Is the Final Four on TV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is the Final Four on TV

I've scanned through various threads and didn't see where it was mentioned if the games are on TV anywhere, network, cable, interwebs etc. I figured others may have the same question so here is a thread for someone with knowledge to hopefully enlighten the rest of us luddites.

Re: Is the Final Four on TV

Originally posted by Rightnut View Post
    I've scanned through various threads and didn't see where it was mentioned if the games are on TV anywhere, network, cable, interwebs etc. I figured others may have the same question so here is a thread for someone with knowledge to hopefully enlighten the rest of us luddites.
    Frozen Four is not on TV. The NCAA has given over the rights to ESPN (ESPN right?) as part of a package deal. ESPN has no interest in televising the Frozen Four. In 2013 the Minnesota Gophers were 40-0 heading into the Championship game. The profile was high in the Twin Cities at that time and there was a lot of interest in televising the game. They couldn't get it done. Hurt the Gopher's chance to maximum their profile during their big season.

My opinion was it wasn't worth the while of ESPN to even get their lawyers involved to take the phone call to try to work out a deal. NCAA basically throwing women's hockey under the bus.

Did I get any of this right?

Comment

Last year you could watch for free from the ncaa's website, I don't know if that is the case for this year or not.
      Wisconsin Hockey: 1, 3, 5, 7, 9, 11 WE WANT MORE!
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Come to the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod
      ------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      Originally Posted by Wisko McBadgerton:
      "Baggot says Hughes and Rockwood are centering the top two lines...
      Timothy A --> Great hockey mind... Or Greatest hockey mind?!?"

Comment

Originally posted by Timothy A View Post
        Last year you could watch for free from the ncaa's website, I don't know if that is the case for this year or not.
        Thanks for that info. I just looked at the ncaa website and it says that it will be televised live on that website on Friday and Sunday. Now I need to get my kids to hook up the Chrome thing so I can watch it on the big tv!

Comment

It should be free online again this year. Here's the link to the Friday Schedule, presumably the links will go live at gametime.
          http://www.ncaa.com/liveschedule/2015/03/20

Best I can figure, the last time the wFrozen Four was on real tv was 2009, on CBS College Sports. KTDC pretty much nailed the rest of it.

Comment

The Frozen Four should be shown on ESPNU. Seems like an obvious fit within their family of channels. For reference, ESPNU is showing women's softball & NIT men's basketball on Friday night and then men's baseball and women's softball Sunday afternoon (at least according to my digital directory). Would the ratings really be that much lower for the Frozen Four than the current scheduling?

Comment

At least the games are free and archived.

Didn't love the play by play person last year.

Comment

Originally posted by KTDC View Post
                She made A.J. sound competent by comparison.
                "... And lose, and start again at your beginnings
                And never breathe a word about your loss;" -- Rudyard Kipling

Comment

I'm fine with the game NOT being on TV. Those 3 long timeouts every period have wrecked men's hockey. At least the women's game still has that flow that made me a fan in the first place.

Comment

At least the games are free and archived.

Just making sure...they really are archived? And is the game immediately available on archive as soon as the game ends, or do you have to wait until the next day or longer? I ask because some of the various colleges' streaming services are a bit loosygoosy about their archiving practices and I've been left high and dry more than once.

Comment

Originally posted by ARM View Post
                      She made A.J. sound competent by comparison.
                      Won't you miss Pierre giving a shout out to each and every player's Mites coaches?

Comment

Originally posted by Watson Rink View Post
                        Just making sure...they really are archived? And is the game immediately available on archive as soon as the game ends, or do you have to wait until the next day or longer? I ask because some of the various colleges' streaming services are a bit loosygoosy about their archiving practices and I've been left high and dry more than once.
                        The Frozen Four games from 2013 and 2014 are archived at NCAA.com. The quarters are not, and I don't believe they are archived with the schools either.

Comment

The Frozen Four games from 2013 and 2014 are archived at NCAA.com. The quarters are not, and I don't believe they are archived with the schools either.
                          Thanks!

Comment

I agree totally with Badger Booster!
                            How many of us would watch the ESPN W if it had it's own channel on cable? One of these days there will be equality.....yes it's never been better but it's ridiculous!

Comment

Originally posted by zoofer View Post
                              I agree totally with Badger Booster!
                              How many of us would watch the ESPN W if it had it's own channel on cable? One of these days there will be equality.....yes it's never been better but it's ridiculous!
                              People think college hockey or the NCAA focus on the $. ESPN doesn't even see anything else.
                              Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                              X