NCAA Quarterfinal - Oswego @ Adrian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NCAA Quarterfinal - Oswego @ Adrian

I did say a Green and Gold team would be in Minneapolis.
    CCT '77 & '78
    4 kids
    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Re: NCAA Quarterfinal - Oswego @ Adrian

Oswego has 4 players from the team that won in O.T. back in 2012-13,Carr,Rivait,Kim Swallow and Gilbert,2 will not see the ice but hopefully all 4 can share a thing or 2 about the experience of going to Adrian,we also out shot them 55 to 33 ,perhaps we wore them down that year?? Adrian has been called the team to beat by many,so looks like we go in as dogs on the road....both teams were 1 for 4 on the PP.
    Last edited by bakdraft21; 03-15-2015, 03:44 PM.

Comment

Adrian 3-2 in OT. Why? Not sure but I think they win it all this year.

Comment

Looks like a great matchup...one stat stands out as a key to the game - Adrian has nearly double the penalty minutes as the Lakers. Lakers PP is near the top of D3...this could be one of those "intangibles" if season avgs hold up. Adrian deserves all the respect they get...this will be a tight game...admittedly I am biased, but if the Lakers play the game they played against Hobart out in Michigan, they will move on to Minnesota. Oswego 4 Adrian 3 (but I could be wrong)(but I hope not)
        LakerEagleLover

I support tuition payments past...

Comment

My gut says Lakers but I have seen the Bulldogs a few times this year online and they can be lethal at times.
          LETS GO BEARS!

"Never play flag football in the nude"-Bob Kevoian

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Mike St. Louis is not a BUM!

Comment

Adrian has the best group of forwards that I have seen in a while...Bulldogs by two..
            SNC Men:
            Five Time National Champions: 2008, 2011, 2012, 2014. 2018....
            NCHA Champions: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2014, 2016, 2017. 2018, 2019...
            SNC Women:
            O'Brien Cup Champions: 2013.

Comment

No disrespect to what Oswego did last night, but in attempt to NOT start a word war Hobart is NOT Adrian...and I will leave it at that...Oswego looked good last night but part of that had to do with the opponent as well....just as they didn't look so good the week before...there was a reason Hobart had zero wins vs ranked teams....
              Last edited by PSUChamps2001; 03-15-2015, 06:47 PM.
              Remy Babineaux
              remyb616@gmail.com
              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

The thing with Adrian is that they are extremely dangerous with their chances. Teams may be able to carry play for stretches against them, but Adrian gets one chance and they put it in the back of the net with alarming regularity. Just the kind of thing to take the wind out of an opponent's sail. I have not watched Oswego play this season, but I thought they looked very good against Point in last seasons semifinal. Should be a great game...
                Last edited by altazo; 03-15-2015, 06:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                  No disrespect to what Oswego did last night, but in attempt to NOT start a word war Hobart is NOT Adrian...and I will leave it at that...Oswego looked good last night but part of that had to do with the opponent as well....just as they didn't look so good the week before...there was a reason Hobart had zero wins vs ranked teams....
                  The Bears beat both squads this season...just sayin'.
                  LETS GO BEARS!

"Don't let anyone tell you what we do builds character, it only reveals it." J.Marsh

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

Originally posted by PSUChamps2001 View Post
                    No idea why you have such a hair up your *** about Hobart, but at least you're consistent in bashing them every chance you can get.

Comment

Originally posted by llama View Post
                      No idea why you have such a hair up your *** about Hobart, but at least you're consistent in bashing them every chance you can get.
                      Because they're not as good as some want to preach having seen them several times up close....
                      Remy Babineaux
                      remyb616@gmail.com
                      D3FHL Web Page

Comment

I really don't have a guess what this game will be like? It seems these teams are build pretty much the same, and my guess is a 1-0, 2-1 game? From what I've read, Adrian capitalizes on a mistake or let down to put up points, as does Oswego. It seems like this will be a fast, back and forth game with the winner being whoever cracks first. I am looking forward to watching this game except for the commercials that run at inopportune times in a broadcast, if I remember correctly.
                        2012-2013 Last Person Standing Champion
                        2012-2013 SUNYAC Pick'Em Champion
                        2012-2013, 2013-2014, 2016-2017 D-III Pick'Em Challenge Champion
                        2013-2014 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Champion, 2014-2015 MIACWIACNCHA Pick'em Co-Champion
                        2013-2014 Last Person Standing Losers Bracket Loser Champion
                        2014-2015 Atlantic Hockey Pick'em Champion

"A fast body-contact game played by men with clubs in their hands and knives laced to their feet.” - Paul Gallico

Comment

I think the SUNYAC conference was the toughest league this season for the first time in about 5 years. Nobody had a night off in our league, no gimmies.
                          LETS GO BEARS!

SUNY Potsdam '98

St.Lawrence '00

Comment

I'm thinking Adrian 3-2 in OT. Just my gut feeling. Oswego is a great team, and can be very dangerous on the PP and 5x5... But IMO Adrian is the best team in the field. They can be very physical and knock the Lakers of their game early, much like Plattsburgh did a little over a week ago.
                            Plattsburgh CARDINALS
                            SUNYAC Champ x24: 78, 79, 82, 83, 85, 87, 88, 90, 92, 93, 97, 98, 99, 00, 01, 02, 04, 08, 09, 11, 12, 15, 17, 23
                            ECACW Champ x11: 81, 82, 87, 92, 06, 07, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17
                            NEWHL Champ x5: 18, 19, 20, 22, 23
                            NCAA DIII Champ x10-ish: 87, 92, 01, 07, 08, 14, 15, 16, 17, 19
                            NCAA DIII Runner-up x4-ish: 86, 90, 06, 08
                            NCAA DII Runner-up x2: 81, 82

Comment

Originally posted by Saints17 View Post
                              I think the SUNYAC conference was the toughest league this season for the first time in about 5 years. Nobody had a night off in our league, no gimmies.
                              The biggest thing IMO is that the talent POOL has become diluted. I don't think the talent level is but more and more teams are putting together better teams and drawing away stars from typical powerhouses. The increase in size, speed and goaltenders have closed the gaps in most conferences. A decent goaltender can shock anyone.

I am so torn on this game. I've gone back and forth so many times. Could very well be one of the better quarterfinal matchups. I still take the Lakers by 1.
                              Remy Babineaux
                              remyb616@gmail.com
                              D3FHL Web Page

Comment

Working...
                              X