Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
    I think if you stay with the picture the frame size will change automatically. It did for me today; it renews every 10 seconds. FYI: those gravel piles haven't moved much, but today is a holiday...

Go Comets! Rangers
    I'm on Firefox 30 using Linux Mint, and it seems like they didn't account for the frame around the picture when declaring the size of the image area, resulting in the scroll bars. Unfortunately I don't have server access at this time to put up a screenshot (USCHO doesn't allow you to upload, either). Interestingly enough, though, Chrome 42 does not seem to have that issue. Perhaps I'll try some other browsers or browser versions later.

Comment

GR, I saw some rumblings in the RIT thread about a possible home/home, as opposed to a single game that the schedules thread's spreadsheet has listed. Would you happen to know anything about this?

Comment

Originally posted by FlagDUDE08 View Post
        GR, I saw some rumblings in the RIT thread about a possible home/home, as opposed to a single game that the schedules thread's spreadsheet has listed. Would you happen to know anything about this?
        Correct, it's a home and home though I forget which team is home first. I believe Colgate's tentative schedule had the weekend of October 23rd and 24th.

Comment

Originally posted by 'Gate Radio View Post
          Correct, it's a home and home though I forget which team is home first. I believe Colgate's tentative schedule had the weekend of October 23rd and 24th.
          Thanks a million. I'd predict Colgate gets the first game at home, given that's how the pattern has gone in previous years according to CHS. Obviously unofficial; we'll know for sure when either school releases.

Comment

Originally posted by sshablak View Post
            LMAO Going Sunday against Grand Rapids(Detroit farmclub)
            Go Comets; nice win last night. Make this a 6-game series and then on to the Calder Cup finals!

Was at the rink construction site under the tent Friday for lunch. Looks good so far. Vicci gave a good pep talk. Proud we got the naming rights to the NAF

Rangers Lightning just too much.
            COLGATE HOCKEY:"Is this the year?"

Comment

Yay Comets

Comment

ICYMI, the incoming freshmen class for 2015-16 was announced today. Release here - http://gocolgateraiders.com/news/201...603154824.aspx

HAMILTON - Head coach Don Vaughan and the men's hockey program have announced the incoming Colgate Class of 2019, which features five newcomers.

The class features two players from both the United States and Canada. The Raiders are also welcoming an international player from Slovakia.

"We are excited to welcome these five outstanding student-athletes to the Colgate Hockey program," said Vaughan. "I want to thank my staff, especially Mike Harder '97, for their hard work in identifying and helping bring these young men to Colgate.

"These three defensemen and two forwards bring with them tremendous work ethic, character and specific skill sets that fit perfectly into our culture and style of play. We are looking forward to getting them on campus in August and welcoming them into the Colgate Hockey Family."

Comment

Did we lose some recruits ? Penner,Lata and a third player I can't remember were listed as recruits. CHN shows them on our 2015-16 roster. Adam Dauda was listed for 2016-17 I believe.

Utica is going thru a renaissance with this Comet team. The whole city is talking hockey, almost impossible to get a ticket.
                  It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Did we lose some recruits ? Penner,Lata and a third player I can't remember were listed as recruits. CHN shows them on our 2015-16 roster. Adam Dauda was listed for 2016-17 I believe.

Utica is going thru a renaissance with this Comet team. The whole city is talking hockey, almost impossible to get a ticket.
                    It's possible they were delayed a year. Or they got a better offer from Major Junior.

Comment

I love CHN but do not go by the rosters there as oftentimes one can find players on a roster for the following year that are incorrect. Not a knock on them but it is what it is. If you are interested in future recruits, I suggest looking at the Heisenberg list that is a Google Doc. While it may not be 100% accurate in terms of whom is coming when, odds are that anyone on the list not mentioned in the press release is scheduled to come in during the 2016-17 or 2017-18 seasons. Either this was the case all along and Heisenberg just had the wrong year or a decision has been made that the player should have another year of juniors either with his same team or a different team in a different league - this can be for any variety of reasons. Or, a player can be accelerated and show up early, again for a variety of reasons.

Overall, it's a good incoming group that should fit in nicely with the rest of the returning players. I like the added size as well with three of the five being 6-1 or taller. That said, with 14 forwards (two scratches), Colgate will have to stay healthy up front and some players will be called upon to elevate their games.

Comment

Saw there was a line at the Aud overnight for tix. Geesh...the Comets are on fire! Time to take down the Monarchs. Isn't there a past Raider on the Monarchs roster? I seem to remember one of our good D-men playing for them, but probably moved on by now. Do you have tix shabby? Will Game 1 be streamed?

I agree with GR. I like the size of our incoming class. Bulking up the D-men corps is good. I also like some of the numbers these guys produced.

Comment

Penner, RW, is the only one listed on Heisenberg's site that is not mentioned in the Colgate release. My guess is he may need another year to bulk up a bit - only 5'11" and 175 lbs. Another year in Jrs may serve him well. He was "signed" in Jan. 2015.

Comment

Originally posted by ColSkate65 View Post
                            Saw there was a line at the Aud overnight for tix. Geesh...the Comets are on fire! Time to take down the Monarchs. Isn't there a past Raider on the Monarchs roster? I seem to remember one of our good D-men playing for them, but probably moved on by now. Do you have tix shabby? Will Game 1 be streamed?

I agree with GR. I like the size of our incoming class. Bulking up the D-men corps is good. I also like some of the numbers these guys produced.
                            Pretty sure Joey Mormina was with them, now Syracuse Crunch. Yes I have tickets, the games are streamed for free on ahl.com. I can't tell you how awesome the Comet games are, rink is full an hour before the game starts, outside tailgating by the aud. The games are electric, loudest I've ever heard, they're not there by luck, they are very good. I have never seen such loud, boisterous, into it fans.
                            It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

I've been seeing on the Colgate Twitter feed that they are calling the construction site "class of '65 arena". Is that that the final name? Is the rink going to be named something else?

Either way, I'm happy that they didn't go with a corporate name and try to sell if.

Comment

Originally posted by red133883 View Post
                                I've been seeing on the Colgate Twitter feed that they are calling the construction site "class of '65 arena". Is that that the final name? Is the rink going to be named something else?

Either way, I'm happy that they didn't go with a corporate name and try to sell if.
                                Yes, the class raised many millions of $$ to finance the NAF, also got the naming rights. The rink will be named after Steve Riggs, a great hockey player from the Class of '65 who died in Vietnam.

Yes, it was Joey Mormina I was thinking of, thx. Used to go to the Utica Devils games and I thought they were boisterous. Must be out of sight now.

Comment

Working...
                                X