. Wish we could have come out on top yesterday, but nothing to be ashamed of reaching the "last two" at LP. Before the season many picked us to be #1. We almost got there; if it were not for injuries and other hiccups, maybe we would have. But can't look in the rear view mirror and whine. Have to move forward with a great bunch coming back and some newcomers that, hopefully, will plug into the system.

Congrats to Coach Vaughan and the players on a wonderful season!! And a shout out to Gate Radio. Any of you who tuned in after the game concluded heard a fine summary of the past season by GR. He put it all in the right perspective. We go on to next season with high hopes again.
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

"Love your enthusiasm, blemberg...but how on earth do you stand living in Ithaca?![/QUOTE]"

Ithaca stinks...a good job keeps us here! And, only 1 hr 15 min from Hamilton. (Our oldest daughter got to play at Starr a few times this year....proud Dad!) Allows for many trips back to see the men and women skate, football, etc.. Since the day we arrived 9 years ago, I have proudly flown a COLGATE flag from the front of the house....we live on the edge of campus (SUNY Ithaca).....yes, our house was egged a few years ago after we beat Cornell in Lynah...our house is known as the "Colgate house" in Ithaca....and I couldn't be prouder...we are a very proud Colgate family living in the middle of insanity....GO 'gate!

Comment

Thanks to the kids for giving us some fun moments this year. Wish they could have gone on to the NCAA's - for the seniors it would have been a great way to go out.

I didn't see the game last night - but how do we take a too many men with 4 seconds left in the period??????? What were we doing trying to change lines then anyway????? Or was somebody hurt and trying to get off?????

As usual our PP was non-existent - I beieive we had as many shots on their goal when were on the PK as when we were on the PP ! This has been going on for years; lots of pretty passing looking for the easy goal. IMO that goes to the coaching staff. ALL of the teams that are successful on the PP actually shoot the puck!

It was fun like always. Lots of effort through all the injuries - and we should be pretty good next year. Need some D - but by the way our D was pretty good all year.

Harvard is the best team in the league - wish all 3 teams the best in the NCAA's.

Can't wait for October.

Have a great summer.

'Go Gate

Comment

Originally posted by blemberg View Post
                  3) Does anyone know where I can get the 2015-2016 schedule?? I want to start planning my weekends!
                  FWIW, GR mentioned we will open up against Mercyhurst with two games in their barn.
                  COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Ahh, already thinking about next year's schedule! And it will be our last year in our old barn.

blemberg, that is hilarious! Just like the old Syracuse/Colgate rivalry days of dumping orange dye in Taylor Lake and painting the statue at SU maroon! I think we now know where to have tailgates every time Colgate comes to town :-)

Originally posted by bothman View Post
                    Congrats on a great season!

Harvard and Colgate were far and away the two teams in the ECAC that had to overcome the most adversity in terms of impact players watching games from the stands. It takes a lot of leadership and mettle to overcome injury and keep the locker room together during that process.

I found it very fitting and just that these two teams were the ones to play in the final. It's just too bad that one team had to lose!
                    Thank you, bothman. I thought exactly the same thing from both our teams. Perhaps there was poetic justice that Harvard and Colgate made it to the final after all.
                    C O L G A T E
                    2023 ECAC CHAMPION
                    1990 NCAA FINALS
                    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tiU0vQxIQE8

ECAC Pick the Standings Champion, 2008
                    ECAC Pick 'Em Champion, 2010 & 2015
                    ECAC Pick the Playoffs Champion, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                      FWIW, GR mentioned we will open up against Mercyhurst with two games in their barn.
                      The schedule won't be finalized for another few weeks yet. Right now, here's what I can give you for next season. Two at Mercyhurst, one at Northeastern, a home and home with R.I.T., two at home versus Providence, two at Vermont (believe this will be the Catamount Cup) and two at Maine. Two more games will be added to that. Plus, the home and home with Cornell will not be on a weekend in the second half due to how the block schedule is made up for next season - I'm not sure how those games will be broken up.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
                        The schedule won't be finalized for another few weeks yet. Right now, here's what I can give you for next season. Two at Mercyhurst, one at Northeastern, a home and home with R.I.T., two at home versus Providence, two at Vermont (believe this will be the Catamount Cup) and two at Maine. Two more games will be added to that. Plus, the home and home with Cornell will not be on a weekend in the second half due to how the block schedule is made up for next season - I'm not sure how those games will be broken up.
                        I like that schedule so far. It seems odd that we would have two at home vs Providence (when we only went their once this year) and one at northeastern when they came here twice. But I know these schedules are particularly scheduled.

Hopefully the two games to be added will be a western team just to get diversity but overall happy with that schedule

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                          I like that schedule so far. It seems odd that we would have two at home vs Providence (when we only went their once this year) and one at northeastern when they came here twice. But I know these schedules are particularly scheduled.

Hopefully the two games to be added will be a western team just to get diversity but overall happy with that schedule
                          Providence is part of a four-year contract. This year was one at Providence, next year is two at Colgate, two more at Providence in 2016-17 and then one at Colgate in 2017-18.

Comment

Congrats 'Gate on a terrific run that came up a little short.

Shabby, I feel your pain but better days are coming. You'll be on that party barge soon enough waiting for next season to begin!
                            Quinnipiac Bobcats
                            2023 National Champions
                            ECAC Regular Season Champions: 2012-13, 2014-15, 2015-16, 2018-19, 2020-21, 2021-22, 2022-23, 2023-24
                            ECAC Tournament Champions: 2016
                            East Regional: 2013 (Champions), 2014, 2016 (Champions), 2023 (Champions)
                            Northeast Regional:

West Regional: 2015, 2021
                            Midwest Regional: 2019, 2022
                            Frozen Four: 2013, 2016, 2023 (Champions)

Pass complete. Lipkin has a man in front! Shot... SCORE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
                              I could be very wrong about this (it wouldn't be a first) but I believe I read somewhere that Colgate was headed to Tempe next year for 2 games against ASU who will be in their first D1 season. Also ASU would be in Hamilton for 2 games during the 2016-17 season

Comment

"I dont want to forget about Colgate as well. That is a team that pushed us to the limit. They are certainly a team deserving of the national tournament as well. They are a first class team and we feel fortunate to come out on top against them." Donato said

There have been so many high points for Colgate over the past few years ..... you really set yourselves and the ECAC apart with your big non-conference wins these past 3-4 years and you are alwasy there when the ECAC comes down to its final 4 teams. As Harvard Coach Donato said, your are a first class team, and I might add ... each and every year.
                                DUTCHMEN HOCKEY
                                DANGER - MEN AT WORK

Comment

Working...
                                X