PDA

View Full Version : Colgate 2014-2015: Part II

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18

ColSkate65
06-10-2015, 10:42 AM
Comets are in a hole :(

I'm impressed by Racine's history/numbers.

(This thread is a combined 'Gate/Comets discussion, sorry)

drshoen
06-11-2015, 10:03 AM
Comets are in a hole :(

But a smaller hole after yesterday's win. Win tomorrow an they're tied and not in a hole at all.

sshablak
06-12-2015, 07:35 AM
All I can say is electric...I've never been to louder games in my life and I've been to probably 1500 or more.

FlagDUDE08
06-12-2015, 08:17 AM
It'd be nice if they slightly turned the construction camera and zoomed out a bit... seems to be a bunch of stuff going on stage left. As much as watching that orange box is fascinating...

ColSkate65
06-12-2015, 08:47 AM
It'd be nice if they slightly turned the construction camera and zoomed out a bit... seems to be a bunch of stuff going on stage left. As much as watching that orange box is fascinating...

There is a much better view of the construction posted by Steve on the Colgate voy forum website. It is also posted as a twitter feed on Colgate Edu which can be accessed on the athletic website. Look for the link in the upper right hand corner of the homepage. (I wish I was intelligent enough to post a link here, but I'm not!) Looks like they are making good progess on the rink. There is hope.

ColSkate65
06-14-2015, 10:33 AM
Comets :( They had a good run and their fans are unbelievable.

sshablak
06-15-2015, 09:05 AM
I have never seen such a run, even Gate in 1990.
I was obv more into the 1990 Gate run, but the whole city of Utica was into the Comets on and off the ice. Three nights of home games #3,#4, and #5 sold out 3815 tix in FOUR minutes !!! All three games in four minutes total.

Have to put this run third in my life behind only 2003 Gate football and 1990 hockey. Live hockey until 06-13-2015, May was my latest.

ColSkate65
06-15-2015, 10:09 AM
I have never seen such a run, even Gate in 1990.
I was obv more into the 1990 Gate run, but the whole city of Utica was into the Comets on and off the ice. Three nights of home games #3,#4, and #5 sold out 3815 tix in FOUR minutes !!! All three games in four minutes total.

Have to put this run third in my life behind only 2003 Gate football and 1990 hockey. Live hockey until 06-13-2015, May was my latest.

Yeah, pretty remarkable. Going into mid-June with Utica still alive is quite something. I don't think the Utica Devils ever went this far (?).

It's not live, but there's still hockey on June - tonight & possibly Wed w/ Chi and TB. All of these playoffs seem to go 7 games, so I'm betting on the Bolts tonight.

ColSkate65
06-19-2015, 08:50 AM
All hail the Blackhawks - Stanley Cup Champions!

Thus endith the 2014-15 hockey season :)

FlagDUDE08
06-20-2015, 07:32 AM
Colgate's schedule is pretty much pieced together. The only thing missing is the Mercyhurst series. 11/12 December looks like the best possibility (they're playing Michigan on the weekend of 16/18 October). Another fairly unlikely possibility is to play them on 3/4 October.

FlagDUDE08
06-24-2015, 12:05 PM
Schedule's finalized; the "fairly unlikely possibility" is what happened. http://gocolgateraiders.com/schedule.aspx?path=mhock

ColSkate65
06-24-2015, 08:06 PM
We ought to get to know Bruno next season: twice in one week and three times overall...eek!

Silver Puck w/e at the end of February? What gives with that?

College_Hockey_Fan
06-24-2015, 08:53 PM
Wish we had Cornell at home on Friday the 13th. Pretty happy with the schedule overall. When might single game tickets go on sale?

'Gate Radio
06-24-2015, 10:02 PM
We ought to get to know Bruno next season: twice in one week and three times overall...eek!

Silver Puck w/e at the end of February? What gives with that?

A third game against Brown isn't a given. It could end up that Colgate plays Vermont and Lake Superior State in the Catamount Cup without having to play Brown at all. Remember, Brown will also not be playing at Starr Rink this coming year either because the game in Northern Ireland replaces Colgate's home game in February.

Regarding Silver Puck, it's the final regular season weekend at Starr Rink. There's no sense in having a Silver Puck weekend earlier in the season and then having everyone come back two to three months later for the Starr swan song in February. I would suspect a huge turnout as well since there was no Silver Puck weekend last year and of course it being the last regular season games at Starr.

sshablak
06-25-2015, 05:09 AM
Silver Puck weekend was the last home weekend for years, was only early for the last ten years or so.

red133883
06-25-2015, 09:28 AM
Overall I like the schedule with a lot of HE teams in there instead of the AH, teams we normally get. That is encouraging, but I'd love to see some bigger west coast schools come out here or even go out there. I have always found it funny that the western powers claim dominance and tough schedule but refuse to come to all the programs out east. St cloud has done a wonderful job and should be credited with that, but when was the last time any of the big 10 schools came and played more than 1 ecac school (note I haven't done my research and just going on my perseved schedules).

I worry about the quick turn around on the Belfast trip, coming home to play the north country can't be a good idea. I hope that they stream those games or GR makes the trip and we can get the audio online.

As much as I'd hate to see the history or Starr rink go I am excited to see the developments on '65 arena and Riggs rink in the coming months. It would be great to open up the new barn with a banner raising.

sshablak
06-25-2015, 10:34 AM
I am very discouraged by the schedule, disappointed. The only highlight is Providence(Nat Champs) coming for two games Oct 30+31. Thirteen home games, down three from last year, is not enough.

After Cornell Nov 14 we have TWO home games in 68 days, Clarkson and SLU Dec 4 + 5, then away until January 22 !

FIVE home games in Jan and Feb TOTAL ! Plus we lose the home league game to Brown.

After December 5 against Clarkson we have five home games in three months !!! This is brutal, who does the scheduling ? Poor Starr Rink, what a terrible way to go out !!

FlagDUDE08
06-25-2015, 10:59 AM
Overall I like the schedule with a lot of HE teams in there instead of the AH, teams we normally get. That is encouraging, but I'd love to see some bigger west coast schools come out here or even go out there. I have always found it funny that the western powers claim dominance and tough schedule but refuse to come to all the programs out east. At cloud has done a wonderful job and should be credited with that, but when was the last time and of the big 10 schools came and played more than 1 ecac school (note I haven't done my research and just going on my perseved schedules).

I worry about the quick turn around on the Belfast trip, coming home to play the north country can't be a good idea. I hope that they stream those games or GR makes the trip and we can get the audio online.

As much as I'd hate to see the history or Starr rink go I am excited to see the developments on '65 arena and Riggs rink in the coming months. It would be great to open up the new barn with a banner raising.

FWIW, Michigan is travelling to two ECAC schools this year. ;)

Tough break on losing the home game to Ireland. Hopefully it was at least by lot.

red133883
06-25-2015, 02:47 PM
Does anyone know of any new rinks other than ours going up next year?

FlagDUDE08
06-25-2015, 03:25 PM
Does anyone know of any new rinks other than ours going up next year?

Not sure what Arizona State's rink status is, whether they're next year or the year after...

I heard rumours Freitas might be expanded.