Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Michigan State Off-season

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
    I'm confident we won't be shunted out of the building, but I want to believe the assurance we won't be moved.
    I doubt you'll go far if at all. You probably have a good idea how many season ticket holders are around you already, can't see much radical movement unless you sign off on it.

Comment

Understanding that the student section will keep the benches (side note: you can apparently claim your own at the Surplus Store. I'm fixin to trick out my sports cave with a 5-seater).

Sooo ... it has been claimed by facilities that NO season ticket holders will lose their spot. I'm having a hard time figuring out how 5 normal-sized adult keesters crammed into those numbered spaces on the bench would be comfortably = same length as 5 chairs. Unless the students are losing a one of the sections. In which case everybody shifts over a little. Which contradicts the claim that we're NOT being moved in the slightest. The only other possibility is the aisles get a little narrower! Imagine that.
      Last time I was in the building it looked like all the benches were gone, even in the student section, though I didn't necessarily look closely in that direction.

The concourse walls are also being cut away. I hope they replace it with some type of wall, I always liked the barrier between the concourse and seats.
      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Hey, we're playing 36 games this year.

Nice to see Lake State back on the schedule in some capacity.
        Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
        66 - 86 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
        59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Especially if you can't see him . A pretty good option to have.

Comment

That's a pretty good run of USHL 1st-round picks for the current coach's recruits. I believe we had 3 of those last year (Lewandowski, Eliot, Farmer).
            I've seen Eliot play quite a bit. Don't know if it is a good thing he is a 2016 kid. Defensive liability and cannot move the puck very well yet. Hopefully he will spend the next season profitably. He could stand two years rather then just one in Muskegon.

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
              I've seen Eliot play quite a bit. Don't know if it is a good thing he is a 2016 kid. Defensive liability and cannot move the puck very well yet. Hopefully he will spend the next season profitably. He could stand two years rather then just one in Muskegon.
              He was a +1, good for 3rd on the team as a D-man. Not all bad for a USHL rookie. I'd have to guess he's pretty much on-schedule as a 2016-17 freshman.
              Last edited by owslachief; 05-28-2015, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Josh Jacobs has left for the OHL...

Comment

The CHL can chow my bag. Bunch of slimeballs.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/spo...-msu/28164599/

I honestly can't remember the last time we had a kid jump to major junior.
                  66 - 86 - 07
                  59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Comment

A pretty good one on the Blackhawks did

Comment

I heard inklings of this back in February, but the longer it went on I figured the more he was leaning towards staying.
                      Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

well this is a pretty serious blow. Jacobs was going to be the anchor of our defense for as long as he played here.

I wonder why he decided to leave. Crap.

Anasttos might have to alter next year's incoming class.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                          The CHL can chow my bag. Bunch of slimeballs.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/spo...-msu/28164599/

I honestly can't remember the last time we had a kid jump to major junior.
                          The last I remember is Duncan Keith who left half way through his sophomore year in 2002.

Comment

Reid Boucher and Matt Duchene signed with the CHL before enrolling at MSU.

There was a lot of talk of Jacobs signing with Sarnia last summer. Not a big surprise to see it happen this summer.
                            Originally posted by dicaslover
                            Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                            Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Decatur Spartan View Post
                              The last I remember is Duncan Keith who left half way through his sophomore year in 2002.
                              That was the last one to come to my head. I couldn't recall anyone on the active roster to make the jump between then and now, though.
                              66 - 86 - 07

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
                                That was the last one to come to my head. I couldn't recall anyone on the active roster to make the jump between then and now, though.
                                Peder Skinner didn't do much in two years at MSU, then went on to have a decent OHL career.
                                Originally posted by dicaslover
                                Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                                Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Working...
                                X