Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Schedule's finalized; the "fairly unlikely possibility" is what happened. http://gocolgateraiders.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhock

Comment

We ought to get to know Bruno next season: twice in one week and three times overall...eek!

Silver Puck w/e at the end of February? What gives with that?
      COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Wish we had Cornell at home on Friday the 13th. Pretty happy with the schedule overall. When might single game tickets go on sale?

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
          We ought to get to know Bruno next season: twice in one week and three times overall...eek!

Silver Puck w/e at the end of February? What gives with that?
          A third game against Brown isn't a given. It could end up that Colgate plays Vermont and Lake Superior State in the Catamount Cup without having to play Brown at all. Remember, Brown will also not be playing at Starr Rink this coming year either because the game in Northern Ireland replaces Colgate's home game in February.

Regarding Silver Puck, it's the final regular season weekend at Starr Rink. There's no sense in having a Silver Puck weekend earlier in the season and then having everyone come back two to three months later for the Starr swan song in February. I would suspect a huge turnout as well since there was no Silver Puck weekend last year and of course it being the last regular season games at Starr.

Comment

Silver Puck weekend was the last home weekend for years, was only early for the last ten years or so.
            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Overall I like the schedule with a lot of HE teams in there instead of the AH, teams we normally get. That is encouraging, but I'd love to see some bigger west coast schools come out here or even go out there. I have always found it funny that the western powers claim dominance and tough schedule but refuse to come to all the programs out east. St cloud has done a wonderful job and should be credited with that, but when was the last time any of the big 10 schools came and played more than 1 ecac school (note I haven't done my research and just going on my perseved schedules).

I worry about the quick turn around on the Belfast trip, coming home to play the north country can't be a good idea. I hope that they stream those games or GR makes the trip and we can get the audio online.

As much as I'd hate to see the history or Starr rink go I am excited to see the developments on '65 arena and Riggs rink in the coming months. It would be great to open up the new barn with a banner raising.
              Last edited by red133883; 06-25-2015, 02:29 PM.

Comment

I am very discouraged by the schedule, disappointed. The only highlight is Providence(Nat Champs) coming for two games Oct 30+31. Thirteen home games, down three from last year, is not enough.

After Cornell Nov 14 we have TWO home games in 68 days, Clarkson and SLU Dec 4 + 5, then away until January 22 !

FIVE home games in Jan and Feb TOTAL ! Plus we lose the home league game to Brown.

After December 5 against Clarkson we have five home games in three months !!! This is brutal, who does the scheduling ? Poor Starr Rink, what a terrible way to go out !!

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                  Overall I like the schedule with a lot of HE teams in there instead of the AH, teams we normally get. That is encouraging, but I'd love to see some bigger west coast schools come out here or even go out there. I have always found it funny that the western powers claim dominance and tough schedule but refuse to come to all the programs out east. At cloud has done a wonderful job and should be credited with that, but when was the last time and of the big 10 schools came and played more than 1 ecac school (note I haven't done my research and just going on my perseved schedules).

I worry about the quick turn around on the Belfast trip, coming home to play the north country can't be a good idea. I hope that they stream those games or GR makes the trip and we can get the audio online.

As much as I'd hate to see the history or Starr rink go I am excited to see the developments on '65 arena and Riggs rink in the coming months. It would be great to open up the new barn with a banner raising.
                  FWIW, Michigan is travelling to two ECAC schools this year.

Tough break on losing the home game to Ireland. Hopefully it was at least by lot.

Comment

Does anyone know of any new rinks other than ours going up next year?

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                      Does anyone know of any new rinks other than ours going up next year?
                      Not sure what Arizona State's rink status is, whether they're next year or the year after...

I heard rumours Freitas might be expanded.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
                        I am very discouraged by the schedule, disappointed. The only highlight is Providence(Nat Champs) coming for two games Oct 30+31. Thirteen home games, down three from last year, is not enough.

After Cornell Nov 14 we have TWO home games in 68 days, Clarkson and SLU Dec 4 + 5, then away until January 22 !

FIVE home games in Jan and Feb TOTAL ! Plus we lose the home league game to Brown.

After December 5 against Clarkson we have five home games in three months !!! This is brutal, who does the scheduling ? Poor Starr Rink, what a terrible way to go out !!
                        I feel your pain. 13 home games? C'mon..unacceptable. What happened to that home-and-home with Arizona State?
                        COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Schedule does seem lopsided. Maybe that's prep for a schedule that leans the other way next year when we open the new arena? Note that for the first time in a long time they got parents weekend right... both football and hockey are home the last w/e of October.

Comment

Who cares if they are home or away AS LONG AS WE WIN THEM! Yes I enjoy going to the games, but it's more important that they win

Comment

Red, just wondering, not cutting on you. How many home games do you attend, just curious ? There were NO home games last year from Nov 21 to Jan 22(I might be off by a day or two). In the dead of winter here that's just too long. This year we have two home games in 69 days from Nov to Jan.

Think about it, after two games home in 69 days we have five home games in January and February total, seven home games in about three months until the playoffs.

Jan and Feb are plain brutal months in CNY, I really need my Gate hockey fix. I know teams don't want to come to Starr but it's not too good for the National Champions to come here, what will be our excuse next year with the new rink ??

Maybe I'll get Utica Comets tix next year, sellouts and loud(and beer).

Comment

Check out Union's schedule, first seven games home, and their rink is worse and smaller than Starr.

Comment

Working...
                                X