Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Vermont v. Lowell : at least one of us has a real animal as a mascot.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vermont v. Lowell : at least one of us has a real animal as a mascot.

Ok, so this is the way I see it... there was no flaming on the season series so we all have a lot of work to do. I know you Lowell guys aren't good with math ... or anything for that matter but just from a statistical standpoint...

UVM 22-14-4
    Lowell is 20-11-6

Lowell has 26 league ponts
    UVM has 23 League points

Lowell is 17th in the pairwise
    UVM is 19th in the pairwise

These two teams are pretty freaking even... on the season Lowell has a 1 win, there is a tie. Mathamatically speaking it only makes sense for a UVM win to make it 1-1-1 on the season. Now I know one of you Lowell guys is going to bring in the eyeball test and SOS etc etc etc. I don't care, your best player in a decade has come from the state of Vermont, and your mascot stinks... and so do your colors... ugliest team colors in hockey east unless you count those gawd awful Notre Dame helmets. Thankfully they got eliminated.

Sure you have a better offense but we have a better defense and special teams... Give up now and we will keep it close so as not to embarrass you... anymore then you do yourselves.

Game on B1THCES !

P.S. I was saving myself earlier on for just this occassion

P.P.S I actually like most of you guys but don't tell anyone, have a rep to maintain

P.P.P.S except for Patronick...

P.P.P.P.S and UML Goon... what happened to him, heart attack? Such an angry fellow.
    Originally posted by Hokydad
    Maine will be better this year relative to rankings than BC will be this year

Re: Vermont v. Lowell : at least one of us has a real animal as a mascot.

Originally posted by jcarter7669 View Post
    P.P.P.P.S and UML Goon... what happened to him, heart attack? Such an angry fellow.
    Wyshynski only lets him out of the basement once a week.
    BS UML '04, PhD UConn '09

Jerseys I would like to have:
    Skating Friar Jersey
    AIC Yellowjacket Jersey w/ Yellowjacket logo on front
    UAF Jersey w/ Polar Bear on Front
    Army Black Knight logo jersey

NCAA Men's Division 1 Simulation Primer

Comment

That was an impressive start. I actually laughed; and it takes a lot to make me laugh on Monday night after 12.5 hours in my office to start the week.

Should be a good game. sad I will be away and miss it. 17 consecutive years at HE semis and I choose this year to go to Austin for the SxSW festival..... Thought about flying back Friday AM and back to Austin on Saturday. But that's ridiculous. Think I can find NESN in that melee? Anyone know any Boston bars in Austin?

Go Cats

Comment

Originally posted by snwbrdr View Post
        Think I can find NESN in that melee?
        All three games will be on NBCSports. It might be blacked out for NESN locally, but you should easily find a place down there that gets NBCSports.

Comment

Ok, so this is the way I see it... there was no flaming on the season series so we all have a lot of work to do. I know you Lowell guys aren't good with math ... or anything for that matter but just from a statistical standpoint...

UVM 22-14-4
          Lowell is 20-11-6

UVM has 23 League points

These two teams are pretty freaking even... on the season Lowell has a 1 win, there is a tie. Mathamatically speaking it only makes sense for a UVM win to make it 1-1-1 on the season. Now I know one of you Lowell guys is going to bring in the eyeball test and SOS etc etc etc. I don't care, your best player in a decade has come from the state of Vermont, and your mascot stinks... and so do your colors... ugliest team colors in hockey east unless you count those gawd awful Notre Dame helmets. Thankfully they got eliminated.

Sure you have a better offense but we have a better defense and special teams... Give up now and we will keep it close so as not to embarrass you... anymore then you do yourselves.

Game on B1THCES !

P.P.S I actually like most of you guys but don't tell anyone, have a rep to maintain

I was leaning toward Hippies vs Heroin but you did well with the real mascot thing. Why is a Cougar called a Catamount in hippie country?

Game on! Our goalie gives up juicy rebounds. All UVM needs to do is camp out in front of the Lowell net, put down their bongs, and score.
          Let's go Lowell.

Comment

UVM 22-14-4
            Lowell is 20-11-6

UVM has 23 League points

Game on B1THCES !

You don't like UML's colors? How can you not like red, white, and blue? Those are America's colors!

Comment

Originally posted by UML Mike View Post
              You don't like UML's colors? How can you not like red, white, and blue? Those are America's colors!
              Must be a Communist. They are from Vermont you know.
              Hockey East Tournament Champions - 2013, 2014, 2017
              Hockey East Regular Season Champions - 2013, 2017
              Frozen Four - 2013

Charter member of Darin's "UML Seven"

Gooooooooooooo....Rivermen!

Comment

Originally posted by UML Mike View Post
                Perhaps uniforms would be more appropriate then colors. The whites are .... well ok. The blue and especially red Jerseys are an abomination. And that isn't American blue...that's the blue that sits in the paint can for decades because you bought it on mistake and can't figure out what to do with it.

Comment

Going with Vermont 4-2 final in this one. Sorry UML fans.

Comment

Originally posted by riverchief1 View Post
                    Must be a Communist. They are from Vermont you know.

Just Bernie... and he isn't actually from Vermont.

Comment

UVM 22-14-4
                      Lowell is 20-11-6

UVM has 23 League points

Game on B1THCES !

I didn't realize Connor Hellebuyck was from Vermont. Did they annex Commerce, MI and not tell anyone? The more you know.
                      Lowell Forever
                      Forever Lowell

Comment

Just Bernie... and he isn't actually from Vermont.
                        I love Bernie. He actually is intelligent, makes sense and doesn't go in for BS games.

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                        I didn't realize Connor Hellebuyck was from Vermont. Did they annex Commerce, MI and not tell anyone? The more you know.
                        *shrugs* It's jcarter. Facts just get in the way.
                        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
                        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
                        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
                        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                          All three games will be on NBCSports. It might be blacked out for NESN locally, but you should easily find a place down there that gets NBCSports.
                          They'll be on NBCsn? You sure about that? If so, that'd be better for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Middle Street View Post
                            Checked the listings myself. You are right -- thanks for the heads up!

Comment

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
                              I love Bernie. He actually is intelligent, makes sense and doesn't go in for BS games.

*shrugs* It's jcarter. Facts just get in the way.
                              BAHAHAHAHAHHAHA... Surely you must have missed Sanders interupting an IBM meeting and chewing out the board. You also must have missed him taking a bus load of old folks to Canada to buy medication... Or the golden parachute his wife too upon retirement, or the foreign car he drives... just take a peek at his financials sometimes. Bernie... well hypocrit and media whore don't do justice. Anyways, enough politics, if you want Bernie us VTers would be happy to give him to you.

FTR I was actually talking about Riley but I'm sure you guys knew that

Comment

Working...
                              X