Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Got 6, Want More View Post
    And we were 5-4 against tourney teams and lower in the PWR. Oh well, at least we were Ivy League champs as crowned by Dartmouth with a record of 11-0-1.
    You have 4 wins over Harvard, that's it. That is based on luck that you played them in the ECAC quarters. Your best out of conference win was at Holy Cross. Like I said gate went 1-9-1 against tourny teams which shouldn't get you in. That being said as a Yale fan how do you not look at your schedule each year and compare it to the other Ivy teams. Cornell always plays a tough OOC schedule, dartmouth has their tourny, harvard always plays a few Boston area schools and then you have Yale with a big win over Holy Cross. Seriously, look at their schedule the last 2 years and show me an impressive OOC road win, I'll take just one. Give me one.

Comment

Re: Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Cry us a river. You lost. Get over it. Against your team this year, we were 1-0-1 !!!

Comment

Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
        Sic follis resilit. Be proud of you own team. Bad-mouthing Yale is NOT going to change your fate. Against the team you lost to tonight,
        we are 10-2-1 in our last 13 !!!
        What??? Yale is 7-5-3 in their last 16. You'd be a lot more believable if you could count!! Semper Ubi Sub Ubi when you are full of #%$@! I'll agree that Yale's win against Vermont was a quality win and our losses against them and RIT in game one are probably why we are not in, but we have wins against then #4 Ferris State, Miami, and are 4-0-0 against Harvard and Yale. I have to agree when you look at some of these results it doesn't seem that fair. But whatever! Please don't waste it.
        9/11/01 - Stewie & Pelch, you are missed by the SLU Family.
        1962, 1988, 1989, 1992, 2000, 2001, we want More!!!

Comment

It's just tough, we played we'll both games. I couldn't believe the Esposito cross check wasnt 5. That was about as dangerous hit as I have seen. I mean they called a hit on a harvard player yeaterday leaning into a puck hit in the front a 5 min major (that was a joke). And then the penalty on grudge negating a breakaway (hit with his body with his stick level). The only reason that is a penalty is feloa's belief that vessey can do no wrong.

Colgate's last penalty on Murphy was the right call he tripped the harvard player. We had some chances late before they scored the empty net. We just always seem to come to the final four and never get over the hump very frustrating.

I really wish we were playing next week, and it is tough to swallow with the expectations but we will bring back a great group next year to close out starr.

I have no problem with yale or the system it is just frustrating that we got penalized for playing the game, yes we could have won and the system is the same for everyone, but is tough to rationalize that not playing games was good for a team.

Comment

What??? Yale is 7-5-3 in their last 16. You'd be a lot more believable if you could count!! Semper Ubi Sub Ubi when you are full of #%$@! I'll agree that Yale's win against Vermont was a quality win and our losses against them and RIT in game one are probably why we are not in, but we have wins against then #4 Ferris State, Miami, and are 4-0-0 against Harvard and Yale. I have to agree when you look at some of these results it doesn't seem that fair. But whatever! Please don't waste it.
            He is citing Yale's recent record against the current ECAC tourney champs. As for all of the carping about Yale!s OOC schedule, BU And Providence are already scheduled for next year. Even Yale fans complained about the Weak OOC this year
            When the schedule was released, we figured it would keep us out of the tourney. As far as backing in, just look at 2013, I hope there is a repeat of that scenario.
            YALE HOCKEY
            2013 National Champions

Comment

Thought we had a chance when we made it 3-2. My daughter threw up right as we then went on the PK. Must've been a sign of the ENG to come.

Great season, guys. Sorry it couldn't have lasted a few weeks longer!

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                He is citing Yale's recent record against the current ECAC tourney champs. As for all of the carping about Yale!s OOC schedule, BU And Providence are already scheduled for next year. Even Yale fans complained about the Weak OOC this year
                When the schedule was released, we figured it would keep us out of the tourney. As far as backing in, just look at 2013, I hope there is a repeat of that scenario.
                Okay, but what the hell does anything to do with before November 2014 have to do with anything. Why not cite your record in Women's Hockey.

Yes, a repeat of 2013 would be great. In fact, I don't even care who you beat in the final - QU or HU!!

Comment

I know, reading comprehension was always a challenge for you. Once again, in Yale's last 13 games against our dear brethren from
                  Cambridge, our record is 10-2-1. When we lost in gut-wrenching fashion to Harvard last weekend, all the Yale folks, myself included, congratulated the Harvard players and their families. The first hand that I shook was that of Jimmy Vesey's dad, who years ago had his own promising career derailed by injury. Jack Eichel of BU is a terrific player, but I will be pulling for #19 of Harvard to win the Hobey. He carried Harvard on his shoulders all year !!!

