This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UNH Wildcats TD Garden and Beyond 2015

Had some pretty crappy emails come my way today, but this was the worst.

Oh well - good luck to him!!
    Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by wildcatdc View Post
      Had some pretty crappy emails come my way today, but this was the worst.

Oh well - good luck to him!!
      Hear that!! Sitting here at the Regional with a period left (wondering what I'm really doing here) digesting this news. Oh well better get used to it I guess you guys have seen them come and go. Anyhoo...

Wow this Yale teams GK is awesome and they can skate! Keeping #9 at bay for now...beauty of a goal by Yale to make it 1-0...
      I'm just here for the hockey...

Comment

Bummer on Pesce leaving, but no surprise, as he missed a bunch of games to injury during junior year, just like TvR last year. So, if the money is there now, these guys are likely to take it, as the money may not be there after another year of possible injuries.

Regarding BUs No. 9, he did not pick up a point on the first two BU goals, but did get an assist on the OT game winner; I do not think that BU will have an easy time getting to the FF and beyond.
        Last edited by Snively65; 03-27-2015, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Nifty16 View Post
          Looks like pesce has signed according to Carolina Twitter feed
          Wow - that didn't take long. Harry Quast must be dancing a jig in the MUB tonight.

Projected '15/'16 ice time just shot through the roof PLUS an outside shot at an "A".
          Sworn Enemy of the Perpetually Offended
          Montreal Expos Forever ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post
            Wow - that didn't take long. Harry Quast must be dancing a jig in the MUB tonight.

Projected '15/'16 ice time just shot through the roof PLUS an outside shot at an "A".
            That would be somethin', especially after all the disparaging remarks directed his way on our threads. Good thing that several of our frosh D got lots of ice time this past season, which will be important as they step up to help Tirone (and Clark?) keep pucks out of our net next season, and perhaps set up a few of our own.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Now who could get the "C" on their jersey? Going with Kelleher...with Cleland and Quast (maybe Correale) for the "A's".

Comment

Originally posted by Chuck Murray View Post

Dylan Chanter may be arm-in-arm with Harry during that jig. UNH will have three right-shot defensemen next season - Marks, Furgele and Chanter. Joseph Masonius and Nick Nonis are left-shot defenders.
                The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by HockeyRef View Post
                  Hear that!! Sitting here at the Regional with a period left (wondering what I'm really doing here) digesting this news. Oh well better get used to it I guess you guys have seen them come and go. Anyhoo...

Wow this Yale teams GK is awesome and they can skate! Keeping #9 at bay for now...beauty of a goal by Yale to make it 1-0...
                  Gophers lost, handily. My day ended on a high note!

HR, enjoy the ice time! A little jealous, though I have Lollapalooza down here this weekend and will be back to see the FF on TV.
                  Signature line intentionally left blank.

Comment

• Originally posted by C-H-C View Post
                    Dylan Chanter may be arm-in-arm with Harry during that jig. UNH will have three right-shot defensemen next season - Marks, Furgele and Chanter. Joseph Masonius and Nick Nonis are left-shot defenders.
                    So, Cleland-Furgele, Quast-Marks, and Masonius or Nonis - Chanter next season?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                      Wife's away so been on hockey watching binge today. Saw Joseph Masonius and US NTDP U18 dismantle Chicago Steel (USHL). Masonius got a lot of power play time playing at the top of the umbrella. Moves the puck very well. One of his wristers from the blueline got redirected for a Team USA goal. He could have a productive freshman year. Time will tell.
                      The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

So Matt Willows has a great pro debut with scoring a goal and centering the top line (started 4th line) . He's teamed up with Union's Ciampini (who also scored). Cool stuff! Back to the VWA tomorrow for the NE Regional. Should be a great game. Tough night so far for QU.
                        Last edited by HockeyRef; 03-27-2015, 09:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                          I'm not sure Pesce's departure means Nonis is certain to come next fall - he would probably be the 9th defenseman if he did enroll for 2015-16. UNH will have seven returnees plus Masonius (who should (hopefully) be one of UNH's top D-men immediately)...

Cleland-Masonius
                          Furgele-Marks
                          Maller-Chanter
                          Boyd-Quast

BTW - pretty $weet deal for Brett - can't argue with that. Good for him, well deserved.

http://hurricanes.nhl.com/club/news....id=DL|CAR|home
                          Live Free or Die!!
                          Miami University '03

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                            I'm not sure Pesce's departure means Nonis is certain to come next fall - he would probably be the 9th defenseman if he did enroll for 2015-16. UNH will have seven returnees plus Masonius (who should (hopefully) be one of UNH's top D-men immediately)...

Cleland-Masonius
                            Furgele-Marks
                            Maller-Chanter
                            Boyd-Quast

BTW - pretty $weet deal for Brett - can't argue with that. Good for him, well deserved.

Oops, I forgot Boyd and Maller; but, I was trying to match up left- and right-handed shots. Agree that there might not be enough schollie money to go around with nine D-men.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post

Cleland-Masonius
                              Furgele-Marks
                              Maller-Chanter
                              Boyd-Quast

Kinda agree pretty sweet deal for Pesce but isn't $277,500 a very low signing bonus? Also, am I correct in saying that he will only receive $70,000 if he is not brought up?
                              UNH Hockey: You can check out any time you like but you can never leave!

Comment

Originally posted by e.cat View Post
                                Kinda agree pretty sweet deal for Pesce but isn't $277,500 a very low signing bonus? Also, am I correct in saying that he will only receive $70,000 if he is not brought up?
                                I couldn't say for sure, because I feel as if these deals are often kept under wraps (or maybe I just don't hear about it), but Carolina also signed top-American goalie prospect Alex Nedeljkovic yesterday and he received the same $277,500 bonus and $70,000 AHL contract...

That puts Pesce in pretty good prospect company. Worst case scenario it gives him a pretty good beginners' savings account, the ability to afford to come back to school and a chance to live out his childhood dream - can't turn that down...
                                Live Free or Die!!
                                Miami University '03

Comment

Working...
                                X