Comment

Okay, but what the hell does anything to do with before November 2014 have to do with anything. !
                    That is the beauty of the PWR, all of the games matter, no matter the date.
                    YALE HOCKEY
                    2013 National Champions

Comment

The NCAA bid was right there for the taking tonight and we didn't take it. The better team won tonight. To me the game came down to:
                      1) Power play - Harvard got 2 PPGs and we got none
                      2) the Spinks-Baun line couldn't get anything going all night. Bad passes, going offsides, and Baun (not Murphy) had the killer penalty with less than 5 minutes left when we were putting some heat on the Crimson.

Yes it's disappointing to lose in the final again but I think it's a great accomplishment for us to get to the final this year. This may have been Don's best coaching job yet, considering all the key injuries and that he lost his top assistant right before the season.

Comment

Originally posted by yaledoc View Post
                        I know, reading comprehension was always a challenge for you. Once again, in Yale's last 13 games against our dear brethren from
                        Cambridge, our record is 10-2-1. When we lost in gut-wrenching fashion to Harvard last weekend, all the Yale folks, myself included, congratulated the Harvard players and their families. The first hand that I shook was that of Jimmy Vesey's dad, who years ago had his own promising career derailed by injury. Jack Eichel of BU is a terrific player, but I will be pulling for #19 of Harvard to win the Hobey. He carried Harvard on his shoulders all year !!!
                        There you go questioning reading comprehension skills of someone who is chest thumping about wins over the last three seasons. We kicked the **** out of Yale since 1950 with a 62-36-10 record, I am stunned someone would find a statistic like that to support something like that based solely on their 2014-2015 record. Before this season, Harvard was basically a doormat team. And, by the way, the last two losses are the ones that seem especially relevant.

Sorry to the other Yale fans with a greater sense of relevancy. You come by your neg rep honestly. It's awesome that Yale got an at-large bid. I hope they tear it up. As for you Yaledoc, do you have any awesome facts about Yale's record against U-Penn?

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                          That is the beauty of the PWR, all of the games matter, no matter the date.
                          That's my point. I can't believe someone is talking about wins in 2013 with regard to March 2015 PWR.

Comment

Speaking of counting, 7+5+3 = 15

Comment

Since this is the COLGATE thread...I thought I'd bring it back to 'gate! (I have to admit, I don't waste my time lurking in other's threads) 1) Any insight on our next Assistant Coach??? 2)What happened to Andrew Black??? I thought he was playing pretty well this year. After the Feb 13th game v. Harvard, we never saw him again?? 3) Does anyone know where I can get the 2015-2016 schedule?? I want to start planning my weekends!

22 wins.....not a bad year considering it all....still stings this am....forgot to thank our TWO coaches....Don and Mike....very respectable job this year...and to our part-time Assistant Coach Spiro....hope to see you again walking our bench!

Comment

Sigh ... the post-season hangover has officially begun for me, and it'll probably last at least a week. It stings to see the season end despite 22 wins, our most since 2004-05. But in another context, we couldn't beat Yale, Quinnipiac, Harvard (3 opportunities!), BU, or Providence. So in a way, we don't deserve to make the NCAA Tournament, even though I really wanted to see us make the Frozen Four this year, it being in Boston and all. But I'll probably still go since it's in my backyard.

Unfortunately, I must classify this season as a "disappointment", since we did not make the NCAA's. But still, any of the Colgate hockey teams from 2006-13 will look at this year's team and say that this was a great season. We suffered injuries to key players and overcame adversity. We even got Mike Borkowski back in the lineup when we thought he was done for the year! The team last night played to the final horn and never quit. But if there was one thing that I could point to that went wrong this weekend, it was our penalty kill. Only 12 total penalty minutes, but 3 power play goals. Maybe the wider sheet of ice made it difficult. But it's no excuse.

It's tough to see this year's seniors go out like this. They have been the most successful graduating class in recent memory. Remember, their freshmen season was the year Austin Smith scored 36 goals! Joe Wilson played on a line with Smith and Chris Wagner that year! Brendan, Brooks, John, Daniel, Joe, and Spiro have all been key contributors to the team. Spiro beat cancer and overcame an injury this season. I agree that I'd love to see him behind the Colgate bench again as a coach.

Originally posted by blemberg View Post
                                What happened to Andrew Black??? I thought he was playing pretty well this year. After the Feb 13th game v. Harvard, we never saw him again??
                                From what I heard yesterday, Andrew Black has been out with a concussion. Yes, another (undisclosed) injury.

Originally posted by blemberg
                                Does anyone know where I can get the 2015-2016 schedule?? I want to start planning my weekends!
                                I'll post what I know about next season in a few days. The early forecast, at least from my knowledge, has us being contenders in the ECAC once again. However, this year's seniors will not be replaced overnight, but we do have several talented players coming back. Next year's seniors have been key players since their freshmen season (2012-13), and after losing in the final two years in a row, I'm sure they'll want to get back to Lake Placid and finish the job.
                                Colgate '09

Comment

Working...
                                X